5 13.16%
  • Cardinals win in OT

3 7.89%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

No offense but I bet the potential for a 77-0 beatdown caused your coach to take the easy way out. They could have pushed it back to Saturday and had an extra day to decide on cancelling it.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

So is every other Valley game also cancelled?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    That is why you schedule for late Saturday afternoon or Saturday night and then cancel early Saturday morning if you need to.
    Exactly bru!

Very big injustice to all the kids involved that work their azzez off to be part of their school's organizations.......
    To me it comes down to either laziness or incompetence....maybe both on these two schools administrators!
    STEELE KNIGHTS
    2010 6a D2 State Champs
    2011, 2016 6a D2 State Finalist
    12', 14', & 15' State Semi-Finalist

34-7 Playoff Record Overall Since 2010 (1st year in 5a/6a)
    30-2 Playoff Record In Region 4 Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    No offense but I bet the potential for a 77-0 beatdown caused your coach to take the easy way out. They could have pushed it back to Saturday and had an extra day to decide on cancelling it.
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

I would love to see this game, but the weather looks even crappier on Saturday. Friday, obviously, doesn’t look good either.

In the end, it’s just a nondistrict game.

Heisman Winner

Tanto pedo pa cagar aguado

MVP

Can someone put cancelled due to rain on the poll please

I'm disappointed too, but safety takes precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Yup I agree Judson coach is breathing a sigh of relief. Can you imagine losing to a Valley team 77-0.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Yup I agree Judson coach is breathing a sigh of relief. Can you imagine losing to a Valley team 77-0.
    Man with the offensive schemes HHS has as a coach from Judson I would be nervous to make the trip down here too!

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Man with the offensive schemes HHS has as a coach from Judson I would be nervous to make the trip down here too!
    Those Judson coaches probably feel cheated with all the time and energy they wasted trying to figure out how to out smart our offensive coaches. I guess just all the locker room strategy they came up with will help them if they make the playoffs.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    They are about to announce that this game is cancelled due to the increase chance of adverse weather tomorrow. #mixedemotions
    And with this news, Harlingen might possibly pull off an undefeated preseason schedule. Only the Wildcats and Midland Bulldogs stand in the way.

Rockets dodged a bullet.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

MVP

I heard they cancelled the game, anyone know anything about that?

Immortal

Got to see it both ways...enter next week rested and anxious to get out there or get blown out and still licking your wounds going into next week's games

Quote Originally Posted by H-Hammer View Post
    I heard they cancelled the game, anyone know anything about that?
    That wouldn't surprise me considering the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Got to see it both ways...enter next week rested and anxious to get out there or get blown out and still licking your wounds going into next week's games
    Judson had nothing to gain coming down here and putting a beating on the cards. Harlingen gained no injuries(and not getting feelings hurt) and an extra week of rest.

Varsity

To all the doubters that question how the Cardinals were going to fair in this game I can tell you that looking at how they performed in Laredo is not an accurate measure as to how they would have played Judson. Case in point do you think the Aggies were concentrating on Northwestern's offense and defense from when they (the team) reported for their 1st practice or Clemson? The Cardinals have been preparing to go against Judson since off season began. Beating Laredo was expected to be a given. Now, I'm not saying that the Cardinals would have walked over Judson or even had the advantage going into the game. What I can say, is the Rockets would have felt equal portions of pain at the hands of some boys who have a chip on their shoulder and have been preparing for months. Hence...having mixed emotions.

Hall of Famer

Games used to be played in the rain or mud. The only thing that would cancel a game was lightning. Judson's coach made the call not to play. A lot of the players have been preparing for this game since it was announced. LUS is not a good indicator of how this game might have been played out. We will never know now all we can do is look forward to next year when a lot of these kids are seniors

Junior Varsity

But that catch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    To all the doubters that question how the Cardinals were going to fair in this game I can tell you that looking at how they performed in Laredo is not an accurate measure as to how they would have played Judson. Case in point do you think the Aggies were concentrating on Northwestern's offense and defense from when they (the team) reported for their 1st practice or Clemson? The Cardinals have been preparing to go against Judson since off season began. Beating Laredo was expected to be a given. Now, I'm not saying that the Cardinals would have walked over Judson or even had the advantage going into the game. What I can say, is the Rockets would have felt equal portions of pain at the hands of some boys who have a chip on their shoulder and have been preparing for months. Hence...having mixed emotions.
    Every team has been preparing since last season. I’m sure Harlingen would have given it their all but end of the day bigger stronger faster will prevail. Now if the Cards team was a seasoned squad that had gone 3 deep last year and was playing Judson I wouldn’t mind. Every team plays hard and with heart!If not why play! I just feel Judson was getting nothing out of this game and Harlingen is one or two injuries from having a repeat of last season.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Every team has been preparing since last season. I’m sure Harlingen would have given it their all but end of the day bigger stronger faster will prevail. Now if the Cards team was a seasoned squad that had gone 3 deep last year and was playing Judson I wouldn’t mind. Every team plays hard and with heart!If not why play! I just feel Judson was getting nothing out of this game and Harlingen is one or two injuries from having a repeat of last season.
    Exactly, Harlingen didnt even made the playoffs last year, to schedule a team like Judson, dont know what the coach was thinking. Selling tickets maybe.

Thread Information