• Eagles by >10

9 60.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    All Star

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    What grade? Kid is quick.
    He’s a senior

Hall of Famer

Congrats to the Mighty Golden Eagles on today's Victory.
    Next up for the Eagles are the Grey Hounds
    Next up for the Cards are the Falcons....
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Spot on. They rely way to much on number six Reyna. Once Hanna put a safety over top, that was it. Simply put, Hanna out coached Harlingen. Question is, is that saying much?

The Cardinal OL just made matters worse. Credit to the Hanna DL...who the heck was number forty-eight? Kid was through our line like swiss cheese.

I would like to see change, but Lord Gomez is seen as a god in Harlingen (hence the lord part).

I did see the other Lord Gomez. Haha.
    When is the next board meeting? 😳

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Exactly Hanna shutdown that connection to #6 and as far as our #48 thatís Jarod Lozano.
    Yeah, #48 caught my eye vs Memorial...

ya
    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    When is the next board meeting? ��
    His boy Eladio would fight tooth and nail for his homeboy...

I feel bad for the kids...they need better leadership.

4 game losing streak. Ouch.

[QUOTE=cardinal85;891005]ya

I feel bad for the kids...they need better leadership.[/QUOTE

"It is what it is"

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

This is the first time in Hanna history to defeat the Cards in back to back years. The last time it was done was when it was Brownsville High in 1971 and 72 seasons.
    Last edited by BFC; 10-20-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    This is the first time in Hanna history to defeat the Cards in back to back years. The last time it was done was when it was Brownsville High in 1971 and 72 seasons.
    Good tidbit of info. Congrats to Hanna.

Step it up lord Gomez!

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    When is the next board meeting? ��
    Oh boy....are For Sale signs gonna go up soon?
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Like most posters here and I tend to agree Hanna outcoached Cards coaches. I liked how kids on both sides played and gave it their all. I am not trying to instigate anything and I like to read the coaches quotes on the paper as that tells you much about their thinking and how things might be in the program. Upon reading Gomez's quotes I would be concerened. I might be reading too much but Gomez stated "its all about effort and Hanna outdid our effort today". Hmm was this the kids effort or the coaching effort. Also stated was "you cant go out there and make tackles for them". I know expectations are high at Harlingen and short leashes per say but is it me or does this sound like coaching staff wanting to tell the people out there that hey this is not on us. If im reading too much into those quotes i can take it but like to hear on the thoughts out there.

Heisman Winner

I read it like u did BFC. The kids know that they are 2-4 and not doing well and then the head coach puts them on blast in the paper. Wow.... some leader. Call them out in practice NOT in the paper for parents, fans and everyone else to see. Take some ownership coach and staff. Call out your OC for taking 25 seconds to get a play in when the game was on the line and within reach. Has the tackling been poor, no doubt but putting them on blast like that not cool.

Doesn’t surprise me though. I know a lot of ppl who are in the know and this is the arrogance of our coaching staff. They have this attitude like I told them what to do and they didn’t do it so it’s the athletes fault not mine. This is a real problem. The coaches won’t reevaluate themselves because they think they do everything perfect. They’re going to sit on their butts and wait for a talented group to come along so they can thump their chests. A real leader/coach is constantly evolving and reassessing themselves so they can get better. What u did yesterday may not work tmrw. I’m not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BadFrank View Post
    I read it like u did BFC. The kids know that they are 2-4 and not doing well and then the head coach puts them on blast in the paper. Wow.... some leader. Call them out in practice NOT in the paper for parents, fans and everyone else to see. Take some ownership coach and staff. Call out your OC for taking 25 seconds to get a play in when the game was on the line and within reach. Has the tackling been poor, no doubt but putting them on blast like that not cool.

Doesnít surprise me though. I know a lot of ppl who are in the know and this is the arrogance of our coaching staff. They have this attitude like I told them what to do and they didnít do it so itís the athletes fault not mine. This is a real problem. The coaches wonít reevaluate themselves because they think they do everything perfect. Theyíre going to sit on their butts and wait for a talented group to come along so they can thump their chests. A real leader/coach is constantly evolving and reassessing themselves so they can get better. What u did yesterday may not work tmrw. Iím not surprised.
    I totally agree with what you have stated! Gomez and his staff have been lucky to have the studs the first 8 years but last two years the lack of coaching and preparation has been terrible. Calling out kids in the media is not right.

[QUOTE=HHS55;891007]
    ya

I feel bad for the kids...they need better leadership.[/QUOTE

"It is what it is"

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Oh boy....are For Sale signs gonna go up soon?
    Make use of the public comment at the next meeting.
    PRIDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE

Hall of Famer

Holy Cow! Where is the Falcons and Cardinals Thread?
    Did Harlingen already throw in the white towel?
    No Way.......
    Believe or Leave..... I Believe...... Guess some have left already....
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Retired Football Guru

ya

I feel bad for the kids...they need better leadership.
    You wreak of sarcasm. Lol.We both know the individual mentioned has a disdain for thy lord.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Thread Information