Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

Default Weslaco East 2018

2017? Over, gone but successful considering what the team lost to injuries. It happens East went on. Went 3 rounds deep again (5 times in 8 years) beating other district champions before losing to Steele or any 3rd round team as is tradition.

OFFENSE
    Everyone knows we lost our offensive big guns to graduation but it all starts up front at East and our entire offensive line returns with all that experience. It starts with C Mark Trevino 6-0,260 OT Steely Munoz 6-1,260 OL Pedro Posada 6-2,265 as the bulldozers. FB Jacob Carrasco 5-11,225 returns (yea we still use FBs at East) All purpose player Ramsey Vasquez returns and will get the ball a lot and score. Havent seen the new kid that may play qb but he is 6ft about 180ish (ive heard) and know he is supposed to be a darn good athlete that throws. We'll see if the throwing part happens. WRs are gone but coach will find someone. He always does.

DEFENSE
    (my favorite) This is where it gets tasty as East brings back a lot of defense with that same experience. Both DE return with Banda 6-0,250 as the standout (honorable mention all state) Robert 6-0,250 is no scrub on the other side. MLB Freddy Cardenas 5-10, 200 (leading tackler), (3/4 year starter) is back and will probly win some awards when its all said n done. ILB Robert Vera returns, OLB Joel 6-1,185 is back and is the guy that rings peoples bell. OLB Carlos Espinoza returns, FS Hector Muniz returns and has started as corner also. All purpose player Ramsey Vasquez returns and will I'm sure go both ways again as he led the team in INTs. 13 total kids have started on D at some point that will return like Dimas Alvarez DB.

Looking forward to the season as always and wish East and all others an injury free season. Its gonna be good with Vela being the top dog and High in its 2nd year under Salinas.

East will be young in key offensive positions so our defense will have to play big and help out.

Platinum

East will be 1st or 2nd in 31-6A, I think Vela will be 1st but East is always tough

Immortal

It will be intresting to see if east continues to transition to a run/pass offense or if it will go back to grinding out yardage on the ground. East past qbs have been a big weapon when it comes to the ground game as well churning out yardage on the ground.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    It will be intresting to see if east continues to transition to a run/pass offense or if it will go back to grinding out yardage on the ground. East past qbs have been a big weapon when it comes to the ground game as well churning out yardage on the ground.
    Burget isnt a passing guy. Although, Ramsey Vasquez would be good as a Spread option qb...if Burget installs an option package.

Either way East will always have a strong running game.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Where is that "Bobcats" poster? He seemed to have some info on that kid coming in to play qb for East and what he could bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Burget isnt a passing guy. Although, Ramsey Vasquez would be good as a Spread option qb...if Burget installs an option package.

I guess we shall see. I know with Lefevre one could say it was a different situation since he had known wrs like bones and Banuelos along with Vargas to throw to. So even if this kid has an arm as many have said, who will he throw it to? Burget will find someone and install packages just like he did the past couple years if the kid is the real deal as ive heard.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    East will be 1st or 2nd in 31-6A, I think Vela will be 1st but East is always tough
    The toughness regarding East, ALWAYS and its in the DNA as long as Burget is around to run the show. The 1st place I hope comes true trouble. I havent seen this kid thats gonna play qb other than multiple people saying hes THE REAL DEAL. You?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post

I tell you what though, if this kid coming in really is the "real deal" and can throw the rock Burget will have some sort of passing attack as last year.

Passing the ball last year got us a win vs a couple teams and Im sure Burget knows that. Also, East being East is known to pound the rock obviously. Not only does a successful passing attack make us more dangerous and harder to game plan against, but from his conversations and comments I think Burget enjoys it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I really want this new kid to have that passing game in his arsenal as Ive heard. I liked and got used to it the past few years with lefevre.

Not only that, it just makes us much more unpredictable and at East its obviously a good thing since were all run!

Thread Information