Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Diamondbacks or Tigers?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamondbacks

    6 66.67%
  • Tigers

    3 33.33%
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,297

    Default Pioneer @ Valley View

    Kinda short notice, but I think this could be for the DC... I don't think Valley View has been tested... I'll take Pioneer...

  2. #2

    Default

    Have not seen VV but one has to respect their D. I have seen Pioneer three times and IMO are getting better. This should be a very interesting game. Pioneer should win a close one.

  3. #3
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    11,013

    Default

    VV will be face a team with a winning record for the first time this year. I think the Diamond back come out on top by 10.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  4. #4
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,324

    Default

    VV 38
    SP 31
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,297

    Default

    I am marginally impressed that VV was able to fight back and get themselves back in position to win the game, but I think that was more because Pioneer let up rather than VV being good... Overall, the result is what I expected... Valley View hadn't played anyone and Pioneer is talented, but they're no worldbeaters... Pioneer should be favored to win the DC IMO, but Sharyland might have something to say about it... That being said, VV, Shary and Pioneer are the top 3 teams in 16 5A D2

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I am marginally impressed that VV was able to fight back and get themselves back in position to win the game, but I think that was more because Pioneer let up rather than VV being good... Overall, the result is what I expected... Valley View hadn't played anyone and Pioneer is talented, but they're no worldbeaters... Pioneer should be favored to win the DC IMO, but Sharyland might have something to say about it... That being said, VV, Shary and Pioneer are the top 3 teams in 16 5A D2
    Sharyland better wake up and not play as sloppy as they did the first half against EE. By now the staff should know who their starters are. If they don't they will have a tough time with Pioneer and VV.




    e

  7. #7
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    842

    Default


    Ill take pioneer. Idk if vv has been punched back yet.

  8. #8
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    11,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Sharyland better wake up and not play as sloppy as they did the first half against EE. By now the staff should know who their starters are. If they don't they will have a tough time with Pioneer and VV.




    e
    So Sharyland played sloppy and E-E defense in the first half had Nothing to do with it. Your passing got you the win. Your defense step it it up and your team made some good adjustments.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    So Sharyland played sloppy and E-E defense in the first half had Nothing to do with it. Your passing got you the win. Your defense step it it up and your team made some good adjustments.
    lmka, no offense meant your team played inspired football in spite of only a couple of days preparation for the Rattlers but the rattlers were flat and sloppy until No. 12 went in. Your defense was playing hard all night.

  10. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    So Sharyland played sloppy and E-E defense in the first half had Nothing to do with it. Your passing got you the win. Your defense step it it up and your team made some good adjustments.
    No, EE Defense had everything to do with it... Our starting QB couldn't get anything going, we needed to switch QBs just to move the ball.

  11. #11
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    11,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    No, EE Defense had everything to do with it... Our starting QB couldn't get anything going, we needed to switch QBs just to move the ball.
    Your second half adjustment were very good. Got to give props to your OC.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  12. #12
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Your second half adjustment were very good. Got to give props to your OC.
    No, the only adjustment was using Oscar at QB and allowing him to execute...

  13. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Your second half adjustment were very good. Got to give props to your OC.
    Adjustments and the Shary D not giving up a touchdown on any other trick plays and not giving up a kick return for td. Score could have looked a lot worse than it was.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Your second half adjustment were very good. Got to give props to your OC.
    All adjustments happened after the second drive.
    “Valdez was a perfect 8 for 8 passing for 180 yards, two touchdown passes and two rushing touchdowns in the Rattlers’ 47-21 triumph over Edcouch-Elsa in Week 7. Sharyland High trailed Edcouch-Elsa 7-3 early in the second quarter, but took a 17-14 lead into the locker room.”

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Your second half adjustment were very good. Got to give props to your OC.
    DP*”
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 10-15-2018 at 11:35 PM.

  16. #16

    Default

    This game is POSSIBLY for the DC and it only has 15 posts lol

  17. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    This game is POSSIBLY for the DC and it only has 15 posts lol
    Not sure about that. ..

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Not sure about that. ..
    Yep, meant that post on the Shary - Diamondbacks thread.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •