Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weslaco

4 100.00%
  • Ed. North

0 0%
    Immortal

Default Weslaco vs Edinburg north

Home game for the Panthers, last game of the regular season so hope we can finish strong, the cougars have struggled mightily this season but they should be coming in pretty confident after their win vs Economedes last week. I know coach Salinas respects every and all oppts and I know he will have the team ready and not get caught overlooking them by any means, but hoping we can put this game away early and let our starters rest up..

Hall of Famer

We gotta come out strong and get a big lead. Rest some guys in the 2nd half and get ready for the Cards.

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    We gotta come out strong and get a big lead. Rest some guys in the 2nd half and get ready for the Cards.
    Agreed.. Like to see us play a clean mistake free game as well.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Agreed.. Like to see us play a clean mistake free game as well.
    I agree, we really need to work on cleaning up those damn penalties. We can't afford those type of mental mistakes in the playoffs.

Anyways.... gonna be a pretty boring thread, so let's go back to trolling the East peeps.

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Junior Varsity

Weslaco should take this one.

Edinburg North has been running the wrong offense all year based on their personnel. That Spread/Read Option was designed for Isaiah Rangel(Pharr North QB) not current immobile qb. That being said still impressed with north, they show potential for next year. Some things are clicking. Cant wait to see current sophomores take over next year at starting QB and RB. you heard it here first.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CmonMan0824 View Post
    Weslaco should take this one.

Edinburg North has been running the wrong offense all year based on their personnel. That Spread/Read Option was designed for Isaiah Rangel(Pharr North QB) not current immobile qb. That being said still impressed with north, they show potential for next year. Some things are clicking. Cant wait to see current sophomores take over next year at starting QB and RB. you heard it here first.
    Thanks for info, good to see at least one cougar fan on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    I agree, we really need to work on cleaning up those damn penalties. We can't afford those type of mental mistakes in the playoffs.

Anyways.... gonna be a pretty boring thread, so let's go back to trolling the East peeps.
    Felt like the Rowe game all over again this past Friday with all the damn false starts and holds. We NEED to shore that up.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    Felt like the Rowe game all over again this past Friday with all the damn false starts and holds. We NEED to shore that up.
    Unfortunately it hasn’t gotten better from week 1, it still plaguing us big time. And like pride said with the playoffs coming up we just can’t afford the mental
    mistakes anymore.

Where’d all the wildcat fans go??

Hall of Famer

Edinburg North will be coming in with an added incentive in knowing that if they beat the Panthers they will be in the playoffs coupled with a bobcats loss. Now the bobcats are playing Donna north so this could be a forgone conclusion.

Nonetheless the cougars with something to play for could get interesting.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Edinburg North will be coming in with an added incentive in knowing that if they beat the Panthers they will be in the playoffs coupled with a bobcats loss. Now the bobcats are playing Donna north so this could be a forgone conclusion.

Nonetheless the cougars with something to play for could get interesting.
    Yeah just read that article, a desperate team does makes for a dangerous team, I mean it’s a long shot at a playoff spot for them, combined with a win over us, they would need EHS to fall to Donna north and that in itself is a very big longshot. But I’m sure coach Salinas knows the position they are in and how we need to finish strong and go into the playoffs on a positive note, I’m sure he will have the guys focused and ready to play.

Immortal

Should be some nice football weather on Friday though Mid 50’s breezy, rain also in the forecast.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    Where’d all the wildcat fans go??
    Hook em horns

Immortal

Well the cougars slim playoff chances have been officially dashed no matter the outcome in this game, since they needed Ehs to also fall to Donna north, didn’t happen, bobcats took care of the chiefs tonight 40-3.

Immortal

Good luck tonight panthers.

Immortal

Panthers beat the cougars tonight 57-6 and secure the 2nd seed in 31-6A, and we will be playing at HOME vs the cardinals next Friday.

Immortal

Congrats to the Panthers on a successful 9-1 regular season, what a diff a year makes, all thanks to Coach Salinas and staff, who just needed a little more time to implement his system and the kids bought into it and the results showed this season. I see us being a lot more consistent than we have in prior years. Now let’s see how coach Salinas prepares us for the postseason and what kind of run we can make .. It all starts next week.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Congrats to the Panthers on a successful 9-1 regular season, what a diff a year makes, all thanks to Coach Salinas and staff, who just needed a little more time to implement his system and the kids bought into it and the results showed this season. I see us being a lot more consistent than we have in prior years. Now lets see how coach Salinas prepares us for the postseason and what kind of run we can make .. It all starts next week.

Congratulations indeed to our Panthers on an awesome season!

Do you know if we get first dibs on the same seats as a season ticket holder?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Congratulations indeed to our Panthers on an awesome season!

Do you know if we get first dibs on the same seats as a season ticket holder?
    Yeah I’m sure we do get first dibs..

Some highlights of last nights game

Thread Information