11. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Feria

5 45.45%
  • Port Isabel

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Retired Super Moderator

Default Port Isabel Tarpons vs. La Feria Lions

Tough game for the Tarpons here. La Feria is playing well while the Tarpons are still getting their footing. The Tarpons did have a very nice showing vs. Hidalgo. Hopefully they can keep that momentum up.
    www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com

Immortal

Will the Tarpons show that their Seawall Defense is back. Or will La Feria blow out the Tarpons again like last year.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Gonna be tough, PI is gonna have to break some big runs and stop turning over the ball to be competitive.

PI by 1
    Last edited by Nfcfan; 09-17-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    ...no me hagas caso, estoy safado. Lol.

Retired Super Moderator

If I recall, there were 2 fumbles vs. Hidalgo. One of which Medina was fighting for more yards when the ball got poked out. I forget the other.

I'll be thrilled if the Tarpons beat the Lions, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. What I'm really hoping for is that the Tarpons are competitive and keep it close with La Feria. As long as the Tarpons continue to show improvement every week I'm fine with that.

There are still 2 very winnable games in non-district before district play begins. St. Joe isn't the same since they graduated Kai Money, and Grulla seems to be struggling a little bit. If the Tarpons finish non-district at 3-3, that's already an improvement over last year's win total.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nfcfan View Post
    Gonna be tough, PI is gonna have to break some big runs and stop turning over the ball to be competitive.

PI by 1
    Just curios if you got any clip time on one of the Nino brother. He got a few snaps what I heard.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TarpnForce73 View Post
    Just curios if you got any clip time on one of the Nino brother. He got a few snaps what I heard.
    Nino got some carries in the 4th after the game was well in hand. He didn't break any long runs or anything. Though to be fair, the 2nd team OL was also getting some reps at the same time.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Nino got some carries in the 4th after the game was well in hand. He didn't break any long runs or anything. Though to be fair, the 2nd team OL was also getting some reps at the same time.
    Thanks.

Hall of Famer

Saw some video on them .I think P.I.can beat them watch number 99 on D. Raymondville had to many mistakes aginst them .
    Respect them All, Fear No One !!

Taking La Feria by 14 best of luck to both teams.

Its going to be tough for PI.....La Feria has size and speed and they love to pass......Mercedes did not look that good......Its going to be a test for our secondary......our secondary will need to be aggressive in order
    to even have a chance............our defensive lineman need to be aggressive and smart.......PI can beat La Feria, but they will have to bring their A game.....saw some video on La Feria vs Mercedes and La Feria looks
    good and Mercedes didn't look that good.

Hall of Famer

Have to go with PI, looks like they are starting to take off. As for LF the Super, she is my cousin and LF is in good hands.

Super Moderator

My Social Networking

Follow FootballGal On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TIME OF THE PAST View Post
    Its going to be tough for PI.....La Feria has size and speed and they love to pass......Mercedes did not look that good......Its going to be a test for our secondary......our secondary will need to be aggressive in order
    to even have a chance............our defensive lineman need to be aggressive and smart.......PI can beat La Feria, but they will have to bring their A game.....saw some video on La Feria vs Mercedes and La Feria looks
    good and Mercedes didn't look that good.
    I agree with most of what you say but also that I feel PI will be up to the challenge and start their way in improving every week to be ready for District play. Go Big Blue.
    PI 3+
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdog View Post
    Go Tarpons

Super Moderator

My Social Networking

Follow FootballGal On Twitter

Sub-5A Notes: Another rival set to face La Feria

Sep 19, 2018 12:14 AM

For the La Feria Lions, each of the past few weeks has been a rivalry week.

This weekend’s game is no different.

In Week 1, the Lions took on Raymondville and hung on for a 17-7 win. During Week 2, they picked up a 38-6 victory in the Battle of 506, and in Week 3 La Feria defeated rival Mercedes 28-0. This week’s game against the Tarpons is another rivalry that many fans are happy to see on the schedule.

“This Port Isabel game is a rivalry game from the old days,” La Feria Coach Oscar Salinas said. “I don’t have to tell the kids that this is another big game at home for us. Port Isabel and La Feria go back a long ways, and even though we are no longer in the same district it’s going to be a really good game.

“They’re not bad, they really are a good team. They got some speed and they got some size, and talent-wise they’re as good as I remember them. They are just getting used to a new coach.”

During the 59 times the two sides have met, the Tarpons lead the series with 38 wins, 18 defeats and three ties. This year, the Tarpons enter the game with a 1-2 record, and the Lions enter 3-0.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdog View Post
    Go Tarpons

Legend

Will be a challenge for the Tarpons. Looking at some clips La Feria looks like a balanced team overall. PI has a mix of young and some return people but are still in the learning mode. There is some talent with Tarpons and if they reduce their mistakes and hope the turnover ratio is not against them Tarpons might have a good game here. If not a long night for Tarpons. Either Way hope Tarpons can up it a notch and see what happens. My hope is for an upset. Can Tarpons put it together on a high note. We'll see. Lets Go Tarpons!

Offensively, stopping QB, Dorian Hernandez will be the key to the Tarpons potential upset. Hernandez a junior- is a dual-threat QB. As a sophomore, Hernandez threw for over 1,700 yards and rushed for 584 yards as well. The Tarpons might have to pay a lil more attention to him, maybe even shadow him. He was the leading rusher vs Mercedes with 109yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    ...no me hagas caso, estoy safado. Lol.

Retired Super Moderator

I know the Freshmen won yesterday 19-14 but I heard the JV lost. Anyone know the score?

Legend

26-14. They made what my bro described as a once in a lifetime play and won with that.
    Time was short and they scored again. Wasn't there just what I heard.

It's going to be a tough match for our Tarpons They will need to play almost a perfect game to even have a chance at the W As long as they give an awesome effort that's all we can ask for......they are a very young team...trying to learn a new
    system......that is tough for our kids.... I would have to say that they are improving week by week.......after what they went through last year......something that all tarpon nation had never seen or gone through......there is a New Hope

GO BIG BLUE
    Last edited by TIME OF THE PAST; 09-21-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Legend

26-14. They made what my bro described as a once in a lifetime play and won with that. Our player don't know if RB or not picked the ball and then just left it or put it on the ground. The ref did not make the penalty call which is what I hear is what it is, and a lineman from LF picked it up and ran all the way for a TD. So it should have been a penalty call and not a live ball.

Time was short and they scored again. Wasn't there just what I heard.''

Not to take anything away from LF JV. the game was pretty even up to that point.
    Last edited by TarpnForce73; 09-21-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Thread Information