Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I misread... I'd say Brownsville Vets, EE/Mercedes (Tie), then Pace... Something like that... I just don't think anyone should count out Mercedes just yet...
    I agree with your Mercedes logic. I was looking at EE video for 2017 and didn't get the impression that QB Trevino was a strong passer. However, he can run with the ball well and rushed for 6 TDs during the season (435 yards on 91 carries). Statistically, he only completed 39 passes (40.6% completion rate) all year for an average of 92.6 yards per game and a total of 6 TDs. EE's success or failure will fall heavily on Jared de los Santos. If he gets injured or isn't able to pound out the yards, EE may well be in dire straits.

Double Post...
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 07-12-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    I agree with your Mercedes logic. I was looking at EE video for 2017 and didn't get the impression that QB Trevino was a strong passer. However, he can run with the ball well and rushed for 6 TDs during the season (435 yards on 91 carries). Statistically, he only completed 39 passes (40.6% completion rate) all year for an average of 92.6 yards per game and a total of 6 TDs. EE's success or failure will fall heavily on Jared de los Santos. If he gets injured or isn't able to pound out the yards, EE may well be in dire straits.
    Agreed... Albert is a very capable runner he is very fast, last season a lot of is passing success was rooted through Lara and DLS's receiving ability... The poorest thing I saw from EE was their OL play, but I think that might be remedied by the hiring of their new OC who was the OL coach at McHi... Again, EE is EE and they'll be fine...

MVP

I misread... I'd say Brownsville Vets, EE/Mercedes (Tie), then Pace... Something like that... I just don't think anyone should count out Mercedes just yet...
    Idk about that. Mercedes JV and freshmen both beat Bro Vets. Don't have JV score but don't recall it being close. Tiger freshmen won 34-8 and that's cuz they had a mediocre season. I believe EE JV & freshmen also beat Bro Vets also not close scores. Mercedes & EE were JV co-champs with Tigers winning head to head 27-6, lost to Donna first district game. EE freshmen won district. I see Bro Vets having a drop off this coming season and finishing behind Mission Vets for sure.

Immortal

Two of the wins could have gone either way too. The win against Lincoln Juarez was by one point and the win against Los Fresnos in Week One was by three points. Could have just as easily been a 3-7 season. Three of the four Brownsville schools in that District handed EE losses. Continue cherry picking your facts and you can make a case for anything. Not necessarily a good case, but a case nonetheless.

BTW, the question was how would you RANK the TEAMS, not is EE going to win the District.
    E-E should have won against Vets. That game had very questionable calls against E-E that extended 3 TD drives for Vets. On one drive their QB was running a Qb keeper his WR was blocking down field. He was going to be stop 2 yds short of the 1st down so he decided to pass the ball to that Wr. The DB was flagged for interference on that 4th down play. Next play they scored on a 30 yard pass. Like I said very questionable calls in that game by the officials. Now you bring up the LF game ok. They Fumbled on their 5yrd line in the last minute of the game so E-E won. But 4 plays before that we fumble inside their 20 yard line to give them a chance to win. In that Game LF was out played by E-E all night long.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    E-E should have won against Vets. That game had very questionable calls against E-E that extended 3 TD drives for Vets. On one drive their QB was running a Qb keeper his WR was blocking down field. He was going to be stop 2 yds short of the 1st down so he decided to pass the ball to that Wr. The DB was flagged for interference on that 4th down play. Next play they scored on a 30 yard pass. Like I said very questionable calls in that game by the officials. Now you bring up the LF game ok. They Fumbled on their 5yrd line in the last minute of the game so E-E won. But 4 plays before that we fumble inside their 20 yard line to give them a chance to win. In that Game LF was out played by E-E all night long.

Quit trying to make it seem that EE was far more superior than everyone else cause in the end EE couldnít even beat the Brownsville schools plus EE couldnít even make the playoffs.
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    Quit trying to make it seem that EE was far more superior than everyone else cause in the end EE couldn’t even beat the Brownsville schools plus EE couldn’t even make the playoffs.
    No not everyone else. Just Los Fresnos.

