Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 181
  1. #61
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    So Rio Hondo won a state ship also and they have won State in HS?

    Your talking about 1 kid who is doing well, there are usually 30 on a team.
    No they are having a stong hs season probably will make state playoffs
    But let's be realistic no one will.be state champs from rgv or corpus area anytime soon just letting you know that in there case pee wee camps did translate to wins in Varsity.
    It's called being football ready.
    When kids start playing flag
    7 on 7
    Youth
    Middle school
    Is for what to get ready to run a certain system there varsity is using
    Called being football ready...

  2. #62
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    How about weight lifting and soccer can you meet us there too. Out state championship caliber teams will shake in those sports as well. And just an FYI when I was in sports in the same Mercedes district we would look forward to the Mercedes games in basketball and baseball as those were wins for us. In my years in the senior team we went 7 and 1 vs Mercedes in basketball and were about .500 in baseball. We feared Los Fresnos and looked forward to Mercedes. True Story.
    Nope Brownsville king of soccer
    Vv
    And
    Progresso imo...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 11-04-2018 at 09:09 PM.

  3. #63
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Do you have Coach Marroquin at Brownsville Hanna?

  4. #64
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,584

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Some people forget how hard it is to make it
    We went undefeated and no one scored a single point on our defense all season till championship game
    We beat Killeen trojans in game
    So you fans can't tell me this experience wont help these kids produce in 9th
    Jv
    And varsity level...
    If it were easy Mercedes would be champs every year..
    Just give credit to valley teams that are champs over
    San Antonio teams.
    Seguin steelers
    Killen Trojans.
    Do you think its harder to win a Youth (10-11) State Ship or HS (14-19)?

  5. #65
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,302

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Do you have Coach Marroquin at Brownsville Hanna?
    No we dont long story short he was assigned to Lopez as an interim but then left in one week since he wanted the position but wasnt given to him due to politics. Left to be offensive coordinator at San Benito to replace Gilbert Leal as he took the AD position at Brownsville. I will say he has done a wonderful job. Football wise also think he did well at Mercedes.

  6. #66
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,584

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    No they are having a stong hs season probably will make state playoffs
    But let's be realistic no one will.be state champs from rgv or corpus area anytime soon just letting you know that in there case pee wee camps did translate to wins in Varsity.
    It's called being football ready.
    When kids start playing flag
    7 on 7
    Youth
    Middle school
    Is for what to get ready to run a certain system there varsity is using
    Called being football ready...
    Im not too familiar with football ready but I am familiar with football development and football IQ.

  7. #67
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Do you think it’s harder to win a Youth (10-11) State Ship or HS (14-19)?
    Either one will be hard to win.
    Hs is the harder of the two...
    But what can help prepare our kids like kids up state?

  8. #68
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Any even then we are usually rgv
    Are to short
    To slow
    Etc...
    Are the sterotypes all valley kids face...

  9. #69
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    No we dont long story short he was assigned to Lopez as an interim but then left in one week since he wanted the position but wasnt given to him due to politics. Left to be offensive coordinator at San Benito to replace Gilbert Leal as he took the AD position at Brownsville. I will say he has done a wonderful job. Football wise also think he did well at Mercedes.
    Yes he was my classmate
    And teamate I was happy for him at Brownsville. ..

  10. #70
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    I’m not too familiar with football ready but I am familiar with football development and football IQ.
    There you go same thing...

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    To the superior Tigers fan just want to bring awareness how dominant the mighty mighty tigers have been historically versus the lowly Brownsville schools. This records are all time records which include vs Hanna Lopez Pace Porter Rivera St Joseph and Veterans. Mercedes vs Brownsville schools have met 71 times on the field. The St. Joe games were 2 and they were Mercedes B Team and im including them since Mercedes won and Im including them with the senior team to beef up the wins and to really show this dominance. With that is mind Mercedes is 34 wins 33 loses and 3 ties with Mercedes scoring 1208 total points and Brownsville 1200. Mercedes avg 17.0 PPG and Brownsville 16.9. I will just say wow I really feel the dominance and im glad we dont deal with the Tigers in district anymore. Im really glad we have Mission Vets instead of the mighty Tigers. If we ever happen to be in a district in the future please take it easy. It will be your whole town versus 14 percent of ours. Nevertheless go Tigers still think they will get skinned but still rooting for the valley team.
    A fine example of historical facts trumping baseless self-glorifying opinion. Badboyz, Badboyz, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when BFC throws his stats at you?

