Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Heisman Winner

[QUOTE=EP2RGV;891164]Uhmmm the Top dogs Hanna and San Benito[/QUOT

Underdog role, just the way my team likes it. I guess we'll see how seatings end up.
    Last edited by East956; 10-23-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Hall of Famer

[QUOTE=East956;891188]
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Uhmmm the Top dogs Hanna and San Benito[/QUOT

Underdog role, just the way my team likes it. I guess we'll see how seatings end up.
    How is your team in the underdog role playing in D2 bracket and most likely avoiding playing the top teams that will most likely go D1?

Immortal

[QUOTE=panther85;891194]
    Quote Originally Posted by East956 View Post

How is your team in the underdog role playing in D2 bracket and most likely avoiding playing the top teams that will most likely go D1?
    Vela has been a top dog and is division 2 (don't think that was an easy game for div.1 panthers or any other d 1 team in the valley)....a few years ago when east beat district champ del rio a few times they were division 2. Isn't lake travisdiv. 2?
    Last edited by Truth; 10-24-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Vela and Weslaco/East win. 2-2.

Heisman Winner

[QUOTE=panther85;891194]

I'm aware of all you said. I'm referring to EP2RGV specifically since he and many consider hanna and the hounds the favorite(and rightfully so) vs anybody in the valley regardless of D1 or D2 excluding Vela.

It isn't easts fault they are the smallest 6A. Infact, they should be 5A but WISD throws Horton and guidance center I believe just to make the cut. And barely at that.

If high loses first round, (which I doubt) are you really gonna be upset and say its because ya'll are D1 and east is D2?
    Last edited by East956; 10-24-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Immortal

[QUOTE=East956;891214]
    Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post

I'm aware of all you said. I'm referring to EP2RGV specifically since he and many consider hanna and the hounds the favorite(and rightfully so) vs anybody in the valley regardless of D1 or D2 excluding Vela.

It isn't easts fault they are the smallest 6A. Infact, they should be 5A but WISD throws Horton and guidance center I believe just to make the cut. And barely at that.

If high loses first round, (which I doubt) are you really gonna be upset and say its because ya'll are D1 and east is D2?
    The panthers lost to d2 Vela, do u consider facing Vela a d2 an easy route? By your logic d2 is an easier route, Vela has been the number 1 team in the valley as a d2 school.

Heisman Winner

[QUOTE=panther85;891194]

To say all the tougher VALLEY teams are always D1 is incorrect 85. It has been the other way around and it alternates at times. Vela was D2, undefeated and ranked #1 when 4th seed Weslaco East beat em a few years back.

Panthers didnt make the playoffs that year but had they, they wouldve been 1-3 seed, D1 and played an easier opponent.
    Last edited by East956; 10-24-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Junior Varsity

If Vela cant make it past the First two rounds easily with probably 100+ transfers, are they really the Top Team in the Valley? That's my take on that school, we will wait and see.

Weslaco and Weslaco East should at least Win the First playoff game being that there is only two schools in Weslaco, therefore talent and numbers should both be there.

Fourth seed, Probably EHS, will not make it past first round. They are hurting and wearing out. They play a physical type of football offensively and have lost a lot of guys to injury.

First Round goes 3-1

Second Round goes 2-3

Vela and Weslaco go to third.

Junior Varsity

Default Cmon man!

If Vela cant make it past the First two rounds easily with probably 100+ transfers, are they really the Top Team in the Valley? That's my take on that school, we will wait and see.

Weslaco and Weslaco East should at least Win the First playoff game being that there is only two schools in Weslaco, therefore talent and numbers should both be there.

Fourth seed, Probably EHS, will not make it past first round. They are hurting and wearing out. They play a physical type of football offensively and have lost a lot of guys to injury.

First Round goes 3-1

Second Round goes 2-3

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CmonMan0824 View Post

First Round goes 3-1

Second Round goes 2-3

Just because Weslaco only has two schools doesn't translate to big numbers and success for both. East has probably the lowest enrollment of any 6a in the valley, and as far as 2 team towns, South football wise hasn't been as successful as harlingen high.

I think vela,east and high have a good chance of advancing

Heisman Winner

First Round goes 3-1

Second Round goes 2-3

Its gonna get good. But you aren't aware of easts numbers then. They're barely a 6A. Should actually be a 5A. Hasn't mattered much in their case I guess.

Hall of Famer

Its gonna get good. But you aren't aware of easts numbers then. They're barely a 6A. Should actually be a 5A. Hasn't mattered much in their case I guess.
    The qb they’ve had the past 3 seasons prior counts as the enrollment of 10 kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    The qb they’ve had the past 3 seasons prior counts as the enrollment of 10 kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol. He probly could

Junior Varsity

Yes I understand the uil cut off and the way they are placed based on numbers, but you all seem to be missing the point. By only having two schools, the talent is not so spread out. It is basically a given that many of those kids playing together when they are small or in middle school, will end up playing together in HS. That makes a huge difference. Unlike Edinburg, PSJA, or Brownsville they don't have to worry about talent being spread out across 4 schools just 2.

You can have 35 kids on a roster that are all great athletes and still beat a team that has 100 plus players. Numbers just means you have more to choose from. I'll take quality over quantity any day. Weslaco having 2 schools help them keep quality. More schools in one city make it harder to keep quality. Unless they all transfer to one school... COUGH COUGH. lol

Hall of Famer

Well i'm not 100% sure, but i think PSJA, Edinburg and Brownsville are bigger cities than Weslaco. lol

“A rivalry? The third time we’ve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.”-Coach Burget

Junior Varsity

I think you may be onto something there PantherPride… Maybe lol
    Ill ask google.

Immortal

First Round goes 3-1

Second Round goes 2-3

East has done more with less than most of the bigger 6a schools in the valley.
    Last edited by Truth; 10-25-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Junior Varsity

Cmon man! I just answered that and explained it. lol

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Rowe has the lowest 6a enrollment.

East 2238
    Rowe 2161

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    Well i'm not 100% sure, but i think PSJA, Edinburg and Brownsville are bigger cities than Weslaco. lol
    Psja ISD is bigger than Weslaco ISD but it consists of 3 towns (Pharr, San Juan, Alamo) and 4 HS’s.
    Last edited by lmoya; 10-25-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Thread Information