Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Who wins?!?!?!?!?!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weslaco East

    6 28.57%
  • Edinburg Vela

    15 71.43%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 178
  1. #81
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    East is a top 5 valley squad. They have an opportunity to knock off number 1. Ball control in how u beat vela. Can't beat yourself with turnovers against good teams.
    Maybe somewhere in the bottom top 10, not top 5. And to prove that point, check the latest polls.. I know your into that stuff and have seen it. East just started to play their 2 toughest district oppts and got exposed a little this past week, we’ll see how they fare vs the sabercats.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 11-05-2018 at 11:43 PM.

  2. #82
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUVRGVBB View Post
    I was thinking of a score of 28-14 Vela winning.....but after talking to some coaches and several players from Vela, you might call me crazy but I am gonna go out on a limb and predict a score of Vela 48 East 10 all I will say is that playoffs start next week and Vela is out on a mission and it starts this Friday. I saw the look in there eyes and it is the same one we had when I played back in the 80s and we went 3 rounds deep these boys are both physically and most importantly mentally ready. Just hope for an injury free game for both teams and all teams going into playoffs next week

    Wow so no one has had that look around here since the 80s, well no wonder we can never make it to state?
    😂

  3. #83
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Maybe somewhere in the bottom top 10, not top 5. And to prove that point, check the latest polls.. I know your into that stuff and have seen it. East just started to play their 2 toughest district oppts and got exposed a little this past week, we’ll see how they fare vs the sabercats.
    So if that's the case and east is a bottom top 10, why is Weslaco ranked so high if it hasn't beaten any good teams as you say. If vela beat the panthers and you consider east a low top ten team, even tho they added more to your gray hair, than who is Weslaco most impressive win? And do you believe that win could beat the wildcats?

  4. #84
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Maybe somewhere in the bottom top 10, not top 5. And to prove that point, check the latest polls.. I know your into that stuff and have seen it. East just started to play their 2 toughest district oppts and got exposed a little this past week, well see how they fare vs the sabercats.
    Like if your not momma panther., the reason east is right behind the panthers and the panthers didn't climb to top 3 is because it was a toss up match. I mentioned it before, if east and high were to play 3 times this year you would have different outcomes. In fact I think east moved up a spot in the polls even with the loss because while the panthers won it wasn't even close to a dominant performance over a what you call bottom top 10 squad.

    http://rgvsports.com/news/83121/miss...n-top-10-poll/
    Last edited by Truth; 11-06-2018 at 07:04 AM.

  5. #85

  6. #86
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    So if that's the case and east is a bottom top 10, why is Weslaco ranked so high if it hasn't beaten any good teams as you say. If vela beat the panthers and you consider east a low top ten team, even tho they added more to your gray hair, than who is Weslaco most impressive win? And do you believe that win could beat the wildcats?
    The Panthers have pretty much stayed in the top 5 all season even after the loss to the vela, we went down one spot because of that close game, east on the other hand wasn’t in the top 10 polls for a good portion of the season and you know that, just managed to climb back in the bottom portion during their 5 game win streak when they were playing the weaker district comp, and are still around that area, so like I said a bottom half top 10 team not top 5 cheerleader. Deal with the it.. and grey hairs lol please, worry about your makeup girlie.

  7. #87
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Like if your not momma panther., the reason east is right behind the panthers and the panthers didn't climb to top 3 is because it was a toss up match. I mentioned it before, if east and high were to play 3 times this year you would have different outcomes. In fact I think east moved up a spot in the polls even with the loss because while the panthers won it wasn't even close to a dominant performance over a what you call bottom top 10 squad.

    http://rgvsports.com/news/83121/miss...n-top-10-poll/
    lol please east wasn’t even in any of the polls for a good portion of the season, we all know it’s the reason you quit posting about it.. lol too funny. East has not been a top 5 team all season sorry.. why would you think they are now after another loss. Go cry about it if you want. Not saying their not good just not top 5.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 11-06-2018 at 12:38 PM.

  8. #88
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    lol I don’t want to make these east peeps cry anymore then I have already, so moving on, I honestly don’t really care who wins this game, I just know Vela will be highly favored.. Weather I hear will be nice and cool with good chances for rain.

