ENHS Cougars 6
    Final
    WP Nick Escobar 8 k's 2 ER
    LP Joey Peralez
    Jag Gonzaba 1-3 1RBI
    Nick Escobar 1-1 1 RBI
    Victor Gonzalez 1-3 1 RBI
    Josh Deluna 3B

Cougars started off slow with Pithcher Joey shutting down the Cougar bats for the 1st 3 innings. Cougars left bases loaded twice in the game. Jag Gonzaba came through with the tying Rbi in the 4th. The Cougars broke it open in the 5th. Nick pitched 3 scoreless innings at the end to shut down the wolverines. Best team the Cougars have faced so far. Cougars are now 6-0 in District and will match up with the Bobcats on Saturday.

Heisman Winner

Default JV Cougars vs JV Bobcats

Sat March 28th @ EHS

The 6-0 Cougars will travel to EHS to match up against the JV Bobcats on Sat. In the first meeting this year in Harlingen, Nick Escobar controlled the bats of the Bobcats. This time around it will be the hard throwing Danny Patino. Good Luck to the Cougars as they begin the sweep of the Bobcats.

Default ENHS Cougars J.V.

ENHS at EHS Saturday 10am

GET FIRED UP!!!!

Default ENHS COUGARS J.V.

ENHS Cougars 9
    EHS Bobcats 4
    Final
    WP Danny patino
    LP Jose Munoz
    Danny 7Ks 2ERs
    Danny 2-3 2RBIs
    Nick 1-1 2RBIs
    Rey 1-2
    Jag 1-2 1RBI

Good game Cougars 7-0 in District 9-1 overall Keep up the good work.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by punisher66 View Post
    ENHS Cougars 9
    EHS Bobcats 4
    Final
    WP Danny patino
    LP Jose Munoz
    Danny 7Ks 2ERs
    Danny 2-3 2RBIs
    Nick 1-1 2RBIs
    Rey 1-2
    Jag 1-2 1RBI

Good game Cougars 7-0 in District 9-1 overall Keep up the good work.
    Way to finish the first half of District Cougars. Combination of Patino and Escobar really coming strong, keep working hard !

ENHS at Harlingen Cardinals Monday 6pm

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by punisher66 View Post
    ENHS at Harlingen Cardinals Monday 6pm

The Cougar JV team lead by Coach Salinas continues to roll in district 8-0 by defeating Harlingen High tonigjt by a score of 5-1. Nick Escobar took a perfect game into the fourth inning before surrending the first hit. He struck out 8 and had 2bb in 6 innings pitched. The Cougars will try to make it 9-0 on sat vs the PSJA Bears. Keep up the good work!

Way to go Nick!

ENHS Cougars 5
    Harlingen Cards 1
    WP Nick Escobar
    Nick 8Ks 1ER
    Josh De Luna 3-3 3RBIs
    Nick 2-3 1RBI
    Jag 2-3 1RBI
    Danny 1-4
    Gus 1-3

8-0 in district Keep up the good work COUGARS!!

Junior Varsity

Default EHS JV

EHS JV TEAM IS LOOKING PRETTY GOOD. WITH PITCHERS JOSE MUNOZ AND TONY BARRERA WHO THREW A NO HITTER THROUGH THE FIFTH INNING YESTERDAY VS. PSJA MEMORIAL AND COMING IN TO CLOSE IT WAS JOE M. THEY (EHS) LOOK TO BE ONE OF THE FAVORITES THIS SEASON.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ehsbaseball01 View Post
    EHS JV TEAM IS LOOKING PRETTY GOOD. WITH PITCHERS JOSE MUNOZ AND TONY BARRERA WHO THREW A NO HITTER THROUGH THE FIFTH INNING YESTERDAY VS. PSJA MEMORIAL AND COMING IN TO CLOSE IT WAS JOE M. THEY (EHS) LOOK TO BE ONE OF THE FAVORITES THIS SEASON.
    Good group of players. Don't forget Ricky Vasquez, David Cantu and Brandon Perz. The Cougars played them last Saturday. EHS made too many errors in the infield which did not help Jose. Jose pitched well. What is the EHS record so far???

Heisman Winner

This is good news to hear. Looks like 2 of the Cats in Edinburg will be good for a couple of years to come. Although, I've heard that Harlingen's freshman team is pretty good.

*Photo Courtesy of texashshelmetproject.com

Heisman Winner

k, maybe not. Just saw that Harlingen Freshman have only won 1 game in District. LOL my mistake.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Pride View Post
    This is good news to hear. Looks like 2 of the Cats in Edinburg will be good for a couple of years to come. Although, I've heard that Harlingen's freshman team is pretty good.
    You never know pride. May have to join the Dark Side for next year.

Heisman Winner

I seriously doubt that one Cisco. As the saying goes, "Once a Bobcat, Always a Bobcat." LOL I might go to a few Dark Side games, but it'll be just to see some good baseball.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Pride View Post
    I seriously doubt that one Cisco. As the saying goes, "Once a Bobcat, Always a Bobcat." LOL I might go to a few Dark Side games, but it'll be just to see some good baseball.
    I do admire the Pride that the Bobcat fans have in there team. My home town is very similar in the way it takes pride in there HS sports team, especially our football team. The entire city shuts down for friday night. You can see people wearing maroon and white shirts all year long. My wife makes fun of my family when we go back to visit because they all have Lion t-shirts on. But that is the same Pride the Bobcats have. I do miss that. You may ask what my old HS is: Ennis High - State 4-A champs in 77,00,01 and 03. Always has Pride in the Maroon and White. Would love to see them play the Bobcats one of these days even the Maquina but they lose to early. Keep the Pride going Bobcats and good luck.

Heisman Winner

That's what makes HS sports so much fun, Cisco. I tell you what, it was hard seeing our football team go 0-10. However, I was still at all the games. As was the die hard faithful fans. There is also that pride @ Edinburg North. I mean, there is so much school pride in Edinburg that students who go to EHS do not associate with people from ENHS, while they are in school. After they graduate, then they will associate, but still only to a certain extent. That is the truth. LOL

Default Pride in Edinburg

It is good to see that there is other people responding to sub varsity forum. This is the future varsity players for the next couple of years. There is a lot of talent out there especially in Edinburg.

Heisman Winner

The Cougars will continie there quest for a JV district title as they will face the PSJA Bears on Sat at 3pm. Nick will be on the mound for the Cougars as they try to make it 9-0 in district play.

Heisman Winner

Hey Cisco, where is Saturday's game @? PSJA or Edinburg North. I might go and check it out. Just to see what the other teams have coming up.

Thread Information