Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    So answer the question then smart**s. Which team from the Valley can this winningest coach from calallen take to the state championship in Texas?
    A 5A, 4A or 3A... That's who and it wouldn't happen over night, Danaher has been at Calallen 30yrs... 6A will never make it, we dont have the numbers and we owe that to school board corruption.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Know ur not referring to me but I think the mcmemorial team with Speights and Sanchez oh and Johnson.
    Panther85 is a clueless idiot... he thinks that an All-Star team is what it takes to compete, he has no idea of what a real program is... Satisfied with just making the playoffs and getting embarrassed

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Panther85 is a clueless idiot... he thinks that an All-Star team is what it takes to compete, he has no idea of what a real program is... Satisfied with just making the playoffs and getting embarrassed
    Damn you’re dumber than an ox! Move along.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Damn you’re dumber than an ox! Move along.
    No, you are the fool who thinks you know what you are talking about... Look at how nobody agrees with you!

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Know ur not referring to me but I think the mcmemorial team with Speights and Sanchez oh and Johnson. There Jr year of course.
    Sharys 2013 and 2014 seasons. Shary got out coached in the second half of both 3rd rd games. Ik for a fact , and becaus I was at the game, Shary could have won the second game against Madison w better coaching from the beginning in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Sharys 2013 and 2014 seasons. Shary got out coached in the second half of both 3rd rd games. Ik for a fact , and becaus I was at the game, Shary could have won the second game against Madison w better coaching from the beginning in that game.
    Maybe those games could of been closer, but Madison had to much speed and size for Rattlers to hang for 4 quarters.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    Maybe those games could of been closer, but Madison had to much speed and size for Rattlers to hang for 4 quarters.
    Nah, those 2 TOs cost us 14pts... We lost by 24, we needed to play mistake free but we could have beaten them IMO.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

If CC Miller gets in

Miller @ Bro Vets Thurs.
    Miller @ Mission Vets Sat.
    Miller @ Bro Pace Fri.

Legend

My Social Networking

Looks like PSJA will get LBJ 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    I’ll agree w you on that but on the CP game , that RB Hutchins or something like that was a tremendous runner for HS. He had the size of a small D1 RB. But I promise you, like trouble said , a mistake free game against Madison would’ve kept it even , but a greater coach would’ve put Shary on top that game. The turn of that game happened when Madden threw a pick six , and IMHO that INT happened due to calling the same play like the 6th time by then.
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 11-09-2018 at 08:01 AM.

I got the following playoff bracket predictions for region 4 6A:

D1
    Lake Travis vs. Smithson Valley
    S.A. Madison vs S.A. Warren
    Laredo United vs. Mission
    Weslaco vs. Harlingen
    Hays vs. Judson
    S.A. Reagan vs. S.A. O'Connor
    Laredo LBJ vs. PSJA North
    Edinburg vs. San Benito

D2
    Westlake vs. Clemens
    S.A. Johnson vs. S.A. Brandeis
    Laredo Alexander vs. McAllen Memorial
    Vela vs. Harlingen South
    Austin Bowie vs. Steele
    S.A. Churchill vs. S.A. Brennan
    Eagle Pass vs. PSJA
    Weslaco East vs. Hanna

Of all RGV teams, I give Hanna the best shot at advancing to the 4th rd. If they were playing anyone of the other 14 teams in their bracket other than Westlake, I'd give them a shot at winning the region and advancing to the semis. Westlake is simply playing great this year and will be a tough out for anyone.

No way! Not going to happen! Hanna is good I will give them that, but not that good. They might make it to the 3rd round but not the 4th. They are good but inconsistent and have enough flaws to prevent a 4th round position.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB TEXAS Football View Post
    I got the following playoff bracket predictions for region 4 6A:

D1
    Lake Travis vs. Smithson Valley
    S.A. Madison vs S.A. Warren
    Laredo United vs. Mission
    Weslaco vs. Harlingen
    Hays vs. Judson
    S.A. Reagan vs. S.A. O'Connor
    Laredo LBJ vs. PSJA North
    Edinburg vs. San Benito

D2
    Westlake vs. Clemens
    S.A. Johnson vs. S.A. Brandeis
    Laredo Alexander vs. McAllen Memorial
    Vela vs. Harlingen South
    Austin Bowie vs. Steele
    S.A. Churchill vs. S.A. Brennan
    Eagle Pass vs. PSJA
    Weslaco East vs. Hanna

Of all RGV teams, I give Hanna the best shot at advancing to the 4th rd. If they were playing anyone of the other 14 teams in their bracket other than Westlake, I'd give them a shot at winning the region and advancing to the semis. Westlake is simply playing great this year and will be a tough out for anyone.

Lol, no one in 6A is going to the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Lol, no one in 6A is going to the fourth.
    Or 5A lol. Unless Wagner and Cal lose pre hand and same thing with LT and AW in 6A

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Or 5A lol. Unless Wagner and Cal lose pre hand and same thing with LT and AW in 6A
    Agreed!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    No way! Not going to happen! Hanna is good I will give them that, but not that good. They might make it to the 3rd round but not the 4th. They are good but inconsistent and have enough flaws to prevent a 4th round position.
    I as a Hanna fan also agree with I dont think they are a 4th round team. Some valley experts even have them losing in bi district. I do want to ask your assesment in what you say are the inconsistencies. I have seen them play all year and can tell you they do have a flaw but i havent seen inconsistencies but i want to be educated by an objective fan. Please

Legend

My Social Networking

29-6a bottom 2 a lil complicated also.

https://www.lmtonline.com/sports/art...e-13376957.php

I am not going to get all detailed but the Harlingen game and San Benito game was inconsistent. There are players that have been on and off. The teams that have made it to the 4th round dominated 60+ to 0, 7, or 10. hanna is good but not like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    I as a Hanna fan also agree with I dont think they are a 4th round team. Some valley experts even have them losing in bi district. I do want to ask your assesment in what you say are the inconsistencies. I have seen them play all year and can tell you they do have a flaw but i havent seen inconsistencies but i want to be educated by an objective fan. Please

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    I am not going to get all detailed but the Harlingen game and San Benito game was inconsistent. There are players that have been on and off. The teams that have made it to the 4th round dominated 60+ to 0, 7, or 10. hanna is good but not like that.
    Hmm as we all know last 4th round team was Harlingen. While they did win by a large margin they did allow 26 points to Economedes that year. Economedes went 0 and 10 that year. I don't think they were good to put 26 on Harlingen and there was no doubt on Harlingen that year. Case being the games you brought up doesn't constitute inconsistency. By definition inconsistent defines as acting at a variance with one's principle or former conduct. With that said you mention that Hanna will not win due to Harlingen scoring 21 point in the first quarter due to the play of *gulp* good coaching from Harlingen during that quarter. Good teams find a way to win. If we also use your argument we can also say Vela will not win this year as they were also inconsistent. They let teams hang and even in some case tied at halftime. I still agree with your take on Hanna not being 4th round good but never underestimate a good team if it has favorable matchups. Still believe Hanna will have a hard game in round one regardless of opponent.

Hall of Famer

29-6A Final Standings
    1. United
    2. Alexander
    3. Eagle Pass
    4. Laredo United South

Interesting note United South gets the 4th spot on point differential vs Del Rio and LBJ. They get into the playoffs with a 2-4 district record (3-7 overall) and will face PSJA North. Seems to be a big drop off after Eagle Pass.

Thread Information