4 13.79%
  • Weslaco East With A Comfortable Win

0 0%
  • Weslaco East Beats Down Harlingen

0 0%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Congrats to the Wildcats; that defense must be awesome to shut out the cards.
    They're good, but our OC is better at scheming plays that favor defenses.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by roycee View Post
    I heard that Gomez is running the entire show now, both offense and Defense, thus all the running tonight! Wants to make the Cards a power running team!

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Heisman Winner

Congrats to the Wildcats; that defense must be awesome to shut out the cards.

Theyre dam good 85. But Dwade already told the RGV that this will be an easy win over east for the panthers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by roycee View Post
    I heard that Gomez is running the entire show now, both offense and Defense, thus all the running tonight! Wants to make the Cards a power running team!
    If true better start doing it now! Better go find a full back to run outta power I. Or heck run the option got a run first quarterback

Hall of Famer

Congrats to the Mighty Weslaco East Defense, they won the game and the East Offense controlled and kept the ball away from the Cards Offense. Harlingens Defense played well but the Cards Offense was non extent, thanks to the Wildcats Defense.
    This is gonna be another year where the Cards are gonna be competitive but not able to put fear or points on opposing teams. 50/50 chance of W's.
    Cards motto "Respect the opponent but don't fear them" Ditto..... I don't fear and opposing defense don't fear the Cards Offense.
    Ni ** Ni Fa......
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    Congrats to the Mighty Weslaco East Defense, they won the game and the East Offense controlled and kept the ball away from the Cards Offense. Harlingens Defense played well but the Cards Offense was non extent, thanks to the Wildcats Defense.
    This is gonna be another year where the Cards are gonna be competitive but not able to put fear or points on opposing teams. 50/50 chance of W's.
    Cards motto "Respect the opponent but don't fear them" Ditto..... I don't fear and opposing defense don't fear the Cards Offense.
    Ni ** Ni Fa......
    Good luck rest of the way. It was a good game but that interception did it. Who woulda thought

Immortal

Shows the controversial play

Heisman Winner

Harlingen offense was shutout by East. Glad the Judson game was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan1 View Post
    Harlingen offense was shutout by East. Glad the Judson game was cancelled.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Shows the controversial play

Whatís controversial about that play? He lost the ball before reaching the goal line, out of the end zone and the ball goes to the other team. Plain and simple.

Eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr, when you have replay, slow-motion, and a better angle...rerrrrreeeeeeeeee, of course.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 09-22-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Immortal

Good luck to the cards....it's non district. Cards will get it together.

Not sure.

If that's how our offense and OC are going to perform vs. a good, solid defense, it's 2017 all over again. That's why when folks were ranking Harlingen in the top ten, top five, my response was "too high".

Hall of Famer

Donít kiss-up bro, some of these card fans thought they would win with ease against East, pfft....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Not sure.

If that's how our offense and OC are going to perform vs. a good, solid defense, it's 2017 all over again. That's why when folks were ranking Harlingen in the top ten, top five, my response was "too high".
    �� same ol’ drama with the OC, by now wouldn’t it be the head coach’s fault for not addressing the OC’s shortcomings (as you say). Maybe it’s someone else that needs to go then? Ball’s in your court 85.

Don’t kiss-up bro, some of these card fans thought they would win with ease against East, pfft....
    Ha, so? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I originally thought Harlingen would win with ease, but changed my mind and thought it would be close.

Not everything has to be emotional and cutthroat.

Immortal

Don’t kiss-up bro, some of these card fans thought they would win with ease against East, pfft....
    I thought Harlingen would win a close tight game based on east qb starting his first full game vs. A solid d. It's not kissing up, it's showing respect to your opponent after a close hard fought physical game.

Immortal

Watching the replay I really liked how east rbs and full back were running the ball. Although short gains but power running fighting for every inch. You could tell the wildcats really wanted to get that taste of victory. Gonzalez had some good little runs but cardoza is a bruiser.

Hall of Famer

I thought Harlingen would win a close tight game based on east qb starting his first full game vs. A solid d. It's not kissing up, it's showing respect to your opponent after a close hard fought physical game.
    Exactly my point, you showing respect to them and them showing very little respect for East by saying they’d win with ease, that’s all I’m saying.

I don’t recall anyone lately beating East with ease in several years.

Thread Information