21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weslaco East

6 28.57%
  • Edinburg Vela

15 71.43%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Default Weslaco East at Edinburg Vela

Huge game coming up to determine the 31-6A champion or tri-champions if East can pull out a victory, big test to say the least for East.

Can east rebound after a last second defeat at the hands of their intra city rivals, Weslaco high? East will have to bring their A game to compete with the big bad Sabercats.

Iím rooting for an East victory for these two to share the district championship with Weslaco.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are: Hanna is better than Vela which means Hanna is better than Weslaco because Vela beat them (Weslaco) and Hanna is better. Hanna is better than East because Hanna is better than Vela which beat Weslaco who just beat East.

Also, dismiss the fact that Vela beat Hanna (it was 100% due to the refs...oh, transfers too).

Super Moderator

Poll added.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    My thoughts are: Hanna is better than Vela which means Hanna is better than Weslaco because Vela beat them (Weslaco) and Hanna is better. Hanna is better than East because Hanna is better than Vela which beat Weslaco who just beat East.

Also, dismiss the fact that Vela beat Hanna (it was 100% due to the refs...oh, transfers too).

Sounds about right!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Hey you stole my argument now I have nothing to add to this thread. Bummer

Glad I could help. Vela should handle East.

Heisman Winner

Lol 31-6A is the better district this year buddy, you will see come the first round of the playoffs
    Last edited by LupitoLPNL; 11-04-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Lol 31-6A is the better district this year buddy, you will see come the first round of the playoffs
    Lol, you took that seriously from ME. Ask the B-Town folks what they think...DO IT! LOL!

If it's better, it's not by much. I see a split and maybe, maybe 31 going 3-1. Hanna and San Benito should win their games vs. East and Edinburg. Vela and Weslaco should beat the Harlingen schools.

Immortal

I think east has a really good shot of beating vela. If they can stick to what works for them...3 yards here, four yards there....and try not to get away from that they will be hard to stop. Vela was held in check by the panther defense for a half till vela made there adjustments. This game will be at vela. This close loss to a good panther squad will either be a wake up call or the wheels coming of the bus. I think the wildcats bounce back strong and get the w.

Hall of Famer

East will be going into the playoffs with a 2 game losing streak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    East will be going into the playoffs with a 2 game losing streak

You might be right, we'll find out this friday. Not sure if Velas qb is as mobile aND elusive as cavasos from weslaco.
    Last edited by Truth; 11-04-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Hall of Famer

Might not be the exact same running threat as Jacob but he can sure make plays outside of the pocket. Velaís front 7 is better than the panthers tho & will shut down the one dimensional offense that burget has.

Hall of Famer

Might not be the exact same running threat as Jacob but he can sure make plays outside of the pocket. Vela’s front 7 is better than the panthers tho & will shut down the one dimensional offense that burget has.

I agree. With Kobe Gipson now in the lineup for Vela, their front 4 are scary good.

ďA rivalry? The third time weíve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.Ē-Coach Burget

Super Moderator

East backs to small...d-line to small...

Immortal

Might not be the exact same running threat as Jacob but he can sure make plays outside of the pocket. Vela’s front 7 is better than the panthers tho & will shut down the one dimensional offense that burget has.

Panthers have a real good defense as well and it was no secret that east was going to run the ball yet they still managed to put drives together and move the ball. East held a good panthers team to 1 offensive td and 3 field goals. Ball control is the way to beat the sabercats and I think the wildcats are capable of doing it if they don't beat themselves. Wildcats have a chance to do what no other team has been able to do this season and that's beat the sabercats....I'm sure the east coaching staff will play up the "no one's giving us a chance" card. But of course the sabercats shold be favored, but I wouldn't call it an upset if the wildcats win.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Panthers have a real good defense as well and it was no secret that east was going to run the ball yet they still managed to put drives together and move the ball. East held a good panthers team to 1 offensive td and 3 field goals. Ball control is the way to beat the sabercats and I think the wildcats are capable of doing it if they don't beat themselves. Wildcats have a chance to do what no other team has been able to do this season and that's beat the sabercats....I'm sure the east coaching staff will play up the "no one's giving us a chance" card. But of course the sabercats shold be favored, but I wouldn't call it an upset if the wildcats win.
    I know your being bias & a homer thinking east has a chance but the got no chance at all hate to bust your bubble. And they will have no chance against Hanna either in rd 1 unless burget figures something out on offense.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    East backs to small...d-line to small...
    Agree about the backs as well as the quarterback for East, they weren’t too impressive. East moved the ball when Ramsey (usually plays cornerback)went in to play quarterback and/or running back. He’ll have to play there next Friday otherwise they won’t stand a chance.
    Last edited by panther85; 11-04-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Agree about the backs as well as the quarterback for East, they weren’t too impressive. East moved the ball when Ramsey (usually plays cornerback)went in to play quarterback and/or running back. He’ll have to play there next Friday otherwise they won’t stand a chance.
    Ramsey was really the only one that stood out offensively for east, the only one who had any success vs the Panther D, at least the bigger plays. We saw up close and personal how one dimensional east really is, I’m sorry but their Qb can not throw a ball to save his life, he had two attempts and both were picked off by the Panthers, after that burget just stopped trying to pass all together and went solely to focusing on getting Ramsey the ball any way possible, whether it was lined up in the wildcat at Qb or Rb. Thing is Ramsey is on the field all night besides all he does on offense, he also plays some safety on D and is depended on special teams as well, kickoff and punt returns. Kids a baller though, but east will need much more to beat vela.

Immortal

After seeing both teams play, vela will also have the advantage up front in the trenches really on both sides, and also for east having the number 1 defense in the valley and their fans hyping them up as much as they have, I was not all impressed with them, yes they have their moments but I felt we moved the ball really well on them fg or tds don’t matter we were able to sustain drives and get in the redzone and got the points when we needed them to ultimately win that game, which I feel Vela is more than capable of doing as well. I don’t think it will be a blowout, those east kids play with a lot of pride and their going to be focused and hungry to get back after it, after the tough loss to their inner city rivals, but Vela should be highly favored in this one.

Immortal

Well as stated we know PGW (panthergonewild) is unimpressed with Vela, just like he was unimpressed with Weslaco, but so far the unimpressive are 1-0 vs his wildcats. Letís see if Vela makes it 2 for 2..

Thread Information