Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    I feel as if Mission could win their 2nd round matchup, the problem is United in the first round...
    I would be SHOCKED if Mission beat United... United has gotten really good as the season has progressed...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I would be SHOCKED if Mission beat United... United has gotten really good as the season has progressed...
    I'm hoping for the upset of the year with McHi beating PSJA north so we can get the first seed.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Yes 1950 you are 100%
    Correct we need to beat Roma this week...
    Go Tigers..
    Got to support our team win or lose...
    I am going to try to make the trip to Roma on Friday although I know that it is supposed to get cold! Go Tigers!

United has improved a lot but their not unbeatable

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    I'm hoping for the upset of the year with McHi beating PSJA north so we can get the first seed.
    How wld y’all get the D1 #1 seed with that?

Think y’all shld be rooting for Rowe to beat McMemorial by a big margin to help with your seeding. Even then it’s complicated to move to a 1 seed.
    Last edited by lmoya; 11-06-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Hall of Famer

Yup... I always use Calallen as an example for everything related to the RGV... Anyone who thinks Calallen is any bigger, stronger or faster than any good RGV football team doesn't know HS football... Calallen isnt anything special, not talent wise but they're projected to win Region 4 5A DII this year and play Aledo in the State Title game... That is all coaching.
    Calallen has talent and they know how to develop it from peewee leagues through Jr High and High School. Of course as mentioned they have great coaching and valley teams sometimes get out coached by Cal. I believe that Coach Danaher is now the winningest coach in Texas. Great coach who graduated at Harlingen High and found his niche at Calallen. If Calallen was a city, Danaher would easily win for mayor. My two cents!

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    How wld y’all get the D1 #1 seed with that?

Think y’all shld be rooting for Rowe to beat McMemorial by a big margin to help with your seeding. Even then it’s complicated to move to a 1 seed.
    Mission and PSJA North are the D1 teams, they're both 4-2 in district if McHi beats PSJA North that will make them 4-3, If Mission beats La Joya they would be 5-2 giving them the #1 seed.
    Last edited by christofire; 11-06-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    Calallen has talent and they know how to develop it from peewee leagues through Jr High and High School. Of course as mentioned they have great coaching and valley teams sometimes get out coached by Cal. I believe that Coach Danaher is now the winningest coach in Texas. Great coach who graduated at Harlingen High and found his niche at Calallen. If Calallen was a city, Danaher would easily win for mayor. My two cents!
    You said it all, that area has the talent to begin with and goes a long way in the success of said coach. Do you believe hed be the winningest coach if he had coached ANYWHERE in the Valley?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    You said it all, that area has the talent to begin with and goes a long way in the success of said coach. Do you believe he’d be the winningest coach if he had coached ANYWHERE in the Valley?
    If you think that he has more talent than some of the top teams in the valley you don't know football...

Hall of Famer

If you think that he has more talent than some of the top teams in the valley you don't know football...
    Youre naive if you dont think they have better talent than anyone down here. Geographically speaking they have a different athlete than we do down here.

So I guess you do think hed still be the winningest coach if having coached in the RGV. Lol...

The demographics are different...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    The demographics are different...
    Go check the roster... Tell me about their demographic

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    You’re naive if you don’t think they have better talent than anyone down here. Geographically speaking they have a different athlete than we do down here.

So I guess you do think he’d still be the winningest coach if having coached in the RGV. Lol...
    No, you are ignorant if you think its about their talent... Yes, they have transfers but no more than a school like Vela or Mission gets... Look it up

No, you are ignorant if you think its about their talent... Yes, they have transfers but no more than a school like Vela or Mission gets... Look it up
    Mission... Transfers..?? preposterous... JK I know we're turning into Vela.

Junior Varsity

Whoa I hate to disappoint you but Calallen hardly relies on transfers most of those kids grow up thru their system from styfl to middle school to high school. They pride themselves on developing the kids to the best the can be, they had a running back transfer this year from Carroll where he started last year as a freshman great athlete but I think he is #3 or #4 on depth chart. These kids know that when you play football there, the bar is set high so the coaches do a great job at getting these kids ready to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go check the roster... Tell me about their demographic
    I did. A LOT of non-Hispanic last names aka more whites (anglos) and or blacks.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 11-06-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Counted twenty plus.

Counted twenty plus.
    Those boys upstate are a different breed, let’s stop fooling ourselves and worry about what we CAN do here to make a difference.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by sofaking_good View Post
    Whoa I hate to disappoint you but Calallen hardly relies on transfers most of those kids grow up thru their system from styfl to middle school to high school. They pride themselves on developing the kids to the best the can be, they had a running back transfer this year from Carroll where he started last year as a freshman great athlete but I think he is #3 or #4 on depth chart. These kids know that when you play football there, the bar is set high so the coaches do a great job at getting these kids ready to compete.
    I don't disagree with you, I know Calallen doesn't rely on transfers at all, but they do get them... I'm not saying there is some massive influx of kids, but I know the Price family lives in Robstown and they've been sending their kids to Calallen for over 20yrs now starting with Victor way back in the day... My point is that Calallen is super disciplined and extremely well coached and DOES NOT have some kind of out of this world talent that some people think they do... Calallen is the model that ALL south texas coaches should follow if they want to succeed.

Platinum

I did. A LOT of non-Hispanic last names aka more whites (anglos) and or blacks.
    So only whites and or blacks can play??? Are they any bigger or faster than us? I'm willing to bet Harlingen as a whole is faster than Calallen is... I'd be wiling to bet Calallen would beat Harlingen by 40pts... I'm not bagging on Harlingen, I'm just pointing out the fact that Calallen isn't some star-studded program with big name players, they're a blue collar program who knows how to win...

Thread Information