Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 178
  1. #1

    Default DCTF Predictions

    Will the DCTF insiders post the 2018 predictions for the RGV's 5A DI and DII districts and lend their thoughts?

  2. #2

    Default

    5A DI
    1. Misson Memorial
    2. Brownsville Veterans Memorial
    3. Brownsville Pace
    4. Brownsville Lopez
    5. Donna
    6. RGC
    7. PSJA Memorial
    8. Palmview
    9. PSJA Southwest
    10. Brownsville Porter

    5A DII
    1. Sharyland
    2. Mercedes
    3. Sharyland Pioneer
    4. EE
    5. Roma
    6. Valley View
    7. Laredo Cigarroa

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    5A DI
    1. Misson Memorial
    2. Brownsville Veterans Memorial
    3. Brownsville Pace
    4. Brownsville Lopez
    5. Donna
    6. RGC
    7. PSJA Memorial
    8. Palmview
    9. PSJA Southwest
    10. Brownsville Porter

    5A DII
    1. Sharyland
    2. Mercedes
    3. Sharyland Pioneer
    4. EE
    5. Roma
    6. Valley View
    7. Laredo Cigarroa
    Sounds like Matt Stepp listens to us after all.... Though I think RGC is gonna be 3rd or 4th... EE and Pioneer are interchangeable, I think both are gonna give Shary and Mercedes hell too...

  4. #4

    Default

    I’ll be getting my DCTF magazine at the TSHOF in Waco!

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    I’ll be getting my DCTF magazine at the TSHOF in Waco!
    No pics, didn't happen...

  6. #6

    Default

    46C579A4-3327-417F-8C3E-9C938116616E.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    No pics, didn't happen...

  7. #7
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Sounds like Matt Stepp listens to us after all.... Though I think RGC is gonna be 3rd or 4th... EE and Pioneer are interchangeable, I think both are gonna give Shary and Mercedes hell too...
    I feel extremely confident about La Maquina this year. They have a very good nucleus this year coming back.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    I feel extremely confident about La Maquina this year. They have a very good nucleus this year coming back.
    1st-year coach, new system, non-playoff team... I don't think y'all will be bad, but it's not going to be easy vs teams that are not only returning everyone but won a lot of games...

  9. #9
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    1st-year coach, new system, non-playoff team... I don't think y'all will be bad, but it's not going to be easy vs teams that are not only returning everyone but won a lot of games...
    So which teams won a bunch of games and return everyone.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  10. #10
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    1st-year coach, new system, non-playoff team... I don't think y'all will be bad, but it's not going to be easy vs teams that are not only returning everyone but won a lot of games...
    Reason for feeling confident about E-E even though new coach and system and regardless of non playoff team. 1 HC Chavez has a good made a good first impression on players. 2 even though its a new system player have been studying play book since day one plus it not the first time they have run some of the plays that Chavez will bring with him. 3 they only missed the playoff 1 year. 4 they have had a very good offseason. Case in point very impressive State Powerlifting Championship. So have they been hitting the weights? Yes. Plus Chavez has been implementing Speedthis offseason.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  11. #11
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    So which teams won a bunch of games and return everyone.
    Shary won 9 games and returns their Offense, the worst thing about Sharyland was the lack of Defense and it looks like we're improved there too...

  12. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,373

    My Social Networking

    Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Shary won 9 games and returns their Offense, the worst thing about Sharyland was the lack of Defense and it looks like we're improved there too...
    Send me some pics already or I'm gonna change the video to a Harlingen video. They are the same colors anyway. 3... 2... 1... go

    Or at least tell me where I can find some. Does Sharyland football have a Facebook or Twitter account or anything that might have some pics on it?

  13. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,373

    My Social Networking

    Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Cochino's Prediction: Alice 16-0.

    Mr. T's prediction: Pain.

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    I am going to give Roma the edge over EE, first year coach with no winning record
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  15. #15
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Shary won 9 games and returns their Offense, the worst thing about Sharyland was the lack of Defense and it looks like we're improved there too...
    I knew Sharryland won a lot of games and returned a lot of starters. But you said a few teams not a team. So I was wondering who the others were.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  16. #16
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Send me some pics already or I'm gonna change the video to a Harlingen video. They are the same colors anyway. 3... 2... 1... go

    Or at least tell me where I can find some. Does Sharyland football have a Facebook or Twitter account or anything that might have some pics on it?
    Okay, I'll PM you right now... I've been really busy with this storm damage

  17. #17
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Okay, I'll PM you right now... I've been really busy with this storm damage
    Did you get hit hard. We were lucky at E-E most of the flooding was South and east of us.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  18. #18
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Did you get hit hard. We were lucky at E-E most of the flooding was South and east of us.
    Yeah, I got probably 60-70K worth of damage (roof, sheetrock, insulation, etc), I didn't flood though so I am fully insured... Just a big inconvienience for me

  19. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,373

    My Social Networking

    Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

    Default

    IMG_20180624_141641.jpg

    Give me your opinions. Is the blood on the skulls a bit too much for a high school video? Or is it cartoony enough to be ok?

  20. #20
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    IMG_20180624_141641.jpg

    Give me your opinions. Is the blood on the skulls a bit too much for a high school video? Or is it cartoony enough to be ok?
    Its fine...

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •