Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by blackshirt View Post
    He went 7-4 at Zapata. Turned that program around. He has had success at Nixon & Alexander, both places considered amongst the best in South Texas during his times there. I doubt he leaves Zapata, he will start building a consistent winner there at Zapata before too long.
    Define “turned that program around”. He took them to the first round of the play offs. Zapata has done that like 8 or 9 times in the last 10 years. They beat Hidalgo like everyone else did. And beat a weak HM King this year. Pre season schedule was pretty weak with the exception of a couple teams.

Maybe my morals are different, but idk what your teaching kids by keeping this guy in the game. You can have your cake and eat it too. If you google someone’s name and “FBI Investigation” comes up then that’s usually a red flag. There’s a reason why Alexander Reassigned him.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by EL_Chief View Post
    Define “turned that program around”. He took them to the first round of the play offs. Zapata has done that like 8 or 9 times in the last 10 years. They beat Hidalgo like everyone else did. And beat a weak HM King this year. Pre season schedule was pretty weak with the exception of a couple teams.

Maybe my morals are different, but idk what your teaching kids by keeping this guy in the game. You can have your cake and eat it too. If you google someone’s name and “FBI Investigation” comes up then that’s usually a red flag. There’s a reason why Alexander Reassigned him.
    Give me a break with that FBI investigation stuff! Trust me, there are coaches currently employed that have done much worse than having an “illegal game room”. About “teaching my kids” if you are relying on a coach to teach your kid the difference between right and wrong, maybe it’s not the coach with the problems...

2007 Zapata 5-6-0
    2008 Zapata 5-5-0
    2009 Zapata 6-5-0
    2010 Zapata 5-6-0
    2011 Zapata 5-5-0
    2012 Zapata 2-8-0
    2013 Zapata 5-7-0
    2014 Zapata​ 8-3-0
    2015 Zapata​ 6-5-0
    2016 Zapata 2-8-0
    2017 Zapata 4-6-0

Let’s see over the last 10 years Zapata has had 1, 8 win Season, at 7-4 he almost matched their best record in the last 10 years. The playoff wins will start coming to Zapata once he sets his program in, they just started with their offense & defense after years with their nasty/slot offense. Zapata will be a consistent threat in that district.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Give me a break with that FBI investigation stuff! Trust me, there are coaches currently employed that have done much worse than having an “illegal game room”. About “teaching my kids” if you are relying on a coach to teach your kid the difference between right and wrong, maybe it’s not the coach with the problems...
    Agree 100% .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Retired Football Guru

2007 Zapata 5-6-0
    2008 Zapata 5-5-0
    2009 Zapata 6-5-0
    2010 Zapata 5-6-0
    2011 Zapata 5-5-0
    2012 Zapata 2-8-0
    2013 Zapata 5-7-0
    2014 Zapata​ 8-3-0
    2015 Zapata​ 6-5-0
    2016 Zapata 2-8-0
    2017 Zapata 4-6-0

Let’s see over the last 10 years Zapata has had 1, 8 win Season, at 7-4 he almost matched their best record in the last 10 years. The playoff wins will start coming to Zapata once he sets his program in, they just started with their offense & defense after years with their nasty/slot offense. Zapata will be a consistent threat in that district.
    Meh, their records are deceiving. Zapata should NEVER be taken lightly. Heck, they beat my Bobcats in 2008 to spoil a perfect district and regular-season record. Rio Hondo went to the third round that year.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Immortal

Still shocked with Salinas sudden resignation from weslaco to take a sales job. Doesn't make much sense since weslaco pays their coaches very well. He did bring his most of his staff to weslaco and curious if one of his coaches will take over. Will weslaco continue the same type of offense that brought them success? Was it a forced resignation because of something that happened? He did turn the program around after that one year. We high in limbo for now. Hopefully they can bring someone in that can utilize the weapons on offense like he did. Guess only time will tell. Panthers got the pieces in place for another good run but who will be calling the plays next season?
    Last edited by Truth; 01-10-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by horns93 View Post
    Agree 100% .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    For real though, start drug testing some of these coaches and assistants see how many of them piss dirty!!!! But oh no, don't be under investigation over illegal gaming!!!! This dude talking about "but maybe my morals are different".... Pfff!!

Junior Varsity

For real though, start drug testing some of these coaches and assistants see how many of them piss dirty!!!! But oh no, don't be under investigation over illegal gaming!!!! This dude talking about "but maybe my morals are different".... Pfff!!
    Jesus Christ. Just like you said IT’S ILLEGAL. Just because it not as bad as something doesn’t make it any less illegal. They SHOULD drug test coaches and assistants if they are gonna be dealing with student athletes. Most schools do. You’re trying to say “well this dude only had an ounce of crack, at least he’s not that dude who had a pound.” At the end of the day it’s still illegal.

You sound ridiculous trying to justify, “well they only broke the law a little bit”...Pffff!!

