0 0%
  • Greyhounds by <7

3 17.65%
  • Greyhounds by >10

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Heisman Winner

Default BOTA!!! 10/12 7:30 @ Morrow Stadium

Week 1 of district play. Team that takes this will most likely battle Hanna for district crown. Thoughts...Lets hear it!

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Hanna gets a week to rest and heal up then faces Rivera. They win in first half and let subs play second half.

LF plays Harlingen South and wins.

SB takes Harlingen in BOTA.

DC should be decided 10/26 in Hanna at SB. Don't think LF or Harlingen will possess the goods to topple Hanna or San Benito. That said, never count out the influence of fumbles, interceptions, untimely injuries to impact players, and most importantly all too common poor officiating from some of the Valley crews.

Whhhaaa, Edinburg Vela.

Geez, get over it.

Harlingen can beat anyone in district. The problem is and why they won’t, the offensive leadership.

If Harlingen’s coaches can lead the offense to its full potential, the Cardinals will win by ten. If not, they’ll lose by three scores.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Harlingen can beat anyone in district. The problem is and why they won’t, the offensive leadership.

If Harlingen’s coaches can lead the offense to its full potential, the Cardinals will win by ten. If not, they’ll lose by three scores.
    It is what it is. Get over it.

Retired Football Guru

Galvan showed some running skills. Even though the Cards were down they managed to put up 31 to finish the game. They could've checked out bein down 30 points. The effort was there. Midland just outplayed and outcoached the Cards in the first half. Got to play 48 minutes!

If the Cards build off the good things they did vs Midland and correct the miscues the week ahead; it'll give the Cards an opportunity to win against the Hounds.

Not to take anything away from SB.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    It is what it is. Get over it.
    Yea, says the guy still over the Vela game; a singular moment that occurred weeks ago.

The Harlingen situation is ongoing therefore making it relevant to discuss.

Heisman Winner

Hanna gets a week to rest and heal up then faces Rivera. They win in first half and let subs play second half.

LF plays Harlingen South and wins.

SB takes Harlingen in BOTA.

DC should be decided 10/26 in Hanna at SB. Don't think LF or Harlingen will possess the goods to topple Hanna or San Benito. That said, never count out the influence of fumbles, interceptions, untimely injuries to impact players, and most importantly all too common poor officiating from some of the Valley crews.
    Well, your boy scout "believes" this team is potentially better than last seasons team and if that's the case, this game shouldn't even be close.

My thought on that, last seasons team would have litup the score board today vs Midland Lee, if not shown some sign of life. Just saying!
    Last edited by BRWC; 09-29-2018 at 07:44 PM.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Hall of Famer

San Benitos offense has seemed to have disappeared these past couple of games...I honestly don’t know what to expect

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound24 View Post
    San Benitos offense has seemed to have disappeared these past couple of games...I honestly don’t know what to expect
    Finally, a rational post. Whichever team manages to right the ship will win. I’m not gonna sit here and say Harlingen will win, but I will say they’ve got the players to take care of business. It’s gonna be tough as SB will be coming in hungry.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Yea, says the guy still over the Vela game; a singular moment that occurred weeks ago.

The Harlingen situation is ongoing therefore making it relevant to discuss.
    And you know, all that crying has cleared up all my sinus problems. The Vela loss turned out to be a good thing! What good things have happened to you as a result the Cards' stellar performances the past two weeks? Good Night Archie Bunker.

Haven't paid too much attn to this district. Who do you all think will be the top 4 teams to make the playoffs?...this is for the fans with insight to the district...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    Finally, a rational post. Whichever team manages to right the ship will win. Iím not gonna sit here and say Harlingen will win, but I will say theyíve got the players to take care of business. Itís gonna be tough as SB will be coming in hungry.
    If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I might have been more confident in saying SB will win...granted Midland Lee and Laredo United are different teams than PSJA and Victoria West it has been absolutely horrible offensively recently.

Pulling for my Hounds of course as always and I think they are still capable of winning...but that is far from a sure thing against the Cards and the rest of 32-6A.

Quote Originally Posted by Txsooner956 View Post
    Haven't paid too much attn to this district. Who do you all think will be the top 4 teams to make the playoffs?...this is for the fans with insight to the district...
    As of right now, I’d go

1. Hannah
    2. Harlingen
    3. San Benito
    4. Los Fresnos

Quote Originally Posted by Resaca City Gold View Post
    As of right now, Iíd go

1. Hannah
    2. Harlingen
    3. San Benito
    4. Los Fresnos
    Thanks for the feedback. First round looking like it's going to be good. Crazy how as fans we can't wait for the season to start but when our teams are good we can't wait for the playoffs lol. Good luck to your district.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post

Week 1 of district play. Team that takes this will most likely battle Hanna for district crown. Thoughts...Lets hear it!
    Harlingen H will be lucky enough to make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Unless your a lord Gomez fan you will disagree.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound24 View Post
    This one will come down to the wire I think and definitely worth watching. Both defenses are great maybe even tops in the valley. Both offenses can and have exploded for big numbers at any given moment. Whoever’s offense shows up will win. Gonna be a homer and pick my Cards in a close one.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Dude, your opinion means squat. You pick against Harlingen every game. You’d just better hope they don’t play your mustangs in the playoffs.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

And you know, all that crying has cleared up all my sinus problems. The Vela loss turned out to be a good thing! What good things have happened to you as a result the Cards' stellar performances the past two weeks? Good Night Archie Bunker.
    Like I said, itís something worth discussing as opposed to complaining about officiating.

Haha, thanks for making my point, Gomer Pyle.

Thread Information