• Eagles by <7

3 20.00%
  • Eagles by >10

9 60.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Heisman Winner

Default Harlingen vs Hanna......Saturday @ 7pm

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Back to business. Get in a great week of practice.... MTXE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    Game has been changed to 2:00 on Saturday.

Hanna bends Cards D over and runs away with it -
    those who serve the best .....profit the most-

Immortal

With southe win over lf do the cards playoff cHanes become somewhat questionable? I know card fans are questioning the play calling but do they have enough talent to make it to the knockout round? That being said I have to take Hanna in this one....after me doubting because Hanna hasn't been a consistent program they have been building off last year's team and I believe should be a contender for the dc

Hanna wins.

I’ll say it now...Hanna is going to win district and Harlingen is heading to another year in which they’ll miss the playoffs.

All Star

My Eagles are flying high right now and will only keep it going they're here to prove all those doubters and haters saying it was a fluke season last year. And in case you did not attend yesterdays game it seem like Texas Tech was out there and Kliff Kingsbury had the air raid defense going strong! Any way yes it was Rivera and everyone has scored at will on them but I will obviously take my Eagles on this one by +16 our defense isn't as big as most or like SB but we make up for it!

Varsity

If Hanna’s qb wears a blindfold, Hanna’s receivers run on one leg, Hanna’s running back(s) tie both hands behind their backs and carry the ball with their mouth, and Hanna’s offensive line fires out from a prone position, then it should be a close game that could go either way.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    If Hanna’s qb wears a blindfold, Hanna’s receivers run on one leg, Hanna’s running back(s) tie both hands behind their backs and carry the ball with their mouth, and Hanna’s offensive line fires out from a prone position, then it should be a close game that could go either way.
    Don't know if this is sarcasm or not but what it is; is funny

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Don't know if this is sarcasm or not but what it is; is funny
    Itís not sarcasm. Itís frustration mixed with a sprinkle of remorse and a dash of reality. Thereís zero discipline (coaches fault on that one) as evident by the amount of penalties from last nightís game which spills over to the off season (each playerís responsibility) to prepare for the next season. Other teams in our district get faster, stronger, and more aggressive. Iím guessing our players have fun at spring break and an awesome relaxing summer based on the past 3 year down hill spiral.

All Star

It’s not sarcasm. It’s frustration mixed with a sprinkle of remorse and a dash of reality. There’s zero discipline (coaches fault on that one) as evident by the amount of penalties from last night’s game which spills over to the off season (each player’s responsibility) to prepare for the next season. Other teams in our district get faster, stronger, and more aggressive. I’m guessing our players have fun at spring break and an awesome relaxing summer based on the past 3 year down hill spiral.
    Not just you guys I can tell you how many athletes from the lower valley schools where training this off-season from Spring right up to the start of the season and some that still get some work on their own time as we speak. I do not know how many kids from Harlingen schools are seeking that training but you are right it does show come season who's been going strong and who's been hitting the beach and relaxing during the summer and spring

Hall of Famer

OK, so the Cards have a million to one shot of winning the game. Great, Cards have a shot of winning.
    On paper, the Eagles should win by 3 or 4 td's.
    Cards will keep it interesting for 3 quarters...... You will be surprised what pressure does to person competing on the field or on the sidelines.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post

OK, so the Cards have a million to one shot of winning the game. Great, Cards have a shot of winning.
    On paper, the Eagles should win by 3 or 4 td's.
    Cards will keep it interesting for 3 quarters...... You will be surprised what pressure does to person competing on the field or on the sidelines.
    Interesting yes it will be and a healthy Hanna team with this momentum will be tough to stop this week allowed them to open up their aerial game and save Mancias for next week!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Based on what has transpired this season and momentum ill take Hanna by 14. You still have to respect the game and your opponent and history. This game has produced upsets and they come when no one sees them coming and are unexpected. Funny I mention this for a Harlingen game versus a Brownsville opponent. I remember Lord Gomez in past years pouting and being upset at playing Brownsville schools in district and none can prepare for post season. How those comments become irrelevant today. IMHO just like Tom Chavez at Rivera I think the game has passed Lord Gomez by. I am sure Harlingen has very good kids to have a better showing than this past seasons. With the talent Harlingen has and produces just like years past they should be a DC winner or contender EVERY SINGLE SEASON. I enjoy the Eagles having a successful season but it is needed for the Cards to be near the top. Cards and underdogs dont go in same sentence. Go Eagles and shut some of my Card fans I see (not here) up and for doubting the Eagles last years game as luck and even doubting this season amd saying cards will blow out Hanna this game just watch. I dont know if they serious but its New Hanna time.
    Last edited by BFC; 10-13-2018 at 11:24 AM.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Based on what has transpired this season and momentum ill take Hanna by 14. You still have to respect the game and your opponent and history. This game has produced upsets and they come when no one sees them coming and are unexpected. Funny I mention this for a Harlingen game versus a Brownsville opponent. I remember Lord Gomez in past years pouting and being upset at playing Brownsville schools in district and none can prepare for post season. How those comments become irrelevant today. IMHO just like Tom Chavez at Rivera I think the game has passed Lord Gomez by. I am sure Harlingen has very good kids to have a better showing than this past seasons. With the talent Harlingen has and produces just like years past they should be a DC winner or contender EVERY SINGLE SEASON. I enjoy the Eagles having a successful season but it is needed for the Cards to be near the top. Cards and underdogs dont go in same sentence. Go Eagles and shut some of my Card fans I see (not here) up and for doubting the Eagles last years game as luck and even doubting this season amd saying cards will blow out Hanna this game just watch. I dont know if they serious but its New Hanna time.

Hall of Famer

Hanna scouts should know that Cards have no running game and the Offense calls a few plays. Hanna should know that the Cards have NO Defense against the run or in the air as of the game versus the Hounds. I believe the Cards have a defense but last nite we gotta give credit to the Hounds. Do not forget to look at the Cards Coaches body language and facial expressions, lack confidence, and that trickles down..
    It should be a good game and the Cards can win this game, even with all the internal scenarios. Cards the underdog.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Right here, chica.

lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post

Lord Gomez did say that and of course it’s easy to go back and comment.

The major difference is, Harlingen has been more consistent than Brownsville football or at least against those Brownsville teams Harlingen was facing. I’m not talking the past few years either.

Let’s see where Brownsville football is a few years...what happened to Hanna after 2009?

Also, it must be nice picking and choosing from six teams as well.

Anyways, Hanna will take this game.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 10-14-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Heisman Winner

I think itll be closer than some think. Hanna SHOULD win, we'll see.

Not sure how much this means, but Amarillo Tascosa beat Midland High 36-20
    on Friday. Hanna beat Tascosa handily and Midland spanked the Cards.

Thread Information