  12. #72
    All Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Any even then we are usually rgv
    Are to short
    To slow
    Etc...
    Are the sterotypes all valley kids face...
    Too slow? That can be fixed by parents and kids seeking additional training outside of the school it doesn't come easy or cheap. Strength again goes back to my first sentence, if parents and kids think everything will happen at school they're both wrong, when the season is over the training begins!

  13. #73
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Too slow? That can be fixed by parents and kids seeking additional training outside of the school it doesn't come easy or cheap. Strength again goes back to my first sentence, if parents and kids think everything will happen at school they're both wrong, when the season is over the training begins!
    Yup... I always use Calallen as an example for everything related to the RGV... Anyone who thinks Calallen is any bigger, stronger or faster than any good RGV football team doesn't know HS football... Calallen isnt anything special, not talent wise but they're projected to win Region 4 5A DII this year and play Aledo in the State Title game... That is all coaching.

  14. #74
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,302

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter

    Default

    UPDATED!!! This is updated to the best of the abilities. Some districts are set while others the last playoff spot is in question. There are a couple of districts that are a mess that have various possibilities. Division 1 15-5A number one seed is set in CC Veterans but the rest is tough to map out. The current standing is based on what some in the coastal bend feel that will be the results at the end of the season. Wow last week before playoffs......

  15. #75
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Too slow? That can be fixed by parents and kids seeking additional training outside of the school it doesn't come easy or cheap. Strength again goes back to my first sentence, if parents and kids think everything will happen at school they're both wrong, when the season is over the training begins!
    This is what the other part of Texas think of South Texas
    I enrolled my son to several speed camps here in RGV
    And in summer he is attending Cavazos Sports Institute in summer when every one was home I had my son train
    But what helps him he is multi sport
    Will begin basketball soon
    Then baseball. ..
    If we can get our parents to buy in like some of us RGV
    Would be a lot better in the playoffs. ..imo

  16. #76
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    This is what the other part of Texas think of South Texas
    I enrolled my son to several speed camps here in RGV
    And in summer he is attending Cavazos Sports Institute in summer when every one was home I had my son train
    But what helps him he is multi sport
    Will begin basketball soon
    Then baseball. ..
    If we can get our parents to buy in like some of us RGV
    Would be a lot better in the playoffs. ..imo
    Its true, off season conditioning will help the players be bigger, stronger and faster... But none of that matters if there is no discipline!! What was the difference between Mercedes and Calallen the last time they met? Was Calallen bigger? I doubt it... Was Calallen faster?? NO, no way Calallen was faster as a team than Mercedes... All that Calallen was was better coached and more disciplined than Mercedes, and everyone else they play... Calallen has no business playing in the Regiona Finals every year if football was purely about talent, yet they do... Calallen players are just players like any kids we have done in the RGV, the difference is they want it more and know what it takes to get it...

  17. #77

    Default

    Is Harlingen for sure facing Weslaco in the first round of the playoffs? And if so who is home and away?

  18. #78
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TX, USA
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    Is Harlingen for sure facing Weslaco in the first round of the playoffs? And if so who is home and away?
    Yes, I believe that matchup has already been set.


    A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

  19. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    Yes, I believe that matchup has already been set.
    Any word on who’s the home team & what day it on?
    Last edited by Txsooner956; 11-06-2018 at 08:53 AM.

  20. #80

    Default

    I feel as if Mission could win their 2nd round matchup, the problem is United in the first round...

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •