Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

Thread: World Cup

Immortal

Default World Cup

Its funny how sports networks make a big deal that the US still is way behind in this sport. Well all can say is who cares. If the US wins any game great. But if it doesn't big deal. America will always view this sport as a waste of time. How many people that live in the US lose sleep over the fact that we didn't make the World Cup Tournament. Its like I told so of the guys at work that are originally from Mexico. That unlike them that if Mexico losses and act like its the end of the world. We look at the calender to see if its Football Season already and who's Cares if we lostva Soccer Game.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Third world commie sport is what I have heard...

Soccer is gaining momentum here here in the U. S. Most local high schools have soccer teams and although like you I am an American football fan I predict that in the next twenty years soccer will be just as popular as American football.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Soccer is gaining momentum here here in the U. S. Most local high schools have soccer teams and although like you I am an American football fan I predict that in the next twenty years soccer will be just as popular as American football.
    I was in Lafayette, Louisiana 2 weeks ago for the 6U EE All Stars baseball World Series but played in Youngsville Sports Complex and we were there for a whole week. They have 6 soccer fields and best believe all 6 soccer fields were being used. I asked if there was soccer tournament going on and was told no. That they are only practicing. They were there all week long. There was more kids than adults. Those kids were out there running, sweating and seem to be having a good time while it was super humid, muggy and hot.

Thread Information