Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission eagles

6 75.00%
  • La Joya

2 25.00%
    Hall of Famer

Default La Joya at Mission two teams enter one playoff team leaves

Huge 30-6a matchup with La Joya visiting Mission Eagles. It basically comes down to the last game, again, for these teams to earn a playoff berth. Mission highs offense has found itself again and the defense has played like a unit on a mission, pun intended. La Joya has a one dimensional offense but are extremely effective at pounding the run. La Joya defensively has been reported to be missing their top defender which is their MLB. As I always say matchups matchups matchups!! La joya is a bad matchup for mission defensively with their up the middle success. With pending weather will mission be able to pass as efficiently as they have been? If not can the steady run game, powered by Moronta and Maldonado, continue to drive the chains.

Platinum

I'm going to say Mission wins, I think their D is good enough to slow down LaJoya's triple option... It won't be easy though

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I'm going to say Mission wins, I think their D is good enough to slow down LaJoya's triple option... It won't be easy though
    La joya power run game. Mission 3 man front. Ijs

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
    La joya power run game. Mission 3 man front. Ijs
    You can defend the triple option with a 3-4 though, as long as the LBs stay disciplined...

Hall of Famer

Not if their o line is bigger than your d line. All they got to do is chip and drive d line into the lbs. Easy 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Platinum

Not if their o line is bigger than your d line. All they got to do is chip and drive d line into the lbs. Easy 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
    San Antonio Southside whooped a much bigger and heavily favored Port Lavaca Calhoun team 50-14, I'm pretty sure SS runs a 3 man front and they are not very big... I like what Mission has on D, especially when Andrew and Gomez are both in at LB...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 11-08-2018 at 12:53 AM.

In our 2 losses we got torched by the Qb running, I don't think the La Joya QB is of the caliber that Skaugen is on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    San Antonio Southside whooped a much bigger and heavily favored Port Lavaca Calhoun team 50-14, I'm pretty sure SS runs a 3 man front and they are not very big... I like what Mission has on D, especially when Andrew and Gomez are both in at LB...
    We also have an another Lb that's a sophomore #5 Justin Soto, he had 3 sacks and a blocked punt last week. He's been huge for us all season.

Hall of Famer

Soto is olb which isn't going to help with the middle run which is where villareal usually breaks from. For this to work we will need to bring up a safety for run support. Trust me Ia joya is going to be a problem pending injury report. At this point I know of la joya injuries but stl unconfirmed.

Soto is olb which isn't going to help with the middle run which is where villareal usually breaks from. For this to work we will need to bring up a safety for run support. Trust me Ia joya is going to be a problem pending injury report. At this point I know of la joya injuries but stl unconfirmed.
    But if Soto can help secure the edge and reduce that threat a bit then that helps guys like Alek, Andrew, and Tito deal with LJ running up the middle. I can see JL giving the eagles problems but I just like our combo of size and speed on D.
    Last edited by christofire; 11-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Hall of Famer

I like the eagles size and speed but we seem to be better built for spread type teams. Hence why we dominated both bears and mission vets.

Platinum

The injury report sucks! I hope he plays...

Hall of Famer

The winner of this game plays Laredo United in the first round? Correct?

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    The winner of this game plays Laredo United in the first round? Correct?
    Possible

Hall of Famer

Looking like untied or lbj ia the matchup if mission wins. Either way mission hasn't been in the dance for 6 years. It's about that time already.

Super Moderator

Mission should take this game. LJ run game is strong but RB took a beating vs Rowe...defense not so good...

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Followed up on 29-6a and looks like Lbj is out.

https://www.lmtonline.com/sports/art...e-13376957.php

Huge 30-6a matchup with La Joya visiting Mission Eagles. It basically comes down to the last game, again, for these teams to earn a playoff berth. Mission highs offense has found itself again and the defense has played like a unit on a mission, pun intended. La Joya has a one dimensional offense but are extremely effective at pounding the run. La Joya defensively has been reported to be missing their top defender which is their MLB. As I always say matchups matchups matchups!! La joya is a bad matchup for mission defensively with their up the middle success. With pending weather will mission be able to pass as efficiently as they have been? If not can the steady run game, powered by Moronta and Maldonado, continue to drive the chains.
    Welcome to the Thunderdome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk
    PRIDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by El Galgo View Post
    Lmao. Yup exactly what I was thinking

United here we come!

Thread Information