Immortal

I think it's crazy that kids have to sign a form which says they can be drug tested but yet teachers or coaches for that Mtater never get tested and these are the ones that are coaching and educating our kids

Platinum

Jesus Christ. Just like you said IT’S ILLEGAL. Just because it not as bad as something doesn’t make it any less illegal. They SHOULD drug test coaches and assistants if they are gonna be dealing with student athletes. Most schools do. You’re trying to say “well this dude only had an ounce of crack, at least he’s not that dude who had a pound.” At the end of the day it’s still illegal.

You sound ridiculous trying to justify, “well they only broke the law a little bit”...Pffff!!
    I don't know where you get your information from but NO, "most schools" DO NOT drug test their faculty... Furthermore, you are leaving out ONE MAJOR component to all of this, Coach Lopez has NOT been convicted... I know you are trying to spin this like he's satan incarnate, but again its not what you know... Its what you can prove...

Also, that crack cocaine to marijuana reference is all kinds of ridiculous, crack cocaine is a Schedule II controled substance while marijuana is a Schedule I... So when it comes to criminal proceedings, there is VAST difference much like there is in my comparison... Nice try though
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 01-11-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Junior Varsity

I don't know where you get your information from but NO, "most schools" DO NOT drug test their faculty... Furthermore, you are leaving out ONE MAJOR component to all of this, Coach Lopez has NOT been convicted... I know you are trying to spin this like he's satan incarnate, but again its not what you know... Its what you can prove...

Also, that crack cocaine to marijuana reference is all kinds of ridiculous, crack cocaine is a Schedule II controled substance while marijuana is a Schedule I... So when it comes to criminal proceedings, there is VAST difference much like there is in my comparison... Nice try though
    Schools north of the Valley require coaches to drive buses. If you drive a bus you’re mandated to be drug tested and you’re subject to random drug tests throughout the year. Technically if you’re going to drive any school vehicle that’s part of thier fleet you get drug tested.

Schools north of the Valley require coaches to drive buses. If you drive a bus you’re mandated to be drug tested and you’re subject to random drug tests throughout the year. Technically if you’re going to drive any school vehicle that’s part of thier fleet you get drug tested.
    Bottom line Zapata is better now that Coach Lopez is there running the program he is a proven winner in district & the playoffs. I doubt he leaves anywhere to take another job. Don’t worry there Chief, Zapata should be in good hands.

Any word on the jobs at Mchi, EE, Rio, Weslaco?

Junior Varsity

Bottom line Zapata is better now that Coach Lopez is there running the program he is a proven winner in district & the playoffs. I doubt he leaves anywhere to take another job. Don’t worry there Chief, Zapata should be in good hands.

Any word on the jobs at Mchi, EE, Rio, Weslaco?
    I know Rio has wanted Able, but Able has turned them down before...who knows.

The job has been offered to the Head Coach from Roma... Fromer head coach from Rio, Coach Lozano also turned it down...Heard Coach Arce was being talked to...Then Coach Mireles as well

Allegations are conjured up left and right these days with many turning out to be outright lies.

In the end, it still looks bad if a coach is involved, even indirectly.

From what I have gathered, it seems like homeboy was more than likely aware and or involved. Oh well, I guess we will see.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Allegations are conjured up left and right these days with many turning out to be outright lies.

In the end, it still looks bad if a coach is involved, even indirectly.

From what I have gathered, it seems like homeboy was more than likely aware and or involved. Oh well, I guess we will see.
    Its not what we know, its what we can prove... Innocent until proven guilty

Junior Varsity

If it doesn’t fit you must equit lol

Junior Varsity

If it doesn’t fit you must equit lol

I know Rio has wanted Able, but Able has turned them down before...who knows.

The job has been offered to the Head Coach from Roma... Fromer head coach from Rio, Coach Lozano also turned it down...Heard Coach Arce was being talked to...Then Coach Mireles as well
    Outta all these guys, Coach Mireles is the best candidate. Has worked for Coach Lopez & Coach Sanchez as a top assistant/Coordinator for many years & has been a part of many championships from Nixon, Alexander, & United. He should’ve been hired 3 years ago at Rio. Maybe they land him this time around. He is from Starr County so it will be a homecoming of sorts.

Hall of Famer

McHi should go after the Shary OC. Offense has carried Sharyland for several years it seems. Their D has been their problem. Besides the board will look bad if they hire Krell since he has been passed up when Harris was reassigned.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    I got a hunch McAllen will go with Sharyland DC Krell. He spent a lot of time at McHi before leaving after Harris was reassigned. If that happens then a lot of former McHi coaches will head back there.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    McHi should go after the Shary OC. Offense has carried Sharyland for several years it seems. Their D has been their problem. Besides the board will look bad if they hire Krell since he has been passed up when Harris was reassigned.
    Take him... We have Adame, he is what makes Sharyland go... The boys would run though white hot coals for Coach Adame!

Thread Information