Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I don't disagree with you, I know Calallen doesn't rely on transfers at all, but they do get them... I'm not saying there is some massive influx of kids, but I know the Price family lives in Robstown and they've been sending their kids to Calallen for over 20yrs now starting with Victor way back in the day... My point is that Calallen is super disciplined and extremely well coached and DOES NOT have some kind of out of this world talent that some people think they do... Calallen is the model that ALL south texas coaches should follow if they want to succeed.
    They send those kids over there because of the tradition. Sucks how the UIL lets students and parents influence on where kids go. Not saying that’s why calallen is good but it happens everywhere with these transfers and it’s a shame. There kids!

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    They send those kids over there because of the tradition. Sucks how the UIL lets students and parents influence on where kids go. Not saying that’s why calallen is good but it happens everywhere with these transfers and it’s a shame. There kids!
    I know, I'm not even bashing them for it either, there are kids who to schools because that is where their father played and etc... I don't mind any of that, my point is that Calallen is no more talented than any one else in the Region, YES they're good, YES they have good talent, but are you going to tell me that there is NO running back in the RGV better than AJ Brown from Calallen? I bet there is, Campbell Speights is easily the better football player to AJ Brown, but in the grand scheme of things... AJ Brown is a PROVEN workhorse and a winner who has played in a state championship game and Campbell has never won a playoff game... The same goes for any other player when compared to the Calallen roster... You can't tell me that Memorial isn't more talented than Calallen, you can't convince me that Edinburg Vela or Hanna isn't more talented than Calallen... But I'd be willing to bet Calallen would beat all of those teams soundly...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 11-07-2018 at 12:41 AM.

I know, I'm not even bashing them for it either, there are kids who to schools because that is where their father played and etc... I don't mind any of that, my point is that Calallen is no more talented than any one else in the Region, YES they're good, YES they have good talent, but are you going to tell me that there is NO running back in the RGV better than AJ Brown from Calallen? I bet there is, Campbell Speights is easily the better football player to AJ Brown, but in the grand scheme of things... AJ Brown is a PROVEN workhorse and a winner who has played in a state championship game and Campbell has never won a playoff game... The same goes for any other player when compared to the Calallen roster... You can't tell me that Memorial isn't more talented than Calallen, you can't convince me that Edinburg Vela or Hanna isn't more talented than Calallen... But I'd be willing to bet Calallen would beat all of those teams soundly...
    You’re right, it’s all about scheme.

So only whites and or blacks can play??? Are they any bigger or faster than us? I'm willing to bet Harlingen as a whole is faster than Calallen is... I'd be wiling to bet Calallen would beat Harlingen by 40pts... I'm not bagging on Harlingen, I'm just pointing out the fact that Calallen isn't some star-studded program with big name players, they're a blue collar program who knows how to win...
    I just stated that the demographics are different and they are. Look at the demographics of the teams that go to state.

I agree with most of what you are posting though.

Hall of Famer

No, you are ignorant if you think its about their talent... Yes, they have transfers but no more than a school like Vela or Mission gets... Look it up
    You’re stupid or act stupid (not sure which is worse) to think the demographic is the same as ANY team in the valley, thus the talent is also different. You act like a know it all but this point proves it otherwise.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    You’re stupid or act stupid (not sure which is worse) to think the demographic is the same as ANY team in the valley, thus the talent is also different. You act like a know it all but this point proves it otherwise.
    So Calallen has more talent than Vela? You obviously don't know Calallen...

Mission @ United 7:30 11/16 has been added on maxpreps.

All Star

Weslaco East @ Hanna 11/16 7:30 also added to Max Preps

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Weslaco East @ Hanna 11/16 7:30 also added to Max Preps
    Doest that depend on the outcome of the vela east game? It's cool east needs to make up for that game might as well be the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

So Calallen has more talent than Vela? You obviously don't know Calallen...
    Yes they have more talent than Vela, wasn’t it two years ago that they went to the state semi finals?

