Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Junior Varsity
    Originally from Brownsville,Tx currently in Roswell,NM

Thumbs up What i s with TWO different Districts in MIDDLE SCHOOL?

I have two little sisters that attend Vela and After finding out that BISD expanded their athletics and allowed them to play against San Benito, Harlingen,and Los Fresnos i was excited about adding more competition for the young athletes. But as soon as i found out that there are two districts and some brownsville teams wont be playing eachother I was a little ticked off. How are you gonna have Two different District Champs they should either allow everyone to play everyone or at the end of season have a little playoff where only the top two teams in each district play eachother and at the end have a lower Valley Champ. This way the athletes can also get a little taste of what Playoff atmosphere is like.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapi21 View Post
    I have two little sisters that attend Vela and After finding out that BISD expanded their athletics and allowed them to play against San Benito, Harlingen,and Los Fresnos i was excited about adding more competition for the young athletes. But as soon as i found out that there are two districts and some brownsville teams wont be playing eachother I was a little ticked off. How are you gonna have Two different District Champs they should either allow everyone to play everyone or at the end of season have a little playoff where only the top two teams in each district play eachother and at the end have a lower Valley Champ. This way the athletes can also get a little taste of what Playoff atmosphere is like.
    I think it's a good thing that BISD play different districts...you can't have it all. District champ is more respectable than city champs.

Hall of Famer

Default SubVarsity Softball

There is a lot of talent in the middle schools in Los Fresnos and Brownsville, I have attended a few games and actually the pitching is outstanding. Los Fresnos Liberty has a very good pitcher. I saw a game on a cold saturday morning between Los Fresnos Liberty and Brownsville Stell middle school. It was a low scoring game. The pitcher for Stell was very relaxed above average for the age and seemed like she has been pitching for a while. Oh she also drove in all the runs with an inside the park homer. the score was 3-0 for Stell. I wish there was softball all over the valley, but there is no Softball in San Benito's middle schools.

Thread Information