Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Mission Eagles @ McMemorial Thur.2018

Looking for a fun game tonight ..Mission Eagles improving each year and always give the Stangs a good fight. I'm taking Memorial over Mission .The Stangs have been playing tougher opponents so I think that gives them the more experience in toughness.

Immortal

Damn this is a great match up right of the back in district. Mission has been playing legit while memorial has been struggling on d. Mission with a chance to make a statement in the district and state that the district title goes through them? Should be a good game tomorrow. Hoping the game is streamed. Is that kid jeremy going to start? Wasn't he part of that champ youth team?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Damn this is a great match up right of the back in district. Mission has been playing legit while memorial has been struggling on d. Mission with a chance to make a statement in the district and state that the district title goes through them? Should be a good game tomorrow. Hoping the game is streamed. Is that kid jeremy going to start? Wasn't he part of that champ youth team?
    Game is next Thursday, the entire district has a bye this week.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Game is next Thursday, the entire district has a bye this week.
    Boo....guess we'll have to turn in next week...still should be a gow quality game. Anyone who's mission starting qb?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Boo....guess we'll have to turn in next week...still should be a gow quality game. Anyone who's mission starting qb?
    If Damian Gomez is ready to go I expect it to be him, if not it will be Jeremy.

I dont think the Eagles can hold the Stangs O

MVP

From what I've seen on highlights and streaming, I think this year is Missions year. The Eagles look dolid this year on both sides if the ball with a fast, aggressive, stingy defense. My prediction Eagles 24 Mustangs 17

Quote Originally Posted by H-Hammer View Post
    From what I've seen on highlights and streaming, I think this year is Missions year. The Eagles look dolid this year on both sides if the ball with a fast, aggressive, stingy defense. My prediction Eagles 24 Mustangs 17
    Nope not even close. Memorial will run all over the Eagles.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Shld be a good game....

While Mission is coming arnd they are still a young team,Huge test for them. Mission’s Gomez has played well so far, hoping the injury is t bad and he returns but Duran has looked good running the offense. Mission’s run game has looked great with Moronta and Maldonado. Defensively they are quick to the ball, my early concerns for the D was secondary but they did a good job vs a high flying Patriots team and a good size Pioneer Wr core. Of course Mctpassing threat isn’t huge they do try every now and again.

McMemorial O has looked decent with Rb Speights, O line has struggled a bit but have gotten better thru the season. Key is Sean Qb, he has looked more like a pocket Qb this year and really hasn’t shown his athletic ability running the ball. McMemorial Dline is good but thier Lb’s haven’t tackled well so far. Secondary is suspect, they have good athletes back there but miscues have hurt them.

McMemorial will more than likely impose thier smash mouth run game which has worked for them in the past and have loooonnng drives to run clock.

Is Mission up to the task and ready to take on the big bad Stangs who have controlled this district for 4 straight years?

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Nope not even close. Memorial will run all over the Eagles.
    Come on now it is the same line for every game so far this season that Mustangs will run all over or it'll be tight game or blah blah 2 big losses and the only win had to go into overtime against a weak Sharyland team who got dominated by La Joya!

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Shld be a good game....

While Mission is coming arnd they are still a young team,Huge test for them. Mission’s Gomez has played well so far, hoping the injury is t bad and he returns but Duran has looked good running the offense. Mission’s run game has looked great with Moronta and Maldonado. Defensively they are quick to the ball, my early concerns for the D was secondary but they did a good job vs a high flying Patriots team and a good size Pioneer Wr core. Of course Mctpassing threat isn’t huge they do try every now and again.

McMemorial O has looked decent with Rb Speights, O line has struggled a bit but have gotten better thru the season. Key is Sean Qb, he has looked more like a pocket Qb this year and really hasn’t shown his athletic ability running the ball. McMemorial Dline is good but thier Lb’s haven’t tackled well so far. Secondary is suspect, they have good athletes back there but miscues have hurt them.

McMemorial will more than likely impose thier smash mouth run game which has worked for them in the past and have loooonnng drives to run clock.

Is Mission up to the task and ready to take on the big bad Stangs who have controlled this district for 4 straight years?
    Jeremy looked good coming into the game unexpectedly, I'm excited to see how he looks with 2 weeks of practice as the starter under his belt. Assuming Gomez isn't ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    Come on now it is the same line for every game so far this season that Mustangs will run all over or it'll be tight game or blah blah 2 big losses and the only win had to go into overtime against a weak Sharyland team who got dominated by La Joya!
    No sir ,I never said McMemorial will run over anyone. I understand your excitement that the Eagles are 3-0 after ages and ages of nonexistent but it's way too early to count your chicks . McMemorial hasn't lost a single game to anyone from its district and I don't see it happening 2018 either. We can lose outside our district and we have scheduled good nondistrict opponents but I can't say they same about Mission H. and that could your reason why you think Eagles are legit . If you know McMemorial nondistrict history they tend to lose a couple and start slow. Any how glad to see a Mission Eagle " Fan " in the forum to debate.

No sir ,I never said McMemorial will run over anyone. I understand your excitement that the Eagles are 3-0 after ages and ages of nonexistent but it's way too early to count your chicks . McMemorial hasn't lost a single game to anyone from its district and I don't see it happening 2018 either. We can lose outside our district and we have scheduled good nondistrict opponents but I can't say they same about Mission H. and that could your reason why you think Eagles are legit . If you know McMemorial nondistrict history they tend to lose a couple and start slow. Any how glad to see a Mission Eagle " Fan " in the forum to debate.
    Wrong Eagle I’m a Hanna Eagle fan and parent.

MVP

This year the district title will be between Mission and La Joya, Memorial is weak this year.

This year the district title will be between Mission and La Joya, Memorial is weak this year.
    Agree ...Not to what we are used to but definitely better than the rest in our district. We can add Rowe to your list
    they have a chance to probably take the #2 spot. Coming into our 1st district game will give us a better picture.

Hall of Famer

Agree with Pride. The O line is improving and that is the key to the team. Win the time possession and keep the D off the field. I see Memorial improving and Mission is playing with confidence. Should be a good one. Mission may have more balance but I believe Camp and Skug will be to much . Mustangs win.

I picked Mission to win on the pick-it-contest.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Hall of Famer

I agree that Memorial is weak this year but I still expect them to beat Mission. I think you guys are hanging way too much on that Vets win.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    I agree that Memorial is weak this year but I still expect them to beat Mission. I think you guys are hanging way too much on that Vets win.
    I've seen them both play... Depends on who's QB IMO for Mission... Remember the Mission Mustangs, that is what the Mission Eagles look like... Duran to Maldonado is still a thing... I think its gonna be good, I took Mission

Awww all my old pals came over to give the Stangs some loving .
    Please come ...mi casa es su casa . You guys wanna drink some cold ones while we chit chat ?

Thread Information