10. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSJA

7 70.00%
  • Mission

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Default Psja vs Mission, closer than n you may think

Psja comes in with a chance to clinch a district championship while mission needs this win for a playoff berth. Psja has been offensively on fire the entire season behind Guajardo while Mission QB is a freshman. Most may believe this will be a blowout only one catch.... this is a battle of matchups. Psja and mission vets run basically the same offense in which mission high held vets to 12 points, since then vets has been averaging 40+. Mission has averaged 34 points since losing their starter to injury the last 2 games with a strong running attack and passing to compliment. Battle of the matchups this week. Can mission offense continue to put up points and will the secondary be able to handle guajardo and the wr group of psja. What you got. I got mission by less than a td.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Can mods put up a poll???

Hall of Famer

Lol. I didn't know how. But yes. No opinion imoya? Scurred?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Can mods put up a poll???
    Done.

Koy Detmer is going to be on Texas Football Today at noon.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
    Psja comes in with a chance to clinch a district championship while mission needs this win for a playoff berth. Psja has been offensively on fire the entire season behind Guajardo while Mission QB is a freshman. Most may believe this will be a blowout only one catch.... this is a battle of matchups. Psja and mission vets run basically the same offense in which mission high held vets to 12 points, since then vets has been averaging 40+. Mission has averaged 34 points since losing their starter to injury the last 2 games with a strong running attack and passing to compliment. Battle of the matchups this week. Can mission offense continue to put up points and will the secondary be able to handle guajardo and the wr group of psja. What you got. I got mission by less than a td.
    Mission High Played Vets early in the season. If that game were played today Vets would destroy Mission. Also, Mission's offensive output could be attributed to them playing just about nobody since. I don't see Mission hanging with PSJA.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    Mission High Played Vets early in the season. If that game were played today Vets would destroy Mission. Also, Mission's offensive output could be attributed to them playing just about nobody since. I don't see Mission hanging with PSJA.
    So psja north and memorial is nobody? Just curious as those were our 2 only losses. In those games mission averaged 35 points. On the season we're averaging 33 points a game which is pretty good for any team. Vets would be another win as currently they are injury depleted plus have been playing an equivalent to 3a teams lately in their district. Only thing that psja scares me about them is they have a true qb that isn't Landry running but then again isn't him passing which is a threat to any team.
    Last edited by NOdaddyBALL; 10-30-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    Vets is not that good all you have to do is contain Landry

Hall of Famer

Mission will need to respect the running ability of QB Guajardo. He killed Memorial running out of the pocket. Memorial slowed down Bears passing game as they brought Campbell and Ethan Bazan to help secondary but like I said QB made the plays with his legs. Bears D gave up a lot to Memorial so I expect this game to be high scoring.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Mission will need to respect the running ability of QB Guajardo. He killed Memorial running out of the pocket. Memorial slowed down Bears passing game as they brought Campbell and Ethan Bazan to help secondary but like I said QB made the plays with his legs. Bears D gave up a lot to Memorial so I expect this game to be high scoring.
    Very good insight and completely overlooked. Guajardo is very athletic no doubt. Ran for 214 vs memorial, wow. Mission lbs have good speed and held Landry to 100 yards rushing. Going to need that same effort to slow psja offense down. But mission will have to open up the playbook of psja scores often early.

Retired Football Guru

Lol. I didn't know how. But yes. No opinion imoya? Scurred?

Mission has a talented young group. Especially, the Duran fella, as well as; a quality coaching staff.

Hats off to them, but we need to consider that PSJA has a veteran QB and an experienced overall team with also...you guessed it...a quality coaching staff.

It's going to boil down to who has the ball last and who makes minimal mistakes.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Mission played a great game defensively!

Hall of Famer

Guess somebody knows what they were talking about.

Platinum

Guess somebody knows what they were talking about.
    I have said Mission has a really good defensive backfield for a while now, I knew it'd be a good game... I've said Jeremy should have been named the starter since day one...

Hall of Famer

Was a team win honestly. Yes Jenny played well but this one was a total team effort. When we are firing on all cylinders we're a problem for anyone.

Platinum

Was a team win honestly. Yes Jenny played well but this one was a total team effort. When we are firing on all cylinders we're a problem for anyone.
    Honestly it was a game of match ups... #11 and #12 for Mission though great WRs, can also cover anyone back there on Defense... I saw that 1st hand when they played Los Fresnos during their scrimmage... Jeremy to Andrew is still a thing, I've said that all season... I knew Mission would be able to take away Flores from PSJA, he's their big play guy... After that as long as the LBs could hurry Trey, they were in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Honestly it was a game of match ups... #11 and #12 for Mission though great WRs, can also cover anyone back there on Defense... I saw that 1st hand when they played Los Fresnos during their scrimmage... Jeremy to Andrew is still a thing, I've said that all season... I knew Mission would be able to take away Flores from PSJA, he's their big play guy... After that as long as the LBs could hurry Trey, they were in trouble...
    Trey was sacked 6 times.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Trey was sacked 6 times.
    Yup... Take away #1 Miguel Flores and he runs out of options...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Yup... Take away #1 Miguel Flores and he runs out of options...
    Speaking of Flores, 1 reception for 3 yards.

Thread Information