Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Mercedes Tigers vs Roma. Who wins...

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercedes Tigers

5 50.00%
  • Roma

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Default Mercedes Tigers vs Roma.

This Friday Nov 9. Away at Roma...
    Mercedes coming off a win vs Toros
    Sit 3 and 2 in district play..
    Roma a loss vs Pioneer
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 11-04-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Hall of Famer

Last game for Mercedes Tigers...
    Imo its going to be a battle
    Go Tigers by 7+

Super Moderator

Tigers making playoffs this year?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by E-E PoWeR HoUsE View Post
    Tigers making playoffs this year?
    I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything. I have one child and been so busy with him in sports that I have not been able to keep up with HS football. Not to mention, work as well.

Hall of Famer

If we can get the victory this week against Roma
    We will be in the playoffs as the 3rd seed
    Because of our win over valley view.
    If we don't win this week not sure we might be in a deadlock with Roma for 4th place...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 11-04-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Hall of Famer

Yes, Tigers just need to beat Roma and would be the 3rd place team and face the 2nd place team from 15-5A div.!!. Could be Port la Vaca Calhoun or Calallen. They face each other this Friday in Calallen. Calallen will probably win. Port la Vaca was crushed by SA Southside this past friday 50-14 while Calallen beat Alice 49-16. Tigers just need to worry about Roma for now. We shall see what happens!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    Yes, Tigers just need to beat Roma and would be the 3rd place team and face the 2nd place team from 15-5A div.!!. Could be Port la Vaca Calhoun or Calallen. They face each other this Friday in Calallen. Calallen will probably win. Port la Vaca was crushed by SA Southside this past friday 50-14 while Calallen beat Alice 49-16. Tigers just need to worry about Roma for now. We shall see what happens!
    Ouch cal beat alice pretty bad....

Hall of Famer

Let me come post here in Mercedes thread
    I notice a lot of people like to give smack about our Tigers
    But don't like to get any in return. ..

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    If we can get the victory this week against Roma
    We will be in the playoffs as the 3rd seed
    Because of our win over valley view.
    If we don't win this week not sure we might be in a deadlock with Roma for 4th place...
    Oh okay. Well good luck to the kids.

MVP

First off we need to win. The weather isn't going to do us any favors. SA Southside beat PLC last Friday. If Southside beats Floresville and PLC loses to Calallen then Southside & PLC are tied at 5-2. Southside would be 2nd seed and PLC 3rd because head to head. We win we're in and get Southside.

I feel this came comes down to the wire but Mercedes pulls it off by 7. Good luck to both teams.

Hall of Famer

Roma will play us tough at home where I hate to say they will have the refs on their side. But we need to avoid costly penalties and move the ball consistently on offense and put up some points. We need to spread the ball to several receivers and have Vela get some good runs. Bottom line our offense needs to click! Defense needs to stop or slow down the Roma offense. The 1st quarter will tell us what to expect the rest of the game. Of course, the weather could affect the outcome but both teams have to play under these circumstances. Go Tigers!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    Roma will play us tough at home where I hate to say they will have the refs on their side. But we need to avoid costly penalties and move the ball consistently on offense and put up some points. We need to spread the ball to several receivers and have Vela get some good runs. Bottom line our offense needs to click! Defense needs to stop or slow down the Roma offense. The 1st quarter will tell us what to expect the rest of the game. Of course, the weather could affect the outcome but both teams have to play under these circumstances. Go Tigers!
    So the excesses already starting increase of a loss.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Immortal

If Roma beats Mercedes there will be a 3 way tie between Roma, Mercedes and VV. It will be determined by positive points. Mercedes beat VV by 4. VV beat Roma by 32 if not mistaken. So Roma has to beat Mercedes by 28 points. So if this happens I'm not sure but Mercedes and Roma will have to coin flip because they both will be at 0 positive points. If Mercedes wins or losses be 27 points they will be in.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    If Roma beats Mercedes there will be a 3 way tie between Roma, Mercedes and VV. It will be determined by positive points. Mercedes beat VV by 4. VV beat Roma by 32 if not mistaken. So Roma has to beat Mercedes by 28 points. So if this happens I'm not sure but Mercedes and Roma will have to coin flip because they both will be at 0 positive points. If Mercedes wins or losses be 27 points they will be in.
    Most districts tend to have a positive points cap

some where around 12-15 so I would think Roma only needs to win by 16 or so maybe 18

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger View Post
    Most districts tend to have a positive points cap

some where around 12-15 so I would think Roma only needs to win by 16 or so maybe 18
    I believe it might be 25.

Hall of Famer

To avoid all this ....
    Mercedes justs needs to win on Friday. ..

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    To avoid all this ....
    Mercedes justs needs to win on Friday. ..
    Yes just win and you are in the playoffs in 3rd place. Roma will not roll over and play dead. Tigers need to start strong and finish strong. Key to winning: avoid costly penalties, move the ball and control the clock, need to spread the ball around to different receivers, offensive line needs to dominate the line of scrimmage, and defensive line needs to play tough and not allow any big plays. Hope to make it to the game so hopefully the weather cooperates. Cold weather is ok but no rain. Go Tigers! P.S. I believe Roma needs to win by 18 points or more. Just win and don't worry about points!

Platinum

3rd place gets Mercedes San Antonio Southside, Southside is coming off a 72-28 win over Alice and a 50-14 win over Port Lavaca Calhoun... 4th place gets Mercedes Calallen, I guess I don't have to remind Mercedes about what Calallen brings... STRIVE TO BE BETTER!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    3rd place gets Mercedes San Antonio Southside, Southside is coming off a 72-28 win over Alice and a 50-14 win over Port Lavaca Calhoun... 4th place gets Mercedes Calallen, I guess I don't have to remind Mercedes about what Calallen brings... STRIVE TO BE BETTER!
    So its pick your poison for Mercedes.

Thread Information