Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Who wins?!?!?!?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sharyland

    11 91.67%
  • Edcouch-Elsa

    1 8.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handy manny View Post
    Different Coach same results. Not impressed with the play of the Jackets. This team has completely lost it's identity. Well I am sorry I am lying. They are being shown how to make shaddy deals to get what you want. I was in shock to hear about everything that went on for there to be a change of head coach and especially at the DC position.
    HM, you can't blame their DC they shut Shary's Edgar Longoria down... We neeed Oscar to save the day, EE has some good kids... If ANYONE wants to blame ANYONE... Blame their corrupt school board who have CHEATED those kids from what was once a proud RGV tradition... EEISD should be ashamed of themselves because they've made a mockery of Yellow Jacket football...

  2. #62
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handy manny View Post
    Different Coach same results. Not impressed with the play of the Jackets. This team has completely lost it's identity. Well I am sorry I am lying. They are being shown how to make shaddy deals to get what you want. I was in shock to hear about everything that went on for there to be a change of head coach and especially at the DC position.
    Sour grapes?

  3. #63
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handy manny View Post
    Different Coach same results. Not impressed with the play of the Jackets. This team has completely lost it's identity. Well I am sorry I am lying. They are being shown how to make shaddy deals to get what you want. I was in shock to hear about everything that went on for there to be a change of head coach and especially at the DC position.
    There were somethings going on with the DC of the field that needed to be address. What you should ask if we the E-E fans saw some results last night. I for one did see some change in type team proformance that I likes. Your a coach do you honestly want to say that in 3 practices you thought E-E would make a complete turn around. Come on Handy Manny your not that naive. Like I said I like and I do believe the Slot-T will work because it has always worked at E-E. You used to coach at E-E when my son played in 2007. Tell me HM how many DC and playoff wins has the Slot-T given E-E.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  4. #64

    Default

    I have seen the Jackets play twice this year and although I do not agree with the mid-season coaching change I think it is unfair to expect too much of the players with a different coach and new offense. The jackets played hard all night and never quit. I think they will only get better and may win some games. Good Luck!

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    There were somethings going on with the DC of the field that needed to be address. What you should ask if we the E-E fans saw some results last night. I for one did see some change in type team proformance that I likes. Your a coach do you honestly want to say that in 3 practices you thought E-E would make a complete turn around. Come on Handy Manny your not that naive. Like I said I like and I do believe the Slot-T will work because it has always worked at E-E. You used to coach at E-E when my son played in 2007. Tell me HM how many DC and playoff wins has the Slot-T given E-E.
    Slot t will work in 4a and maybe 5a but once in the playoffs it's going nowhere. Like you said, it worked back in 2007 when elsa, psja north and weslaco executed it but that's more than 10 yrs ago. Offensive strategies have evolved. Weslaco had to let go of Tony V because that non exsitient pass game wasn't getting us far. We evolved and now spread the ball out more than ever. Slot T is dead.
    Last edited by Txsooner956; 10-13-2018 at 01:29 PM.

  6. #66
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    Slot t will work in 4a and maybe 5a but once in the playoffs it's going nowhere. Like you said, it worked back in 2007 when elsa, psja north and weslaco executed it but that's more than 10 yrs ago. Offensive strategies have evolved. Weslaco had to let go of Tony V because that non exsitient pass game wasn't getting us far. We evolved and now spread the ball out more than ever. Slot T is dead.
    I brought 2007 because Handy Manny was an asst at E-E at the time. During Velas and Solis Era they ran the Slot-T at E-E. It will work in any clasdification. Almost every team is starting to switch to the spread. So what happens if that team doesn't have a good passing QB. Better yet during bad weather.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  7. #67
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Oh I agree the Slot T will work just think back it was a combination of Slot T and Spread. I just really think you want to get back to tradition do it the right way.

  8. #68
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    Slot t will work in 4a and maybe 5a but once in the playoffs it's going nowhere. Like you said, it worked back in 2007 when elsa, psja north and weslaco executed it but that's more than 10 yrs ago. Offensive strategies have evolved. Weslaco had to let go of Tony V because that non exsitient pass game wasn't getting us far. We evolved and now spread the ball out more than ever. Slot T is dead.
    Yet they stopped cavazos and it was over what happened to spreading the ball around.
    Like I said on anothet thread you weslaco peeps have a good year seem to be all over the place giving advice etc
    You guys lost or do you count moral victories. What a joke

  9. #69
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    Yet they stopped cavazos and it was over what happened to spreading the ball around.
    Like I said on anothet thread you weslaco peeps have a good year seem to be all over the place giving advice etc
    You guys lost or do you count moral victories. What a joke
    lol you’ve been dying for weslaco to finally lose one to go another tony v fanboy rant haven’t you haha, txsooner has a point, look at Economedes the only 6a team left in the rgv still running the SLOT T, weslaco and the spread offense beat them 44-0, and they’ve been struggling to move the ball on any formidable oppt, and we’ve always been around on this forum posting wherever, even when we went 3-6 last yr so that statement is hilarious. Get a new hobbie already fanboy. Go follow the jaguars around, since your hooked on that slot t. What a joke.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 10-13-2018 at 05:32 PM.

  10. #70
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    lol you’ve been dying for weslaco to finally lose one to go another tony v fanboy rant haven’t you haha, txsooner has a point, look at Economedes the only 6a team left in the rgv still running the SLOT T, weslaco and the spread offense beat them 44-0, and they’ve been struggling to move the ball on any formidable oppt, and we’ve always been around on this forum posting wherever, even when we went 3-6 last yr so that statement is hilarious. Get a new hobbie already fanboy. Go follow the jaguars around, since your hooked on that slot t. What a joke.
    Ok you win go have your cookie.
    Go win a state championship
    Like your ad said
    SMH. Last year all quiet now they are all knowing

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •