Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rockets win in blowout

    22 57.89%
  • Rockets win in close one

    8 21.05%
  • Rockets win in OT

    0 0%
  • Cardinals win in close one

    5 13.16%
  • Cardinals win in OT

    3 7.89%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 157
  1. #121
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,383

    My Social Networking

    Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

    Default

    No offense but I bet the potential for a 77-0 beatdown caused your coach to take the easy way out. They could have pushed it back to Saturday and had an extra day to decide on cancelling it.

  2. #122
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,383

    My Social Networking

    Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

    Default

    So is every other Valley game also cancelled?

  3. #123
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    That is why you schedule for late Saturday afternoon or Saturday night and then cancel early Saturday morning if you need to.
    Exactly bru!

    Very big injustice to all the kids involved that work their azzez off to be part of their school's organizations.......
    To me it comes down to either laziness or incompetence....maybe both on these two schools administrators!
    STEELE KNIGHTS
    2010 6a D2 State Champs
    2011, 2016 6a D2 State Finalist
    12', 14', & 15' State Semi-Finalist

    34-7 Playoff Record Overall Since 2010 (1st year in 5a/6a)
    30-2 Playoff Record In Region 4 Since 2010

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    No offense but I bet the potential for a 77-0 beatdown caused your coach to take the easy way out. They could have pushed it back to Saturday and had an extra day to decide on cancelling it.
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

    I would love to see this game, but the weather looks even crappier on Saturday. Friday, obviously, doesn’t look good either.

    In the end, it’s just a nondistrict game.

  5. #125
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Edinburg, Tx
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Tanto pedo pa cagar aguado

  6. #126
    MVP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Harlingen
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Can someone put cancelled due to rain on the poll please

  7. #127

    Default

    I'm disappointed too, but safety takes precedent.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    No offense but I bet the potential for a 77-0 beatdown caused your coach to take the easy way out. They could have pushed it back to Saturday and had an extra day to decide on cancelling it.
    Yup I agree Judson coach is breathing a sigh of relief. Can you imagine losing to a Valley team 77-0.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Yup I agree Judson coach is breathing a sigh of relief. Can you imagine losing to a Valley team 77-0.
    Man with the offensive schemes HHS has as a coach from Judson I would be nervous to make the trip down here too!

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Man with the offensive schemes HHS has as a coach from Judson I would be nervous to make the trip down here too!
    Those Judson coaches probably feel cheated with all the time and energy they wasted trying to figure out how to out smart our offensive coaches. I guess just all the locker room strategy they came up with will help them if they make the playoffs.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  11. #131
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    78259
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    They are about to announce that this game is cancelled due to the increase chance of adverse weather tomorrow. #mixedemotions
    And with this news, Harlingen might possibly pull off an undefeated preseason schedule. Only the Wildcats and Midland Bulldogs stand in the way.

    Rockets dodged a bullet.


    2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

    BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

  12. #132
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Harlingen, Tx.
    Posts
    323

    Default

    I heard they cancelled the game, anyone know anything about that?

  13. #133
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,932

    Default

    Got to see it both ways...enter next week rested and anxious to get out there or get blown out and still licking your wounds going into next week's games

  14. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-Hammer View Post
    I heard they cancelled the game, anyone know anything about that?
    That wouldn't surprise me considering the obvious.

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Got to see it both ways...enter next week rested and anxious to get out there or get blown out and still licking your wounds going into next week's games
    Judson had nothing to gain coming down here and putting a beating on the cards. Harlingen gained no injuries(and not getting feelings hurt) and an extra week of rest.

  16. #136
    Varsity
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Harlingen
    Posts
    83

    Default

    To all the doubters that question how the Cardinals were going to fair in this game I can tell you that looking at how they performed in Laredo is not an accurate measure as to how they would have played Judson. Case in point do you think the Aggies were concentrating on Northwestern's offense and defense from when they (the team) reported for their 1st practice or Clemson? The Cardinals have been preparing to go against Judson since off season began. Beating Laredo was expected to be a given. Now, I'm not saying that the Cardinals would have walked over Judson or even had the advantage going into the game. What I can say, is the Rockets would have felt equal portions of pain at the hands of some boys who have a chip on their shoulder and have been preparing for months. Hence...having mixed emotions.

  17. #137
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    harlingen
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Games used to be played in the rain or mud. The only thing that would cancel a game was lightning. Judson's coach made the call not to play. A lot of the players have been preparing for this game since it was announced. LUS is not a good indicator of how this game might have been played out. We will never know now all we can do is look forward to next year when a lot of these kids are seniors

  18. #138
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    But that catch though.

  19. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    To all the doubters that question how the Cardinals were going to fair in this game I can tell you that looking at how they performed in Laredo is not an accurate measure as to how they would have played Judson. Case in point do you think the Aggies were concentrating on Northwestern's offense and defense from when they (the team) reported for their 1st practice or Clemson? The Cardinals have been preparing to go against Judson since off season began. Beating Laredo was expected to be a given. Now, I'm not saying that the Cardinals would have walked over Judson or even had the advantage going into the game. What I can say, is the Rockets would have felt equal portions of pain at the hands of some boys who have a chip on their shoulder and have been preparing for months. Hence...having mixed emotions.
    Every team has been preparing since last season. I’m sure Harlingen would have given it their all but end of the day bigger stronger faster will prevail. Now if the Cards team was a seasoned squad that had gone 3 deep last year and was playing Judson I wouldn’t mind. Every team plays hard and with heart!If not why play! I just feel Judson was getting nothing out of this game and Harlingen is one or two injuries from having a repeat of last season.

  20. #140
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Every team has been preparing since last season. I’m sure Harlingen would have given it their all but end of the day bigger stronger faster will prevail. Now if the Cards team was a seasoned squad that had gone 3 deep last year and was playing Judson I wouldn’t mind. Every team plays hard and with heart!If not why play! I just feel Judson was getting nothing out of this game and Harlingen is one or two injuries from having a repeat of last season.
    Exactly, Harlingen didnt even made the playoffs last year, to schedule a team like Judson, dont know what the coach was thinking. Selling tickets maybe.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •