Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Week 5 Top 5

  1. #1

    Default Week 5 Top 5

    Edinburg Vela
    Mission High
    Bro. Hanna
    Edinburg High
    San Benito
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,354

    Default

    1. Edinburg Vela
    2. Mission Vets
    3. Weslaco
    4. Edinburg
    5. Hanna
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  3. #3
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    11,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    1. Edinburg Vela
    2. Mission Vets
    3. Weslaco
    4. Edinburg
    5. Hanna
    I would put Hanna 4 and Edinburgh 5
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    1. Vela, unanimously
    2. Mission Eagles
    3. Edinburg
    4. Weslaco
    5. Los Fresnos

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HARLINGEN
    Posts
    4,547

    Default

    1. Vela
    2. Hanna
    3. Weslaco
    4. Los Fresnos
    5. San Benito
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

  6. #6

    Default

    La Joya has been winning pretty easily lately. Any room for them? Not really feeling Mission Vets.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,427

    Default

    Vela
    Mission Vets
    Hanna
    Mission
    Harlingen/LaJoya

    Vets over Mission because that is considered a rivalry and all bets are off in rivalry games... LaJoya and Harlingen deserve to be top 5 until one of them loses...

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Vela
    Mission Vets
    Hanna
    Mission
    Harlingen/LaJoya

    Vets over Mission because that is considered a rivalry and all bets are off in rivalry games... LaJoya and Harlingen deserve to be top 5 until one of them loses...
    Harlingen lost.

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Harlingen lost.
    Damn... I missed that... Midland looks like they suck though, y'all should win...

    Vela
    Mission Vets
    Hanna
    Mission
    LaJoya

    Those are my top 5

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WESLACO
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    La joya haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Damn... I missed that... Midland looks like they suck though, y'all should win...

    Vela
    Mission Vets
    Hanna
    Mission
    LaJoya

    Those are my top 5
    With the one way Harlingen's offense played vs. East, I'd say no.

  12. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Vela
    Mission Veterans
    Weslaco
    Hanna
    Mission
    La Joya
    Los Fresnos
    Economedes
    Edinburg
    San Benito
    Harlingen/Monte Alto

  13. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Just curious but what's the logic on a team being ranked higher than the team that beat them and is still undefeated? Rankings are for entertainment really for me so this is really just a question.
    Last edited by NOdaddyBALL; 09-26-2018 at 02:09 PM.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Vela
    Mission Veterans
    Weslaco
    Hanna
    Mission
    La Joya
    Los Fresnos
    Economedes
    Edinburg
    San Benito
    Harlingen/Monte Alto
    Nice subtle jab.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  15. #15
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
    Just curious but what's the logic on a team being ranked higher than the team that beat them and is still undefeated? Rankings are for entertainment really for me so this is really just a question.
    I have Mission veterans over mission High even though Mission beat mission veterans my rationale is it it was a rivalry game when people think of rivalry games you have to throw out each team's record. I think that overall mission veterans has a more impressive body of work then Mission high does and I believe that Hanna can beat mission high

  16. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Nice subtle jab.
    Lol I just want to be the guy who has Monte Alto in the top polls.

  17. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Good explanation. But imo sharyland poineer would destroy Brownsville vets and rio grande. Guess that's for another thread though.

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I have Mission veterans over mission High even though Mission beat mission veterans my rationale is it it was a rivalry game when people think of rivalry games you have to throw out each team's record. I think that overall mission veterans has a more impressive body of work then Mission high does and I believe that Hanna can beat mission high
    Couldn't have said it better. Straight like an arrow straight to the point.

  19. #19
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. Straight like an arrow straight to the point.

  20. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Benito, Tx
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    My Mission school rankings...

    #1. Mission
    #2. Mission Vets

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •