21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weslaco East

6 28.57%
  • Edinburg Vela

15 71.43%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Well as stated we know PGW (panthergonewild) is unimpressed with Vela, just like he was unimpressed with Weslaco, but so far the unimpressive are 1-0 vs his wildcats. Letís see if Vela makes it 2 for 2..
    😂 Itíll be a tall task against Vela though, thatís for sure.

Where is PGW anyway, licking his wounds??

After seeing both teams play, vela will also have the advantage up front in the trenches really on both sides, and also for east having the number 1 defense in the valley and their fans hyping them up as much as they have, I was not all impressed with them, yes they have their moments but I felt we moved the ball really well on them fg or tds donít matter we were able to sustain drives and get in the redzone and got the points when we needed them to ultimately win that game, which I feel Vela is more than capable of doing as well. I donít think it will be a blowout, those east kids play with a lot of pride and their going to be focused and hungry to get back after it, after the tough loss to their inner city rivals, but Vela should be highly favored in this one.
    Wow for someone whoís team barely beat the unimpressive wildcats by 2 points in the end you talk alot of smack! Youíre defense couldnít stop the run, lots of 4 and 1ís became 1st downs, only one offensive TD! Anyways I wouldnít sleep on Harlingen Iím sure that they are not going to want to lay down to the team they probably hate the most besides the greyhounds! If the wildcats lose so be it atleast my satisfaction is the panthers donít get a DC this year or next!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eastcat View Post
    Wow for someone who’s team barely beat the unimpressive wildcats by 2 points in the end you talk alot of smack! You’re defense couldn’t stop the run, lots of 4 and 1’s became 1st downs, only one offensive TD! Anyways I wouldn’t sleep on Harlingen I’m sure that they are not going to want to lay down to the team they probably hate the most besides the greyhounds! If the wildcats lose so be it atleast my satisfaction is the panthers don’t get a DC this year or next!
    Looks like someone can’t handle the truth.. lol so is this your I “give up” post , sure seems like it, a whole diff type of post coming from you last week and the weeks prior, what no more confidence in your ALL WORLD defense anymore? All shucks... Ha! Yup and that’s all the points we needed, Cavazos still did his thing on that all world defense, I thought we were going to get shut out? lol. Maybe next year kid. Wait no not happening next year either, wouldn’t hold your breathe. And ha, I’d worry about your teams first rd oppt, before I do of a team who has a better chance of advancing. My satisfaction is you looking like this after tinaco bowl haha..
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 11-05-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Hall of Famer

Wow for someone whoís team barely beat the unimpressive wildcats by 2 points in the end you talk alot of smack! Youíre defense couldnít stop the run, lots of 4 and 1ís became 1st downs, only one offensive TD! Anyways I wouldnít sleep on Harlingen Iím sure that they are not going to want to lay down to the team they probably hate the most besides the greyhounds! If the wildcats lose so be it atleast my satisfaction is the panthers donít get a DC this year or next!

Youíre correct on one thing, Harlingen and Weslaco is always a battle, I donít think anyone here is claiming a Panthers victory just yet. All the rest is just nonsense, what matters is that the Panthers got the victory.

Hall of Famer

Ramsey was really the only one that stood out offensively for east, the only one who had any success vs the Panther D, at least the bigger plays. We saw up close and personal how one dimensional east really is, I’m sorry but their Qb can not throw a ball to save his life, he had two attempts and both were picked off by the Panthers, after that burget just stopped trying to pass all together and went solely to focusing on getting Ramsey the ball any way possible, whether it was lined up in the wildcat at Qb or Rb. Thing is Ramsey is on the field all night besides all he does on offense, he also plays some safety on D and is depended on special teams as well, kickoff and punt returns. Kids a baller though, but east will need much more to beat vela.
    Their offense only had success when Ramsey ran the ball yet WHS was the team with the one man offense.

We had guys like Knuab, Dena, Coronado and Granados step up and make big plays. Yes our offense runs thru #7, but we have other guys who can step up and hurt you.

East is gonna have to come up with some turnovers in this matchup against Vela to stand a chance. Maybe even a defensive score or 2 if possible. Ramsey will also have to make some plays on special teams to get their offense some good field position.
    Last edited by Panther Pride; 11-05-2018 at 08:24 AM.

