8 47.06%
  • Cardinals by >10

0 0%
  • Greyhounds by <7

3 17.65%
  • Greyhounds by >10

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Harlingen talent is not that great this year so the coaching needs to step up and give them a better chance. Not saying there is not talent just saying it's speckled through the lineup. Midland High talent wasn't much better than Harlingen but the coaching was on a higher level than the Cardinals. On offense the Cardinals seemed too predictable on important plays. I think a team with an offense just a LITTLE better than the Cards would have put fifty on Midland.

San Benito against Harlingen should be a good game. I'm expecting a low scoring game and close enough where a turnover or two might make the difference. Harlingen coaches don't seem to know their opponents very well and that might be a plus for the Greyhounds. Homer pick CARDS BY 1.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Like I said, itís something worth discussing as opposed to complaining about officiating.

Haha, thanks for making my point, Gomer Pyle.
    Te pasas de necio burto.

Like I said, itís something worth discussing as opposed to complaining about officiating.

Haha, thanks for making my point, Gomer Pyle.
    Te pasas de necio burto.

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Te pasas de necio burto.
    Yea, still nothing.

Carry on.

Heisman Winner

The 2 teams that beat SB are way better than the 2 that beat the Cards, SB 35 Cards 14

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    The 2 teams that beat SB are way better than the 2 that beat the Cards, SB 35 Cards 14
    Not that it really matters but SB has lost to CalAllen, United, and Midland Lee. Harlingen has lost to Weslaco East and Midland. Both teams looked good against the teams they beat and looked just about as horrible as the teams they lost to. I don't agree that you can tell who's gonna win simply because of the teams they've lost to.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Heisman Winner

LOL! SB has faced better competition thus far. Now tell me, how will that factor into this game Kimosabe?

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BadFrank View Post
    This one will come down to the wire I think and definitely worth watching. Both defenses are great maybe even tops in the valley. Both offenses can and have exploded for big numbers at any given moment. Whoeverís offense shows up will win. Gonna be a homer and pick my Cards in a close one.
    If thats the case, so is Easts defense.
    Ill take the cards

Heisman Winner

How do you and others on this forum continue to think a winner can be determined based on who a teams lost to? Matchups, coaching, game planning familiarity with teams no stock in that?

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by East956 View Post
    If thats the case, so is Easts defense.
    Ill take the cards
    For sure, WE defense is no joke but then again they always have a good defense. This season the SB defense doesn’t have the stats cuz of games against Cal, ML and LU. But don’t be fooled there defense is top tier.

Halinche by 14 on this one.... Good luck san bene, GO CARDS...

Immortal

After a somewhat dissapointing nondistrict stretch for both squads (of course taking the level of competition into consideration) it's time for the coaches to give that speech where the past is the past and the season starts today. Pivotal first game for both teams. I still believe both teams will make the playoffs. It's a rivalry...which coach can get there team refocused and get back on track with a w.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    After a somewhat dissapointing nondistrict stretch for both squads (of course taking the level of competition into consideration) it's time for the coaches to give that speech where the past is the past and the season starts today. Pivotal first game for both teams. I still believe both teams will make the playoffs. It's a rivalry...which coach can get there team refocused and get back on track with a w.
    Agree truth... GO MIGHTY CARDS... AND GO TEXAS (HOOK EM HORNS)...

San Benito by +10
    PRIDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE

Immortal

By far the QUIETEST Bota thread of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Lol, been thinking that the past few days.

No houndfan for starters and both teams are coming off big losses.

Hate to say it, but SB is going to take it again unless Harlingen can get its offense going...which it probably won’t.

Immortal

Lol, been thinking that the past few days.

No houndfan for starters and both teams are coming off big losses.

Hate to say it, but SB is going to take it again unless Harlingen can get its offense going...which it probably won’t.
    I mean come on this thread started 2 wks ago and it’s just on 2 pages, nombe for sure houndfan is a miss, yeah honestly this one will be a tough one to pick on this weeks pick em which I’m sure it will be on there.

Heisman Winner

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    No point in posting. This years SB team is even better than last years team that went 10-0 and three rounds deep. Why show up or waste time posting.

Thread Information