• Cardinals by >10

0 0%
  • Greyhounds by <7

3 17.65%
  • Greyhounds by >10

6 35.29%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Tackling was Awful! Defense is trying to make hits! Tackle and wrap! Heck get to the opponent and wrap him and stop him! Secondary was Awful! Hounds Receivers were wide open on broken plays. Congrats to the Hounds QB for making things happen.
    Congrats to the San Benito Greyhounds.
    Battle of the Arroyo Champions! Again....
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    Hounds Coaches, Players and even fans Confidence was higher before and after the game than Harlingens Confidence.

This Harlingen Cardinal Formula has the San Benito Hounds Winning Huge next year at Boggus Stadium.
    Hounds have a young team and I believe the Hounds QB is a Sophomore?

Yes, San Benito's Gomez is flying High. The Best Coach and team in the RGV right now.
    I believe thatís heís a senior. Our running back is a sophomore.

Hall of Famer

Way to Go Hounds! BOTA Champs once again!!!

Great game cards it was a game all the way till the forth quarter!

So many penalties but all in all a good contest in front of a packed house! Great to be spotlighted in the Great American rivalry series!

Congrats hounds..........

Immortal

It's safe to say Dan gomez has the formula to beat the cards.

Heisman Winner

Good win Hounds. Yes, Jacob Cavazos is a senior and happy we don’t have to see him again. I’ve mentioned before I know JC and his father. I ran into Henry over the summer and he telling me how he couldn’t get Jacob out of the weight room and how he was out there even on Sundays. First thing is I come across lots of dads who exaggerate like a mofo about their boys but Henry isn’t that type so I kinda believed him. After last night I fully believe him. That boy wouldn’t go down. Poor tackling, probably but more than anything JC imposed his will. Good luck the rest of the way.

The tackling was very poor which is disappointing because earlier in the year we saw very good, sound tackling.

Varsity

Did anyone get a number on the amount of accumulated penalty yards? I think the Cards kicked the living you know what out of the Hounds in penalties so at least we won that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    Did anyone get a number on the amount of accumulated penalty yards? I think the Cards kicked the living you know what out of the Hounds in penalties so at least we won that challenge.
    Easily over a hundred...five or so unsportsmanlike, two to three false starts, a kick out of bounds, and a hold or two.

Heisman Winner

One drive alone had 3 personal fouls. Ridiculous.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    The tackling was very poor which is disappointing because earlier in the year we saw very good, sound tackling.
    Going into game I had more confidence in our defense,but last night defense didnít show up! Itís kinda hard to play when defense players take days off during the work week... when you do sprints once a week and going into wiegjt room once a week or so it shows in game.. and if coaches are telling them itís ok take it easy cuz you play hard on Friday night... that doesnít cut it!!!!! WE DIDNT MAKE SN PUNT ONCE IN THE GAME and when they were going to they faked it but didnít complete... NOT ONCE DIS SB PUNT

Hall of Famer

Gotta give a lot of credit to the Hounds players for making things happen, especially the Hounds QB.
    Hounds Manny has a Big edge on the Cards Manny, 4-1 WINS... and gonna add to it.

Coach Dan Gomez, Quote: "It is a testament to our coaching staff and how well they prepared our kids"

MTXE

I wonder if that was the same case for the Big Red Cardinals.

This Win was a good steroid injection to fuel the Hounds for another District Crown.
    This loss deflated the Cardinals team. Gotta work Harder now.... Next up the Mighty Hanna Eagles.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Varsity

Just another point as to how sad the Cards situation is, normally this thread would be full of justified smack talking from the Hounds to the Cards. This year, there is none. I think some of that is just old fashion good sportsmanship but some of it could be sympathy. It’s as if the emotional high of beating the Cards has officially lost its luster and is now more of an expectation (Hounds will beat the Cards) than something of a “I hope we beat the Cards”. There is a huge weight on the Cards right now and I’m doubtful that the current program is capable of getting rid of it.

Heisman Winner

For years the feeling was Cards are expected to win while the Hounds were hoping they would win. The roles are currently reversed. I also liked that Dan Gomez statement. Red2 and I will most likely disagree on this point but our coaching doesn’t seem to be there. Then again he may be more in the know than I.

I’ve talked to a coach or two and they say it’s the coaching. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    Just another point as to how sad the Cards situation is, normally this thread would be full of justified smack talking from the Hounds to the Cards. This year, there is none. I think some of that is just old fashion good sportsmanship but some of it could be sympathy. It’s as if the emotional high of beating the Cards has officially lost its luster and is now more of an expectation (Hounds will beat the Cards) than something of a “I hope we beat the Cards”. There is a huge weight on the Cards right now and I’m doubtful that the current program is capable of getting rid of it.
    Nah, that emotional high is definitely still there. But you’re right, the expectations to beat Harlingen ARE there. And they have been since Dan Gomez came into town. The way I see it, my Hounds should be 5-0 in the Dan Gomez era of the BOTA.

I once read a quote by Jim Helms in the paper, and I remember him saying something along the lines of “There’s no reason why San Benito should ever lose to Harlingen.” And I can’t speak for every San Benito player or fan, but I’ve always felt the same way. I think that Gomez has people believing that.

Heisman Winner

I’ve talked to a coach or two and they say it’s the coaching. Lol!
    Bout time they get one thing right. Geez they may be next in line for a promotion.

Iíve talked to a coach or two and they say itís the coaching. Lol!
    Damm they admit it 😂

Harlingen can beat anyone in district. The problem is and why they wonít, the offensive leadership.

If Harlingenís coaches can lead the offense to its full potential, the Cardinals will win by ten. If not, theyíll lose by three scores.

Thread Information