ďA rivalry? The third time weíve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.Ē-Coach Burget

Super Moderator

Ramsey was really the only one that stood out offensively for east, the only one who had any success vs the Panther D, at least the bigger plays. We saw up close and personal how one dimensional east really is, Iím sorry but their Qb can not throw a ball to save his life, he had two attempts and both were picked off by the Panthers, after that burget just stopped trying to pass all together and went solely to focusing on getting Ramsey the ball any way possible, whether it was lined up in the wildcat at Qb or Rb. Thing is Ramsey is on the field all night besides all he does on offense, he also plays some safety on D and is depended on special teams as well, kickoff and punt returns. Kids a baller though, but east will need much more to beat vela.

he can throw the rock...but he needs time. vs E. North they opened it up all game long. The problem is that Vela has a better D-line up front...Weslacos line was good but they don't have that one player up front that is going to disrupt the play from the start like Vela does. It plays right into Burgetts offense they did this all the time in Donna. threw a couple of bad passes and they freaked...he doesn't have the horses to run the offense he likes to run. The team over all is small..

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Huge game coming up to determine the 31-6A champion or tri-champions if East can pull out a victory, big test to say the least for East.

Can east rebound after a last second defeat at the hands of their intra city rivals, Weslaco high? East will have to bring their A game to compete with the big bad Sabercats.

Iím rooting for an East victory for these two to share the district championship with Weslaco.

What are your thoughts?
    Dang you beat me to it 85!

Heisman Winner

Vela top team in valley for sure, but going with East to upset them. East offense, run run chew up chunks of time keep score close and force 1 or 2 turn overs, is type of offense that will win tough games.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    East backs to small...d-line to small...
    That's the case every year for us. We hardly get beat in the trenches.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Might not be the exact same running threat as Jacob but he can sure make plays outside of the pocket. Velaís front 7 is better than the panthers tho & will shut down the one dimensional offense that burget has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully he continues to stare down his wrs like Ive seen him do on tape. Tough game upcoming.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by East956 View Post
    Hopefully he continues to stare down his wrs like Ive seen him do on tape. Tough game upcoming.
    He's looking #5 every play. That kid is a playmaker.

ďA rivalry? The third time weíve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.Ē-Coach Burget

Laying down for the count.

Heisman Winner

I know your being bias & a homer thinking east has a chance but the got no chance at all hate to bust your bubble. And they will have no chance against Hanna either in rd 1 unless burget figures something out on offense.

Dang no chance at all? That's the old dwade. I was liking the new one better

I actually think we got a great chance to beat both teams. Hanna hasn't had a team that's gonna run 100 times in a row. They're dam good this year but its possible.

We'll see how it goes with Vela, but we've ran our 1 dimensional offense successfully on everyone this year.
    Last edited by East956; 11-05-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Heisman Winner

After seeing both teams play, vela will also have the advantage up front in the trenches really on both sides, and also for east having the number 1 defense in the valley and their fans hyping them up as much as they have, I was not all impressed with them, yes they have their moments but I felt we moved the ball really well on them fg or tds don’t matter we were able to sustain drives and get in the redzone and got the points when we needed them to ultimately win that game, which I feel Vela is more than capable of doing as well. I don’t think it will be a blowout, those east kids play with a lot of pride and their going to be focused and hungry to get back after it, after the tough loss to their inner city rivals, but Vela should be highly favored in this one.
    Your team scored 1 touchdown, had to be a trick play, couldn't punch it in all game long and your not impressed by em? lol
    gtfoh old man.
    Ofcourse Vela should be favored.
    Last edited by East956; 11-05-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Heisman Winner

Why are panther people still taking shots about the Tinaco Bowl in a East vs Vela thread?

I thought that thread was over. lol

I'm down, but lets at least keep it in the tinaco thread
    Last edited by East956; 11-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Hall of Famer

Your team scored 1 touchdown, had to be a trick play, couldn't punch it in all game long and your not impressed by em? lol
    gtfoh old man.
    Ofcourse Vela should be favored.
    Woulda been a lot more if we werenít killing ourselves with false starts the whole game.

Hall of Famer

Why are panther people still taking shots about the Tinaco Bowl in a East vs Vela thread?

I thought that thread was over. lol

I'm down, but lets at least keep it in the tinaco thread
    Gonna have to take it for a year in every thread. Just the way it goes. Till next year.

Heisman Winner

Woulda been a lot more if we weren’t killing ourselves with false starts the whole game.

Doubt it. Your O had its chance. Woulda, coulda, shoulda but didn't. That's what you told me friday night and now your using it. Cmon bro

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    Gonna have to take it for a year in every thread. Just the way it goes. Till next year.
    I know. I just said I'm down

Idk if people wanna see their thread bombarded with panther peeps still trigger happy for finally beating little brother.
    Last edited by East956; 11-05-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Hall of Famer

I know. I just said I'm down
    Like my new sig? I got it just for you.

Thread Information