  9. #89
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    lol I don’t want to make these east peeps cry anymore then I have already, so moving on, I honestly don’t really care who wins this game, I just know Vela will be highly favored.. Weather I hear will be nice and cool with good chances for rain.
    You mean TRUTH is going to put me in my spot as he usually does, and dwade will come in and say "nobody puts baby in the corner"? Haha

    So if east is not a top 5 team, how was it with 3 turnovers it took a last second field goal to get the victory over such a mediocre team?

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Well as stated we know PGW (panthergonewild) is unimpressed with Vela, just like he was unimpressed with Weslaco, but so far the unimpressive are 1-0 vs his wildcats. Let’s see if Vela makes it 2 for 2..
    Still not impressed. 1 offensive td. and you guys are seriously content with that ? Then that same team puts up good fight to the Sabercats (another single offensive touchdown effort,and winning for 3 quarters) who are supposed to roll over everybody. Whether East repeats performance of last week (offensively feeble game) or comes out and corrects their mistakes, The fact remains, I don't think much of either team. I do believe Vela is better than High though, but beatable.
    Last edited by panthergonewild; 11-06-2018 at 03:48 PM.

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    You mean TRUTH is going to put me in my spot as he usually does, and dwade will come in and say "nobody puts baby in the corner"? Haha

    So if east is not a top 5 team, how was it with 3 turnovers it took a last second field goal to get the victory over such a mediocre team?
    Good question, maybe they are unimpressive. lol

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    lol please east wasn’t even in any of the polls for a good portion of the season, we all know it’s the reason you quit posting about it.. lol too funny. East has not been a top 5 team all season sorry.. why would you think they are now after another loss. Go cry about it if you want. Not saying their not good just not top 5.
    those polls are worthless, why anybody would put any stock on them is beyond me.

  13. #93

    Default

    I thought this was a East Vs. Vela thread. Seems like a whole bunch of Hysterical, Egotistical Panther Fans, still crowing about a last minute win this past Friday.

  14. #94
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TX, USA
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panthergonewild View Post
    I thought this was a East Vs. Vela thread. Seems like a whole bunch of Hysterical, Egotistical Panther Fans, still crowing about a last minute win this past Friday.
    The crying don't stop! Don't be a bunch of sore losers, that's no fun. Take the L.


    A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

  15. #95
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panthergonewild View Post
    I thought this was a East Vs. Vela thread. Seems like a whole bunch of Hysterical, Egotistical Panther Fans, still crowing about a last minute win this past Friday.
    I guess this includes you as well.

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    You mean TRUTH is going to put me in my spot as he usually does, and dwade will come in and say "nobody puts baby in the corner"? Haha

    So if east is not a top 5 team, how was it with 3 turnovers it took a last second field goal to get the victory over such a mediocre team?
    Heck we even tried to help u all by giving u 125 yards worth of penalties and you still lost ! Wow ! So much for gratitude

  17. #97
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WESLACO
    Posts
    4,240

    Default

    We even tried to help them by throwing passes with our RB but even our RB is a better passer than the east qb haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #98
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    donna
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    Has any team given Vela a run for its money?

  19. #99
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    You mean TRUTH is going to put me in my spot as he usually does, and dwade will come in and say "nobody puts baby in the corner"? Haha

    So if east is not a top 5 team, how was it with 3 turnovers it took a last second field goal to get the victory over such a mediocre team?
    Pfffft LOL that has never happened not even once cheerleader, more like you go run and hide once I’m around the forums, you already know who owns you around here. And boo hoo the truth hurts your wildcats are not a top 5 team they are a decent team with 3 losses on the year and could be 4 after Friday. And please we only got 7 points out of those 3 turnovers, not our fault your QB is not good and was throwing right to our dbs, and your ball carrier can’t handle a good hit and couldn’t hold on the ball. Not our fault, your strength was your defense and they couldn’t make the stop when they needed too, Panthers went down the field and got points when they needed to and won. Deal with it and quit crying like a little girl.

  20. #100
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    We even tried to help them by throwing passes with our RB but even our RB is a better passer than the east qb haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol the truth ..

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •