Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: You know what to do...

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Fresnos

5 21.74%
  • Harlingen

15 65.22%
  • Lord Gomez is the best

4 17.39%
  • Lord Gomez is the worst

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Los Fresnos vs. Harlingen

Los Fresnos is 1-1
    Lord Gomez is 0-2

Big game in regards to making the playoffs.

Harlingen has an opportunity here to help secure a playoff birth, especially if Los Fresnos is starting underclassmen due to injury.

Lord Gomez by 1.

Hall of Famer

Didn't that underclassmen throw 3tds? Plus that underclassmen has a ton of fire to him he's not going to just lay down.

Quote Originally Posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
    Didn't that underclassmen throw 3tds? Plus that underclassmen has a ton of fire to him he's not going to just lay down.
    Ah man, I thought he was (going to lay down), shucks!

Point is, he is inexperienced at the varsity level. How much stock should we place in those three touchdown passes vs. the worst 6A team in the Valley? Don’t get me wrong, it’s an accomplishment, especially as a fish, but again, it’s Rivera.

Saw two of the three touchdown passes...yea, it’s Rivera.

Hall of Famer

Old school thinking. That's what they think about isaac Gonzalez from psja north rb FRESHMEN running all over teams, that's what they think about Duran QB freshmen throwing 70% completions in good 6a schedule. Those are just 2 examples. Freshmen aren't what they used to be the kids have been in extreme pressure situations all over the country. They aren't you're everyday type freshmen.

Hall of Famer

Old school thinking. That's what they think about isaac Gonzalez from psja north rb FRESHMEN running all over teams, that's what they think about Duran QB freshmen throwing 70% completions in good 6a schedule. Those are just 2 examples. Freshmen aren't what they used to be the kids have been in extreme pressure situations all over the country. They aren't you're everyday type freshmen.
    Good 6A schedule??? C’mon man! Plus, LF’s freshman is not Duran or are you saying he is.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Hall of Famer

Who's 6a top top bottom is better? All I'm saying about Padilla is he is a gamer, he isn't just some scrub last option. He may not win the game but he will not go out there scared.

I think it’s called logic.

Out of the thousands of kids playing varsity football, how many are freshmen? There’s a reason.

And no where did I say he or any other fish couldn’t play? Apparently he is LF’s best option...
    Last edited by cardinal85; 10-22-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Ah man, I thought he was (going to lay down), shucks!

Point is, he is inexperienced at the varsity level. How much stock should we place in those three touchdown passes vs. the worst 6A team in the Valley? Don’t get me wrong, it’s an accomplishment, especially as a fish, but again, it’s Rivera.

Varsity

Los Fresnos is 1-1
    Lord Gomez is 0-2

Big game in regards to making the playoffs.

Harlingen has an opportunity here to help secure a playoff birth, especially if Los Fresnos is starting underclassmen due to injury.

Lord Gomez by 1.
    Ordinarily, I would agree that Los Fresnos being forced to start a freshman qb would give the Cardinals a huge edge. However, the way the Cardinals have been playing as of late, I would still be worried if Los Fresnos had pulled their qb up from a middle school.
    Last edited by Red2; 10-22-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    Ordinarily, I would agree that Los Fresnos being forced to start a freshman qb would give the Cardinals a huge edge. However, the way the Cardinals have playing as of late, I would still be worried if Los Fresnos had pulled their qb up from a middle school.
    Ha, true.

Saw a few highlights and the kid can scramble. If he can heave the ball fifty yards down the field for grabs, Harlingen is in trouble.

Retired Football Guru

That's nice. But how's his pocket presence, play making ability, defensive recogniton?

He'll be varsity ready next year. Los Fresnos faithful is just gonna have to be patient.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Hall of Famer

Fellas reading a defense in the rgv isn't rocket science. Lol.
    Last edited by NOdaddyBALL; 10-22-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Heisman Winner

Ha, true.

Saw a few highlights and the kid can scramble. If he can heave the ball fifty yards down the field for grabs, Harlingen is in trouble.
    Ouch!!! Hurts cuz it’s true.

Heisman Winner

I honestly think we’re about to reel off three straight victories starting this Friday. The toughest part of the schedule is behind us and we didn’t do well but there was some light. The offense can score as they showed in the second half against Midland, against SB it was 28 all with 8 min left and then Jacob Cavazos the QB for SB went wild, and with Hanna it was 21-7 before there QB took over. Those two QB are on a whole different level. We’re 2-4 and playoffs are at stake here. I think it’s everyones goal from the players and coaches to put together a complete game. Complete game, Cards win. I think, I hope, I’m actually praying.

Quote Originally Posted by BadFrank View Post
    I honestly think we’re about to reel off three straight victories starting this Friday. The toughest part of the schedule is behind us and we didn’t do well but there was some light. The offense can score as they showed in the second half against Midland, against SB it was 28 all with 8 min left and then Jacob Cavazos the QB for SB went wild, and with Hanna it was 21-7 before there QB took over. Those two QB are on a whole different level. We’re 2-4 and playoffs are at stake here. I think it’s everyones goal from the players and coaches to put together a complete game. Complete game, Cards win. I think, I hope, I’m actually praying.
    I think if Harlingen could at least put together 75% of a game and not have these melt downs, they could be at least 1-1.

I'm surprised at how the defense is playing. That's Gomez's department and it's given up over eighty points the past two games...

And yes, the next three games are winnable...

Retired Football Guru

Fellas reading a defense in the rgv isn't rocket science. Lol.
    Pffft...lol. You're not wrong. But, it seems like it is rocket science to SOME,NOT ALL OC's.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

What do you all think will be the final standings for this district heading into the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    What do you all think will be the final standings for this district heading into the playoffs?
    SB/Hanna
    LF/Harlingen
    Harlingen/South/LF

Lol, I hope that makes sense. It does to me (obviously).

Hall of Famer

Harlingen is still alive, maybe in life support, but alive to make the playoffs. Los Fresnos is Los Fresnos and they will show up and play hard.
    If the REAL CARDINAL DEFENSE shows up then the Cards should squeeze in a win. Los Fresnos Offense and young QB will have a chance to win. Cards Offense has shown life but the Offense needs to adjust in second half, be creative and attack.
    Heads or tails game for me. Don't know what to expect from the 2018 Cards team.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Thread Information