Immortal

Quit trying to make it seem that EE was far more superior than everyone else cause in the end EE couldn’t even beat the Brownsville schools plus EE couldn’t even make the playoffs.
    Wow so you got beat by a team that didn't even make the playoffs.

Immortal

E-E has 2 other very good backs to replace De Lo Santos if he gets hurt. Plus also SS Ayala can also run the ball.
    Last edited by lmka; 07-13-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Immortal

I also see you still can get over THE CHOKE JOB YOUR FALCON DID AGAINST E-E LAST YEAR.

Hall of Famer

I also see you still can get over THE CHOKE JOB YOUR FALCON DID AGAINST E-E LAST YEAR.
    I didnít even mention anything about that, we still were more successful than EE cause we at least made the playoffs and went 3 rounds deep while EE was sitting at home with a giant L on their heads !!!

Immortal

I didn’t even mention anything about that, we still were more successful than EE cause we at least made the playoffs and went 3 rounds deep while EE was sitting at home with a giant L on their heads !!!
    Yes you were. But you still lost to a team full of sophomores that is in a lower classification plus is more half this size smaller than LF.. That's like if E-E would have lost to Santa Maria.

Hall of Famer

Yes you were. But you still lost to a team full of sophomores that is in a lower classification plus is more half this size smaller than LF.. That's like if E-E would have lost to Santa Maria.
    FOH bro what that nonsense

Immortal

FOH bro what that nonsense
    You all are more than double the size of E-E. With the enrollment LF has the could make 2 5A and 1 4A school.

Platinum

Doesn't EE and LF this season??? Who wins?? Should be an easy game for the Jackets after beating them last season with an all Soph squad.
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 07-13-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Hall of Famer

Doesn't EE and LF this season??? Who wins?? Should be an easy game for the Jackets after beating them last season with an all Soph squad.
    LF squad is all seniors and I am sure Coach Brown isnít going to let this slip away. LF will be well tested before meeting EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Tex Tiger View Post
    Idk about that. Mercedes JV and freshmen both beat Bro Vets. Don't have JV score but don't recall it being close. Tiger freshmen won 34-8 and that's cuz they had a mediocre season. I believe EE JV & freshmen also beat Bro Vets also not close scores. Mercedes & EE were JV co-champs with Tigers winning head to head 27-6, lost to Donna first district game. EE freshmen won district. I see Bro Vets having a drop off this coming season and finishing behind Mission Vets for sure.
    There is apparent lingering neuropathy from the Charger visit to The Jungle last season.

MVP

We lost by a td so no...both Mercedes & EE JV and freshmen teams both beat Chargers by significant margins. If 32-5A would have remained Chargers would likely finish 3rd at best for the next few years. Luckily for Chargers they'll play in a weak 16-5A D1 with the likes of Pace, Porter, Lopez, Donna, PSJA Memorial, Palmview and Southwest. Only comp will come from Mission Vets and possibly RGC. So guaranteed top 3 finish...maybe...

We lost by a td so no...both Mercedes & EE JV and freshmen teams both beat Chargers by significant margins. If 32-5A would have remained Chargers would likely finish 3rd at best for the next few years. Luckily for Chargers they'll play in a weak 16-5A D1 with the likes of Pace, Porter, Lopez, Donna, PSJA Memorial, Palmview and Southwest. Only comp will come from Mission Vets and possibly RGC. So guaranteed top 3 finish...maybe...
    Advanced CHRONIC NEUROPATHY. Sorry for the initial misdiagnosis!
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 07-13-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Platinum

Who cares what the Freshman and JV did... Sharyland's freshman and Jv both beat Weslaco East, the next season WEast dropped 62pts on us... Doesn't mean anything if it didn't happen at the varsity level.

Thread Information