0 0%
  • Eagles by <7

3 20.00%
  • Eagles by >10

9 60.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saca95 View Post
    Not sure how much this means, but Amarillo Tascosa beat Midland High 36-20
    on Friday. Hanna beat Tascosa handily and Midland spanked the Cards.
    Hmmm, might mean something.

DCTF poster said Tascosa played like garbage and seemed not to take the game seriously...I wonder if that means anything.

How is the weather shaping up for Saturday?

I don't mind seeing my team lose, but not because they readily shoot themselves in the foot with poor actions, etc.

Harlingen is going to have to play a lot better on defense to have a chance. Harlingen is definitely the underdog coming into this game...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    How is the weather shaping up for Saturday?

I don't mind seeing my team lose, but not because they readily shoot themselves in the foot with poor actions, etc.

Harlingen is going to have to play a lot better on defense to have a chance. Harlingen is definitely the underdog coming into this game...
    Heavy rains with thunderstorms right around game time. I wonder if that’ll help us? LOL
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    Heavy rains with thunderstorms right around game time. I wonder if that’ll help us? LOL
    I don't think anything, especially mother nature, is going to help the Cardinals. Ha!

In fact, that helps Hanna as it will likely force more of a ground game...something Harlingen has had issues stopping in Weslaco East and San Benito.

I hope I am eating crow when it's all said and done.

Hanna by 21...

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Based on what has transpired this season and momentum ill take Hanna by 14. You still have to respect the game and your opponent and history. This game has produced upsets and they come when no one sees them coming and are unexpected. Funny I mention this for a Harlingen game versus a Brownsville opponent. I remember Lord Gomez in past years pouting and being upset at playing Brownsville schools in district and none can prepare for post season. How those comments become irrelevant today. IMHO just like Tom Chavez at Rivera I think the game has passed Lord Gomez by. I am sure Harlingen has very good kids to have a better showing than this past seasons. With the talent Harlingen has and produces just like years past they should be a DC winner or contender EVERY SINGLE SEASON. I enjoy the Eagles having a successful season but it is needed for the Cards to be near the top. Cards and underdogs dont go in same sentence. Go Eagles and shut some of my Card fans I see (not here) up and for doubting the Eagles last years game as luck and even doubting this season amd saying cards will blow out Hanna this game just watch. I dont know if they serious but its New Hanna time.
    Cards by 7
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Cards by 7
    If you go to the game good luck on your travels.

All Star

I'll be there for sure as long as I get off of work on time!

Harlingen will be lucky to win 2 district games- even then I think Iím giving them one to many wins - owell IIWII
    those who serve the best .....profit the most-

Quote Originally Posted by humblewarrior695 View Post
    Harlingen will be lucky to win 2 district games- even then I think Iím giving them one to many wins - owell IIWII
    You only need to win 2 games to make the playoffs so if they miss the playoffs this year then Manny better go get some new assistants.

If you go to the game good luck on your travels.
    Good travels to you too. Crazy drivers from one side of town to the other. Do they have turn signals on cars over there ??? Harlingen has it's share so don't take it personal.

Cano Dark thrashed Hanna...

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Good travels to you too. Crazy drivers from one side of town to the other. Do they have turn signals on cars over there ??? Harlingen has it's share so don't take it personal.
    Not a bad problem for turning signals problem is traffic build up at Boca Chica exit and traffic to turn to Palm Blvd.

Junior Varsity

Guess it's a somewhat relevant thread to ask this... For the past 15 years or so I've been hearing from friends that still live down there that Harlingen is "about to open" a new 3rd high school. Can't find anything on google to support this. You'd have to think that would hurt the athletic program at HHS pretty bad, but of course the educational environment is the top priority. Is there actually a 3rd high school in the works or is it all just gossip still?

Not a bad problem for turning signals problem is traffic build up at Boca Chica exit and traffic to turn to Palm Blvd.
    It's a easy ride. Brownsville is small compared to the population. Almost 200,000 people but seems like a little city. Better to take Central to Elizabeth.

Hall of Famer

I will be there to support my Cards.......

Cardinal Spirit Never Dies
    Go Cards
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Cano Freshman Academy (Ravens) is the next future high school, not sure when!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruvala View Post
    Guess it's a somewhat relevant thread to ask this... For the past 15 years or so I've been hearing from friends that still live down there that Harlingen is "about to open" a new 3rd high school. Can't find anything on google to support this. You'd have to think that would hurt the athletic program at HHS pretty bad, but of course the educational environment is the top priority. Is there actually a 3rd high school in the works or is it all just gossip still?

Immortal

Big chance of rain tomorrow.

Heisman Winner

Fight Cardinals fight, and I am talking to the players, not you coaches. LOL. Midland.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Pruvala View Post
    Cano was supposed to have existed as a 9th grade academy for a short period only. Back in 2013 I had heard that by 2016 it would be it's own HS. I just heard again at a Card's JV game last week that they were giving it three more years. So, 2021 might see three HS's in Harlingen. Only thing stopping it right now is the fact that HHS has always been in the highest classification and school administrators are trying to keep it that way.

Reality is none of us know. These are all rumors.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Thread Information