3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission Vets

2 66.67%
  • Brownsville Pace

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Default Mission Vets vs Brownsville Pace

Mission Vets travels to Sam's to take on the Vikings with both teams 6-1. Vets have been putting up a ton of points and Pace has been using defense and ball control to win games. This is the Vikings' biggest test of the season. I think the Vikings have enough defense to slow down Vets but will have to put up some points. Vets have rolled over every team so far this season and Pace will have to play better than they did against Lopez tonight to have a shot.

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Vets will handle Pace.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Vets will handle Pace.
    What happens in that district if they donít?

Hall of Famer

I’m hearing this game is on Saturday at 7 pm, can anyone verify that to be accurate?

Hall of Famer

Yes Saturday at 7pm. Vets never is just too much. They will score 40+ easily. Entire district is not on vets level. This year and next vets should cake walk through that district.

Will be rooting for the Vikings but I think the Patriots will be too much to handle . 56 - 14 PATRIOTS

Platinum

Vets should win, but don't sleep on Pace... They're scappy and that #5 is no joke... Also, AJ and Mikey have a chance to have a big game, Pace plays 1 on 1 man and blitzes the 7 to 8 in the box the entire game... I expect them to rush Landry the same way they rushed Shary's Edgar and Oscar which forced 2 or 3 INTs...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
    Yes Saturday at 7pm. Vets never is just too much. They will score 40+ easily. Entire district is not on vets level. This year and next vets should cake walk through that district.
    Thanks for the game time confirmation. I donít think itíll be a cake walk, having seen vets a few times they do have an explosive offense but at times can look average and confused. If pace has a good defense as some have mentioned it should be a very good game. Vets defense can sometimes struggle against the run as well.

Moderator in Training

Mission Vets should have enough to outlast Pace stingy defense but as we saw last night with PSJA SW upsetting Brownsvile Veterans, anything can happen.
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Super Moderator

That throws a wrench on the 4th spot...getting intresting

Moderator in Training

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    That throws a wrench on the 4th spot...getting intresting
    I donít think things will change at the 4th spot. Depending on what happens this weekend the top two spots can flip flop.

1. Mission Vets
    2. Pace
    3. Brownsvile Vets
    4. Donna High

Brownsville Vets can actually finish with the same district record as Donna if they lose to Pace and Donna wins out which they should.
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I don’t think things will change at the 4th spot. Depending on what happens this weekend the top two spots can flip flop.

1. Mission Vets
    2. Pace
    3. Brownsvile Vets
    4. Donna High

Brownsville Vets can actually finish with the same district record as Donna if they lose to Pace and Donna wins out which they should.

Just saw some projected playoff scenarios and it’s gonna be tuff

Hall of Famer

Mission Vets will beat Pace. Mission Vets QB, Landry Gilpin, is just too talented and will pass and run through the Vikings defense. Just my two cents!

Junior Varsity

If you haven't seen Pace play they can move the ball on offense. They don't have the quick scoring offense that Vets have but the grind out 15 play drive that eats up the clock and wears out the opposing defense. Don't believe me ask some Donna fans.

Gilpin can be stopped if you observe his tendencies. Most of the long pass plays that go to Garcia have the same script. Gilpin is in the spread and the RB in the backfield will line up on the side to which Landry will roll out to. He's there for the sole purpose to block and provide Gilpin time to throw. Gilpin, as he is rolling out, gives a hard look to Gonzaque who runs a five and out towards the sideline of the rollout. Once everyone bites on the hard look to Gonzaque, Gilpin quickly stops and blades his body towards the middle of the field where Garcia has run a shallow post from the slot down the middle of the field unguarded.

To stop this, the corner defending Garcia needs to contact Garcia at the line to disrupt his route for a second or two while the outside linebackers vector in on Gilpin from the front and back sides. Cut off Gilpin's time to throw and he produces poor passing results. He will scramble but if he is sacked a few times he seems to get fustrated and off his game which is when he starts to throw interceptions.

Gilpin's passing form is odd. He doesn't seem to have great arm strengh or form. It seems he pushes the ball with his body reminiscent of a shot putter rather than a pure throw like a pitcher with follow through. Anyhow, it works and if it ain't broke don't fix it. Pace has good D backs but the key for Pace will be the pass rush from the end of the D line.

As for Gonzaque, if the Pace D backs would be content for an interference penalty when they've been beat, it will save long gains for a mere 10 yard penalty at a time. Gonzaque is a super solid receiver that puts up lots of yards after the catch so if Pace can contain the long gains they'll be in the game. Super solid meaning he catches even poorly thrown passes ordinarily dropped by most other WRs.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by 96Romeo View Post
    If you haven't seen Pace play they can move the ball on offense. They don't have the quick scoring offense that Vets have but the grind out 15 play drive that eats up the clock and wears out the opposing defense. Don't believe me ask some Donna fans.

Yep. Got that right plus you cant win by scoring only fg. Putting #5 in the game during the 2nd qtr really changed thing in favor of pace.

Hall of Famer

Pace better be prepared for those effortless passes by gilpin. It's just a snap release and forget it. He doesn't even look to see if it's caught. Balls just ease into the rec hands like a pillow catches someone's head when they sleep. Gilpin scrambles will cause heart attacks. He's like a ghost just when it seen you have him wrapped up he disappears. They are a hard hitting defense, a very dangerous team

Hall of Famer

Will they be streaming this game? Anyone

Quote Originally Posted by the machine View Post
    Will they be streaming this game? Anyone
    I'm pretty sure Rio Sports Live will be streaming it live on YouTube and Facebook.

Pace not effective with pass rush against Gilpin and they are paying for it. The Vikings offense looks good, especially the passing game. No wow factor, but effective. 34-21 Vets halftime.

Thread Information