28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vela Sabercats

18 64.29%
  • Weslaco Panthers

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Heisman Winner

Default Vela vs Weslaco @ Bobby Lacky Stadium Fri 10/12/18

Letís get this started....... GOW. Both teams coming off big wins over Econ. Both teams undefeated, and looking very well at this point. Iím going to go ahead and say it, this will be for the district title. Vela with something to lose and Weslaco something to gain if they win. Salinas has his panthers believing, that school has always had talented just hadn't been used wisely these past few years IMO. Salinas will bring this program back I guarantee it, hes a great coach. Iím excited for this game and Iím sure a lot of people would agree. Game to go watch folks. Itís On!

Heisman Winner

Sorry, Bobby Lackey Stadium

Immortal

And now ladies and gentleman it's time for the main event of the evening. Let's get ready to rumblllllllllle. Good story lines for this matchup. Former vela coach going against his former team. Two undefeated programs. District title implications on the line.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Let’s get this started....... GOW. Both teams coming off big wins over Econ. Both teams undefeated, and looking very well at this point. I’m going to go ahead and say it, this will be for the district title. Vela with something to lose and Weslaco something to gain if they win. Salinas has his panthers believing, that school has always had talented just hadn't been used wisely these past few years IMO. Salinas will bring this program back I guarantee it, hes a great coach. I’m excited for this game and I’m sure a lot of people would agree. Game to go watch folks. It’s On!
    Vela 56
    Weslaco 35

Vela's Defense will create costly turnovers vs Weslaco. Doesn't Vela's D has scored at least one TD off of TOs this season??
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Immortal

This is a mirror match...both offense's have playmaking qbs and good rbs. Similar style....Bobby lackey will be rocking.

Immortal

I'm sure the panther staff was at this game tonight to see vela...they've had a week to prepare. They should be ready.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I'm sure the panther staff was at this game tonight to see vela...they've had a week to prepare. They should be ready.
    They were I was sitting next to them, they left by halftime. Game was over by then

Immortal

Every coachING staff is responsible for scouting there opponents...hopefully the panthers saw some things that can work and can use them next week. Of course seeing it from the stands and doing it on the field is two different things, that being said you got to do your homework on your opponents and I'm sure Salinas and co. Got what they were looking for.

Heisman Winner

Let’s get this started....... GOW. Both teams coming off big wins over Econ. Both teams undefeated, and looking very well at this point. I’m going to go ahead and say it, this will be for the district title. Vela with something to lose and Weslaco something to gain if they win. Salinas has his panthers believing, that school has always had talented just hadn't been used wisely these past few years IMO. Salinas will bring this program back I guarantee it, hes a great coach. I’m excited for this game and I’m sure a lot of people would agree. Game to go watch folks. It’s On!

This is a mirror match...both offense's have playmaking qbs and good rbs. Similar style....Bobby lackey will be rocking.
    Sorry truth, no mirror match here... Weslaco hasnt played no one yet... There about to find out how good they really are... We know how good vela is.... Vela pulls away at the end. First half will be close... Vela by 21... But if you all win my props to you guys.. Until nxt wk... Good luck to your panthers... GO CARDS

Immortal

I know the panthers are the next team up for vela and all focus is on them. Granted this game will have district title implications but you can't count out the wildcats just yet. In fact if east wins there remaining games, they will play the panthers in the second to the last game aND face vela in the final game of district. That's a long way down the road...but vela should treat this game with the panthers as a district title game cause the panthers are coming to play and they will play hard. Vela has already played probably one of the toughest non district schedules in the valley...really wanting to see if the panther d can get to the sabercats.

I know the panthers are the next team up for vela and all focus is on them. Granted this game will have district title implications but you can't count out the wildcats just yet. In fact if east wins there remaining games, they will play the panthers in the second to the last game aND face vela in the final game of district. That's a long way down the road...but vela should treat this game with the panthers as a district title game cause the panthers are coming to play and they will play hard. Vela has already played probably one of the toughest non district schedules in the valley...really wanting to see if the panther d can get to the sabercats.
    Your right, vela has played a tough schedule... I see them going undefeated... Like i said good luck to your panthers... The only close game and low scoreing game you all have played was with harlingen south.. They played you guys well... Vela is way better than south... Thats why i dont see you all winning this game... Again good luck to you all next week..

Hall of Famer

Vela by 21
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    Vela by 21
    Ouch....vela does have that ability to turn a close game into a route in the blink of an eye. It will be a tough task for the delay but I think they are up to the challenge. I know the panthers had some key injuries on defense hopefully someone has an update on those key players. That being said even with those players out they still pitched a shutout against econ. Now econ hasn't been a scoring machine this year I believe most of the games they haven't scored over 20 points, but coming off that shutout the panther d should be going into this with confidence

Hall of Famer

Ouch....vela does have that ability to turn a close game into a route in the blink of an eye. It will be a tough task for the delay but I think they are up to the challenge. I know the panthers had some key injuries on defense hopefully someone has an update on those key players. That being said even with those players out they still pitched a shutout against econ. Now econ hasn't been a scoring machine this year I believe most of the games they haven't scored over 20 points, but coming off that shutout the panther d should be going into this with confidence
    The LF/Vela game was close for the first half and then Vela turned it on to shut the Falcons out.
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Immortal

Here's the game today with vela and econ....not muchange pressure on the qb by vela in the first half but the secondary was pretty stout. You can't give Jacob cavasos time back there the guy will find the open receiver or he'll take off and make a play. It's been an eye opener for the jaguars following non district, where there defense wasn't giving up many points but vs. The panthers and vela they gave up 40+. It was a huge step up in competition. I'm hoping the panthers won't fall into that trap and control the ball on the ground to keep the ball out of vela's hands, that's the way you beat the sabercats. Chew the clock and keep the ball out of their offense hands.

https://youtu.be/Jq0KMS856tc
    Last edited by Truth; 10-06-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Heisman Winner

^^^ Gipson might be eligible to play this next game against the Panthers. He hasn’t played a down yet for the Sabercats. He would definitely make a difference on the pass rush. And staring OLB Justice Rivera has been out for several games, he will be coming back against the panthers. There’s also several guys that are banged up on D.....SS, MLB and both CB so they have been rotating them in and out. Hope to have everyone healthy to give y’all a good game.

Immortal

^^^ Gipson might be eligible to play this next game against the Panthers. He hasn’t played a down yet for the Sabercats. He would definitely make a difference on the pass rush. And staring OLB Justice Rivera has been out for several games, he will be coming back against the panthers. There’s also several guys that are banged up on D.....SS, MLB and both CB so they have been rotating them in and out. Hope to have everyone healthy to give y’all a good game.
    I agree....

I agree....
    Sorry guys, even with all your healthy players you all wnt win... Vela right now is the team to beat.. Wish you all good luck.. But if you beat them my props to you guys. But until then, vela by 21...

Immortal

Well you got me fired up for this one, nice recap lol.

Thread Information