Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Which Snake will reign supreme???

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rattlers

7 77.78%
  • Diamondbacks

2 22.22%
    Platinum

Default Pioneer @ Sharyland

Pioneer comes to Sharyland for the 5th iteration of the Snake Skin Classic. Sharyland leads the series 3-1 but Pioneer appears poised to narrow the gap. The Diamondbacks are coming off of a huge win over the previously undefeated Valley View Tigers while the Rattlers are coming off a decent performance of a down and out Edcouch Elsa team... For Sharyland to win they need to play a perfect game, especially on Offense... It appears Shary may go with Oscar Valdez at QB, as he has been by far the most effective of the Rattler signal callers... Edgar has struggled mightily this season under center. Pioneer is extremely dangerous on the perimeters and SOPH Eddie Lee Marburger is the odds on favorite to lead the Diamondbacks. I'll take Sharyland in a close one... GooOOooOOoOO Rattlers!!!

Hall of Famer

Shary has not been challenged since the Hanna game. They are racking up some points. Could be another shootout. I'll take Pioneer in a burner. Rosalez and Marb have more weapons.

The #1 Passing team in the District Vs #1 Rushing team , Rosales and Marb take charge of that offense in the air , while Escalera and Longoria lead in the ground , but can give it to about 4 other players in the ground. I think Sharyland might’ve found their passing game a little more against EE, I just hope they continue improving this week. I’ll agree w red wave and I also see another shootout but see Rattlers walking away with it. Rattlers have a better D than Pioneer and I truly believe they will make more stops and get a TO.
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 10-14-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Platinum

Jesus, I'd personally like to see Oscar at QB. Oscar has proven on more than one occasion to be the more effective QB. I'd also like to see Mauri get more snaps, he and Adrian are dangerous..

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Jesus, I'd personally like to see Oscar at QB. Oscar has proven on more than one occasion to be the more effective QB. I'd also like to see Mauri get more snaps, he and Adrian are dangerous..
    No yes , I’m not saying other wise. I just meant stats wise literally haha. Oscar carried Shary over ee , I say let him start off the game against Pioneer, and switch up if needed. Our DBs better be ready or it’ll be a long night
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 10-15-2018 at 09:40 AM.

This game is a toss up. It will probably be a barn burner like last years game. I hope that the Rattlers have found their most productive players. IMO Oscar has earned the starting job and Maurie and Escalera should carry the ball for the Rattlers. Looking forward to seeing Jacob and the Diamondback passing attack. Shary's D will have to stop Jacob's running. Picking Shary by 7.

What frustrates me the most on offense for Shary, is the high snaps on offense and on p.a.t.s and field goals. On offense it just throws the timing off on .

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    What frustrates me the most on offense for Shary, is the high snaps on offense and on p.a.t.s and field goals. On offense it just throws the timing off on .
    The high snaps are all attributed to the same player... I don't know how he's still the starter after he literally cost Sharyland two Ws...

Hall of Famer

Picked Shary but from all the games I’ve seen by both teams Pioneer should win. If Shary can get some consistency from their qb and center Shary will have a chance. Shary’s D should keep them in the game.

last year Jacob still had two bombs for TD passes to Cajero although I remember seeing him run from the Dline all game. Brandon Mireless and Jacob are gonna go back and forth this year w sacks and scrambles for gain, a DE that is as fast or faster than most offensive players is rare to see, I hope Brandon has another Monster game, that will be the foundation to slowing down Jacob and their passing game. DBs better be ready , only 1/4 DBs has experience playing against Jacob. Good luck to both teams and may the real SHARYLAND win

Heisman Winner

Ill go with pioneer and that qb they have. Should be a good game.

Hall of Famer

Both teams seem pretty evenly matched. I think it will be a lot like last year.

Thread Information