You seem to think it was mostly the coach that took them there, I seem to think it was mostly their talent that year that took them there.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Doest that depend on the outcome of the vela east game? It's cool east needs to make up for that game might as well be the playoffs.
    Yes still Vela and East outcome will determine opponent. If Vela wins it is East at Hanna as Hanna is the DC. If East wins it will be Vela at Hanna I believe due to Hanna being DC and Vela would share with Weslaco and East if im not mistaken. Game would be at Hanna due to last year playoff game was at Vela. Now that would be a clash at the first round. Anyone correct me if im miataken.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    We will
    Will still play you in basketball,
    Baseball
    I will be supporting my son in Brownsville.
    Not fair to compare the Brownsville high schools to a small 5A in Mercedes. Your 5A's are way bigger in student population and Veterans recruited some of the best players in Brownsville. Without Gustavo Vasquez Veterans would not have beaten Mercedes. Of course when Lopez beat us 2 years ago it was an upset played in Brownsville. We can all be football analysts so let it be. Just my two cents! Go Tigers!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    Not fair to compare the Brownsville high schools to a small 5A in Mercedes. Your 5A's are way bigger in student population and Veterans recruited some of the best players in Brownsville. Without Gustavo Vasquez Veterans would not have beaten Mercedes. Of course when Lopez beat us 2 years ago it was an upset played in Brownsville. We can all be football analysts so let it be. Just my two cents! Go Tigers!
    Your 2 cents are respected and noted but..... You cant pick what is convinient to your team. The games were sanctioned by UIL... Mercedes agreed to play and games count regardless. So can I say it is not fair to compare Harlingen to Porter as Harlingen has. 27 and 0 vs Porter. Not fair not just... balogny both teams were in district play the game. It is what it is. That Lopez team you mentioned had less players on the roster that game and were less talented that the Mercedes super sophomores and Mercedes was the favorite but the game was played. Lopez didnt go well we have less players on the team they have all the ledesmas on the world not fair. No you play the game.....well that is my 2 cents

Platinum

Yes they have more talent than Vela, wasn’t it two years ago that they went to the state semi finals?

You seem to think it was mostly the coach that took them there, I seem to think it was mostly their talent that year that took them there.
    This proves just how ignorant you are! That Calallen team didnt have not even one D1 signing and they played in the State Championship not the Semis! Their best player, QB Guage Lamb signed to play baseball and it wasn't a D1 school either! This year their best player has committed to D2 UT Permian Basin, that is their best player! Vela already has a D1 commitment and will likely have some more commitments coming soon.

Calallen is also hampered by low numbers, they only have about 1,300 kids in the entire school... Calallen gets by on their superior coaching and yes, they have a lot of pretty good players but they don't have kids like Sean Skaugan and Campbell Speights on their team, if they did they would win the State Championship! Instead they have a bunch of pretty good players who know how to win and are very well coached. Calallen is expected to win Region IV and play for the state championship this season again. So before you call someone stupid, you should study up a little so you dont make yourself sound as foolish as you do...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 11-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Heisman Winner

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

This proves just how ignorant you are! That Calallen team didnt have not even one D1 signing and they played in the State Championship not the Semis! Their best player, QB Guage Lamb signed to play baseball and it wasn't a D1 school either! This year their best player has committed to D2 UT Permian Basin, that is their best player! Vela already has a D1 commitment and will likely have some more commitments coming soon.

Calallen is also hampered by low numbers, they only have about 1,300 kids in the entire school... Calallen gets by on their superior coaching and yes, they have a lot of pretty good players but they don't have kids like Sean Skaugan and Campbell Speights on their team, if they did they would win the State Championship! Instead they have a bunch of pretty good players who know how to win and are very well coached. Calallen is expected to win Region IV and play for the state championship this season again. So before you call someone stupid, you should study up a little so you dont make yourself sound as foolish as you do...

This is true

If I'm correct I think it's a widely shared opinion that McAllen Memorial severely underperforms for the amount of talent they have.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

Hype video I made for our G-P game tomorrow night. Is Virgon still making those silly little pictures?
    Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 11-08-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Hall of Famer

So answer the question then smart**s. Which team from the Valley can this winningest coach from calallen take to the state championship in Texas?

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

So answer the question then smart**s. Which team from the Valley can this winningest coach from calallen take to the state championship in Texas?
    Know ur not referring to me but I think the mcmemorial team with Speights and Sanchez oh and Johnson. There Jr year of course.
    Last edited by lmoya; 11-08-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Thread Information