Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    EHS is NOT top 5... Not yet anyway
    EHS is better than you think and undefeated, and certainly better than your rattlers. We'll both see later down the road.

Hanna isn't top 5 cause they have 1 less win and have 1 loss. Cards kinda the same thing and most likely would've lost last Friday.

I actually forgot that San Benito lost that 1st game so Vela would be #1.
    Last edited by panther85; 09-21-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    EHS is better than you think and undefeated, and certainly better than your rattlers. We'll both see later down the road.

Hanna isn't top 5 cause they have 1 less win and have 1 loss. Cards kinda the same thing and most likely would've lost last Friday.

In my opinion EHS is beating teams that they SHOULD beat. I give it till district time when they meet Weslaco, East and Vela to bring them back down to reality.
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    In my opinion EHS is beating teams that they SHOULD beat. I give it till district time when they meet Weslaco, East and Vela to bring them back down to reality.

I guess we will see on down the road, but that was only my opinion as well.

How about your team, do you believe they SHOULD beat Vela tonight?

I see Vela winning by 10.

Hall of Famer

I guess we will see on down the road, but that was only my opinion as well.

How about your team, do you believe they SHOULD beat Vela tonight?

I see Vela winning by 10.
    I believe they will put up a good fight, Montwood and Austin LBJ are better competition than Laredo United and McMemorial. The LF defense is good and can be lights out. This is the first time meeting and 32-6A has given Vela some tough games when Weslaco East beat them 2 years ago and Hanna almost pulled the upset last year.

Hall of Famer

Being down on Hanna because of that 1 loss which ia to the top team in the valley that 99 percent of the teams in the valley will lose to. Plus penalizing for 1 game less played and winning the other game played is not a reason to be down on Hanna. I would have to agree with Norcal95 on EHS. While i do believe EHS is a good team they are not top 5 right now. As for Vela at LF well LF will punch back. Im not saying they will beat Vela cause Vela should win based on seeing both teams play. Valencia will have to be very special this game for LF to win but Vela by 21.

Judson would have crushed any Valley team. In the end, Harlingen is 2-0.

Hall of Famer

Big test for your team tonight against Vela, Vela probably 10 points better.

Hall of Famer

Big test for your team tonight against Vela, Vela probably 10 points better.
    Let’s put it like this, I won’t be surprised if Vela won and I wouldn’t be surprised if Los Fresnos lost or won.

Hall of Famer

I believe they will put up a good fight, Montwood and Austin LBJ are better competition than Laredo United and McMemorial. The LF defense is good and can be lights out. This is the first time meeting and 32-6A has given Vela some tough games when Weslaco East beat them 2 years ago and Hanna almost pulled the upset last year.

I agree with most of what you’re saying, I just think Vela has a complete team this year and Los Fresnos is just beginning to find their offense. Should be a good game though.

Hall of Famer

I agree with most of what you’re saying, I just think Vela has a complete team this year and Los Fresnos is just beginning to find their offense. Should be a good game though.
    Totally understand what you are saying and I also believe it takes a certain kind of team to make a comeback the way LF did with Austin LBJ but then again LBJ isn’t Vela

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound24 View Post

Sooooo....minus a couple of posters most people on this thread have SB at #2 behind Vela but “San Benito isn’t what people think they are...” and your response is they are #2 in the RGV behind Vela...just so we’re clear

Got It!
    Shhhht!!!

Acording to trouble his Rattlers' beat a 5-5 CalAllen in the playoffs and its good enough to be his team's greatest win in school history. I have SB at #1 because I believe they'd beat Vela. That's it. Right now, SB is at the top in my book. If someone else wants to put Vela at #1 that's their opinion and I don't have any issues with it.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Hall of Famer

Totally understand what you are saying and I also believe it takes a certain kind of team to make a comeback the way LF did with Austin LBJ but then again LBJ isn’t Vela

That was a very nice comeback, no doubt that. One that will probably pay dividends sooner than expected in a very tough district.

No doubt we'll miss playing in that competitive district.

Platinum

Better than my Rattlers?? Who is talking about my Rattlers? I know I'm not, I realize your Panthers haven't been relevant in a while and you are kinda new to these rankings... EHS hasn't beaten anyone so it's kinda hard to rank them just yet.

Heisman Winner

Top five?

Hall of Famer

Better than my Rattlers?? Who is talking about my Rattlers? I know I'm not, I realize your Panthers haven't been relevant in a while and you are kinda new to these rankings... EHS hasn't beaten anyone so it's kinda hard to rank them just yet.

You’re right no one is talking about your rattlers, at least not after La Joya!!

Weslaco and EHS still undefeated!

Platinum

You’re right no one is talking about your rattlers, at least not after La Joya!!

Weslaco and EHS still undefeated!
    Undefeated vs a bunch of nobodies...

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Harlingen is to high.
    Yyyyuuuuupppppp!

Never mind the princess...she’s excited because her team is actually looking good for once (last time was 2015)

Hall of Famer

Seriously doubt that was the case at the beginning of the season or when the schedules were made. Also seriously doubt you thought you’d get blown out by La Joya when you saw them on the schedule.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Never mind the princess...she’s excited because her team is actually looking good for once (last time was 2015)
    I’m actually impressed you keep up with the Panthers fairly well.

You all didn’t exactly make the playoffs last year either, I wouldn’t over think it too much.

Are you sore cause Weslaco has better football than halinche? Halinche a much bigger city, ��. As you say.....lmbo!

Thread Information