4 13.79%
  • Weslaco East With A Comfortable Win

0 0%
  • Weslaco East Beats Down Harlingen

0 0%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    MVP

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    I agree it was a celebration fumble. Hope the kid learns from that mistake.
    Hope the coaches learned their lesson too!

Quote Originally Posted by Troucha King 31 1/2 View Post
    Just me.............It looked like he raised both hands in the air around the 3 in celebratory mode when the ball came out..................His momentum and swinging of arm put the ball out the endzone quick................... crazy..................was already thinking they'd go for 2........

Ugh, I was hoping it wasn’t celebratory.

MVP

I agree it was a celebration fumble. Hope the kid learns from that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by joker93 View Post
    God doesn't learn..he knows all.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Whoa...... ....Frankie Flavs/ The Point........... Looks like my kinda place...........

How is it..... ...

Immortal

NICE so it was a Weslaco shut out over the Harlingen schools..

Hall of Famer

Definitely a celebration fumble but I agree that we didn’t lose because of that. East just did an outstanding job with ball control. Even at that, it took them getting the ball in the red zone off a turnover to finally punch it in. Hats off to our defense for doing all they could do.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Immortal

Was reading it was the cards senior playmaker reyna....or am I mistaken on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    NICE so it was a Weslaco shut out over the Harlingen schools..
    Since when did you become an East fan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Was reading it was the cards senior playmaker reyna....or am I mistaken on that?
    Does that matter ?

Congrats to Weslaco East and more so to the WE head coach, he had a plan to keep the Harlingen offense off the field and it worked like a charm. There is no doubt in my mind ( my opinion ) the Cardinal coaching staff was out coached big time. A leader is only as good as the team he forms on his staff. With the Lord it's the next kid up.
    Out coached? Sometimes it's better not to hire your compadres to be on your staff. I honestly don't know if the talent is there or not or the coaching has just gotten worse.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by joker93 View Post
    In any event no coach needs to take his frustrations out on the kid. Congratulations to WE, you fought a hard battle. WE out coached the mighty Cardinals staff bottom line
    If Lord Gomez had the audacity to rip into Reyna then I hope like hell he rips into his offensive staff specifically the OC ten times worse. How the freak do u start the second half with three straight three and outs?!!!? I know we got a first down on the second drive BUT that due to a face mask. Had it not been for that, Galvan was stopped short and would have brought up a punt. Enough is enough..... our athletes deserve better.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Ugh, I was hoping it wasn’t celebratory.
    It was celebratory man, no doubt. Still not blaming Reyna though.

I guess the Cards coaches didn't pick anything up on that end of the first half hurried drive when they moved the ball decently. You think they would have tried the hurry up offense in the 2nd half to try and get the Est offense out of balance. Nope.

Immortal

Does that matter ?
    Your right even a senior is still a high schooler. I didn't get to watch the game will be looking forward to the replay. But someone made a good point that this kid is trying his best and is carrying the cards offense on his skills and can't be blamed entirely on the loss. Good chess match again it's a pleasure facing of against the cards. I knew it was going to be a physical game....but east smash mouth play seems to of gotten the job done. Did gio play?

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Out coached? Sometimes it's better not to hire your compadres to be on your staff. I honestly don't know if the talent is there or not or the coaching has just gotten worse.
    Kids Gomez coached are now coaches. Compadre hiring might be a sign of...…….fill in the blank. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Your right even a senior is still a high schooler. I didn't get to watch the game will be looking forward to the replay. But someone made a good point that this kid is trying his best and is carrying the cards offense on his skills and can't be blamed entirely on the loss. Good chess match again it's a pleasure facing of against the cards. I knew it was going to be a physical game....but east smash mouth play seems to of gotten the job done. Did gio play?
    Nobody is blaming one kid on a loss. I give credit for one kid on WE for making a fine interception and putting the Wildcats inside the ten. That won the game.

Heisman Winner

When the Cards ran from the I formation no valley team could beat them, now a days its the passing game and losing games is just the name of the game for the Cards. Congrats to East.

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    When the Cards ran from the I formation no valley team could beat them, now a days its the passing game and losing games is just the name of the game for the Cards. Congrats to East.
    WOW when Harlingen ran the I formation they never lost a game. Thanks for more fake news.

Heisman Winner

Hey our OC called a great game or Hey our OC made great halftime adjustments..... said no one ever about our current OC. That’s your freakin job, calling a good game by making good in game and halftime adjustments. How the heck do u keep your job after not doing your job for so long.

Thread Information