Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Immortal

I found out yesterday the OC Osvaldo Pena was one of the 10 finalist for the HC at E-E when Chavez was hired.
    Last edited by lmka; 10-07-2018 at 07:27 AM.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Pena coached where and title?
    Cardenas who and title?
    Navarro coached where before?

Chavez coached where? And record? I guess my point is no matter who is there the HC at EE will always have a hard time because too many superfans know what is best there. It fills the kids brains at home on what is what and they become confused and conflicted. Here is the secret at EE they were good because they had to be good. The kids had a feeling they needed to be good. EE does not have alot of top top tier STATE level athletes (running 4.4 and 4.5 40 yard dashes) but they did have state level respect, but because their work ethic and attitude was at that level.
    Find a good coach and leave him alone... Back in the Robert Vela days the Superintendent protected the education system from interference by the community and it prospered and so did the athletics. Now its a matter of fact that a maintenance worker probably has more say than a professional. I do not know if Chavez would have been succesful but from the outside looking in NO good Coach is going to come in without the understanding and commitment by the POWER PLAYERS in Elsa to stay out of his WAY. Or else all you will get will be coaches that are trying to start their HC careers and trampoline out and coaches with losing records trying to keep their head above water. Dont agree its ok call this false please dont fool yourselves, first start by identifying the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Tony Villarreal is not coaching right now. Bring him in right now. That way the kids will get the knowledge how his system works for next year. His a proven winner everywhere his coaches.
    Don't think the slot T will be of ANY help to ANY team in the valley that is trying to trend upwards.

Crazy how politics run this city. From their TYFA being run by someone who is profiting AND has NEVER actually played football to them hiring their former coaches son?? Ridiculous.
    Last edited by Txsooner956; 10-07-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    Don't think the slot T will be of ANY help to ANY team in the valley that is trying to trend upwards.
    You know so much then you should tell us
    That's a dumb statement

Rang66 why you mad?
    Last edited by Txsooner956; 10-07-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Immortal

Crazy how politics run this city. From their TYFA being run by someone who is profiting AND has NEVER actually played football to them hiring their former coaches son?? Ridiculous.
    All the coaches on the TYFA Football Program have played football . Most played for The Jackets at one time. The reason La Maquina was good was because most of the Jacket Coaches played for E-E in high school. When Solis was there he did have his sons on the ciaching staff. How many titles did he win. How many playoff wins did he have. Now the advantage of having Ex-Jacket players as coaches is when thing were going wrong a simple phrase would fire up a player no matter how good he was "THIS IS NOT JACKET FOOTBALL". WHY WOULD THIS WORK. Coming from coaches that used to play for winning Jacket teams they would listen. Yes politic run this city. But than again name me a city in the Valley that it doesn't run.

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    All the coaches on the TYFA Football Program have played football . Most played for The Jackets at one time. The reason La Maquina was good was because most of the Jacket Coaches played for E-E in high school. When Solis was there he did have his sons on the ciaching staff. How many titles did he win. How many playoff wins did he have. Now the advantage of having Ex-Jacket players as coaches is when thing were going wrong a simple phrase would fire up a player no matter how good he was "THIS IS NOT JACKET FOOTBALL". WHY WOULD THIS WORK. Coming from coaches that used to play for winning Jacket teams they would listen. Yes politic run this city. But than again name me a city in the Valley that it doesn't run.
    Harlingen, now, has a lot of former players as coaches and stink offensively.

Retired Super Moderator

Rang66 why you mad?
    Probably because you're low key trashing Tony V., which, to my knowledge is against Forum rules.

Immortal

I don't think he's trashing Tony v....he's simply giving his opinion on the slot t....

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Harlingen, now, has a lot of former players as coaches and stink offensively.
    It might of not work for Harlingen but it work for E-E.

Retired Football Guru

He's the best qualified at the present moment. Slot-T or not he's won everywhere he's gone.

EE admin can't be picky after the fact; with the debacle they've created.

If they want the Yellowjackets to win ...get Tony V and get out of the way.

EE football success was founded on a strong running game, stout defense, and solid special teams by Robert Vela and staff in the late '80s.

EE admin at this point has to do damage control and get to figuring out what direction they want the program to go cause the ship is sinking fast.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Probably because you're low key trashing Tony V., which, to my knowledge is against Forum rules.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I don't think he's trashing Tony v....he's simply giving his opinion on the slot t....
    That's why I said "low key".

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    The slot t is just an offense . The Tony v factor is a totally different dimension. 2 bad years in 12 seasons. He has winning percentages against every program in the valley . If E-E picks him up .. you are now game planning against a hall of fame coach , which got him there using the SLOT -T . He has coached 3 of my sons and all are district, bi district and area and (one ) regional appearances. But moreso he makes them into responsible young men . He’s a proven winner ! I ll buy season tickets to see the jackets run it down everyone else’s throats !

Administration hire and stay out of the way... but that does not mean they get to come and get complacent and rule like GODS GIFT TO FOOTBALL. Big part of the situation it seems is that the higher ups want to be the reason things get better. You know what the HC should be Coach and AD that way there is no excuse on how to run the program oh and you wont waste as much money. When the time comes and it will come for a new coach you wont have to have anyone lurking over the position. Thirdly now you can pay more for that position the AD cannot make more than a principal, but AD/HC title with plus pay sounds real good and it will entice the upper echelon COACH to come in and run HIS program. Wouldnt that be nice? If Coach Navarro is the future so be it but EE does not need a separate coordinator Head coach.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by el stumpyonne View Post
    The slot t is just an offense . The Tony v factor is a totally different dimension. 2 bad years in 12 seasons. He has winning percentages against every program in the valley . If E-E picks him up .. you are now game planning against a hall of fame coach , which got him there using the SLOT -T . He has coached 3 of my sons and all are district, bi district and area and (one ) regional appearances. But moreso he makes them into responsible young men . He’s a proven winner ! I ll buy season tickets to see the jackets run it down everyone else’s throats !
    Yes he did have a good record and gave the panthers many winning seasons. That being said the panthers only got out of the second round one time and that was with mishak rivas as a senior. I think maybe the sot t might work in a lower classification playoff wise. But if ee want's him then they should go get him. Is there a reason other teams haven't picked him up?

Quote Originally Posted by el stumpyonne View Post
    Even vs. Harlingen?

I’m not taking the homer angle here...just curious.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
    Administration hire and stay out of the way... but that does not mean they get to come and get complacent and rule like GODS GIFT TO FOOTBALL. Big part of the situation it seems is that the higher ups want to be the reason things get better. You know what the HC should be Coach and AD that way there is no excuse on how to run the program oh and you wont waste as much money. When the time comes and it will come for a new coach you wont have to have anyone lurking over the position. Thirdly now you can pay more for that position the AD cannot make more than a principal, but AD/HC title with plus pay sounds real good and it will entice the upper echelon COACH to come in and run HIS program. Wouldnt that be nice? If Coach Navarro is the future so be it but EE does not need a separate coordinator Head coach.
    I had heard that Navarro is a soldier and will do what he is told. I didn’t know what that meant because it cld be in a negative way and maybe even positive.

I wonder what will happen to Navarro's employment status at the end of the season if he can't save the remainder of the season with a high percentage of wins.

Thread Information