Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Immortal

E-E has 8/8 starters coming back from a team that finished 5-5. 3 of those losses could have gone either way. Feeling real good about E-E chances this coming year.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Platinum

Sharyland as 8/4 starters coming back from a 9-3 Area Finalist. We lost to a pretty good Alice Coyote team in triple OT using our back up QB for most of the 2nd half of the game. Feeling real good about Sharyland's chances this coming year.
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 07-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Just Got my DCTF magazine! Good service

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    E-E has 8/8 starters coming back from a team that finished 5-5. 3 of those losses could have gone either way. Feeling real good about E-E chances this coming year.
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Sharyland as 8/4 starters coming back from a 9-3 Area Finalist. We lost to a pretty good Alice Coyote team in triple OT using our back up QB for most of the 2nd half of the game. Feeling real good about Sharyland's chances this coming year.

290A80E1-53BE-446E-A923-66A05341EB8A.jpg

Hall of Famer

I just read that Hanna lost their OC Marroquin to San Benito
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    That’s a good hire. That will definitely help SB after losing Leal.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    On a previous board meeting it was decided Marroquin a no go for the Lopez position. He did indeed leave Hanna but i had heard as an Interm at Lopez. Now just not sure.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    On a previous board meeting it was decided Marroquin a no go for the Lopez position. He did indeed leave Hanna but i had heard as an Interm at Lopez. Now just not sure.
    From what I heard, Marroquin was the hire at Lopez on an interim tag. Then a week later, he takes the OC job at San Benito. Lopez still doesn't have a coach and I haven't heard a peep out of it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Terrible situation for those kids down at B. Lopez.
    Last edited by christofire; 07-11-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

I will say as an OC it is a great hire for San Benito. As for Lopez great kids horrible position to be in. Not to be a broken record but those damn board members just dont get that its for the kids not their own personal agenda that needs to be in place. Even with Tony Villareal the kids would be 100x in a better position. He would be a good fit at Lopez but guess the so called leaders of BISD cant handle or take a man like Tony Villareal.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    From what I heard, Marroquin was the hire at Lopez on an interim tag. Then a week later, he takes the OC job at San Benito. Lopez still doesn't have a coach and I haven't heard a peep out of it since then.
    I wasnt surprised with Marroquin getting onboard at SB. Gomez and Marroquin worked together at RH and PSJAM.

Lopez staying open this long is surprising.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    I wasnt surprised with Marroquin getting onboard at SB. Gomez and Marroquin worked together at RH and PSJAM.

Lopez staying open this long is surprising.
    And there's a newly inducted RGV HOF coach out there still available........

Adame (SHS) Vs. Adame (MHS) , they meet for the third time , this game will probably be for the dc the next two years

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Adame (SHS) Vs. Adame (MHS) , they meet for the third time , this game will probably be for the dc the next two years
    Didn't there was a comedy hour on this forum.

Platinum

Didn't there was a comedy hour on this forum.
    So who do you think its gonna be? Mercedes is probably the best team behind Sharyland, they've won their district t the past two years...

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

So who do you think its gonna be? Mercedes is probably the best team behind Sharyland, they've won their district t the past two years...
    Please dont disrespect Brownsville Veterans as they are the ones who won district last year and shared 2 yrs ago with Mercedes. I understand the point just fact checking.

Immortal

No they shared a title 2 years ago and Vets won it last year. Plus Mercedes lost all those so called Super Sophomores.
    Last edited by lmka; 07-11-2018 at 04:21 PM.

No they shared a title 2 years ago and Vets won it last year. Plus Mercedes lost all those so called Super Sophomores.
    I've got to agree with Imka. Tigers have a different team this season and their playmakers from last year are gone off to bigger and better things. EE on the other hand is bringing back almost 80% of its starters on a team that was decent in 2017. Their losses were indicative of the 2017 team's youth, but they got a lot of varsity experience and I think it will pay off for EE in 2018. I'll place my chips on EE over Mercedes for 2018.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    I've got to agree with Imka. Tigers have a different team this season and their playmakers from last year are gone off to bigger and better things. EE on the other hand is bringing back almost 80% of its starters on a team that was decent in 2017. Their losses were indicative of the 2017 team's youth, but they got a lot of varsity experience and I think it will pay off for EE in 2018. I'll place my chips on EE over Mercedes for 2018.
    I agree with everything you said, to an extent... They have a new HC, when was the last time you saw a team succeed after a TOTAL MAKEOVER of the ENTIRE coaching staff??? Generally teams who hire from within can keep the same momentum, but a total makeover remains to be seen... Don't get me wrong, I think EE is gonna be up there with the top teams in the district...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 07-11-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Immortal

I agree with everything you said, to an extent... They have a new HC, when was the last time you saw a team succeed after a TOTAL MAKEOVER of the ENTIRE coaching staff??? Generally teams who hire from within can keep the same momentum, but a total makeover remains to be seen... Don't get me wrong, I think EE is gonna be up there with the top teams in the district...
    The entire E-E staff wasn't replaced. Some of the old staff are still there.

Thread Information