Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Heisman Winner

You have a point even though the whole valley and the Ros family know the move was for athletic purposes. This move will not be fair for the district opponents Vela will play. If those opponents roll their sleeves the odds are stacked against his eligibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    The kid transfers before the school year ends, to a school in a different district and classification. Legit change in address, he is now zoned to Vela. It's pioneers word against vela, dec and uil need hard evidence that he indeed moved for athletics purposes. I think he will stay at Vela

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    He can stay and go to school at Vela but if he uses your justifications before the DEC/UIL, his move may turn out being solely for academic purposes. As Trouble mentioned, the coaches in Velaís district are going to be throwing their own spears. The totality of the circumstances does not favor Rosales.
    Again , itís the opposite , the DEC/UIL/Pioneer have to prove itís for athletic purposes , he doesnít have to prove anything as of now

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Again , it’s the opposite , the DEC/UIL/Pioneer have to prove it’s for athletic purposes , he doesn’t have to prove anything as of now
    No my good man it is the student’s burden of proof. Always has been Jesus. I don’t carelessly post erroneous info and pass off my opinion as fact. See Section 407 of UIL Constitution. Feel free to offer up your regulation source to authenticate your claim that Pioneer/DEC/UIL have the burden of proof here. Be a responsible poster.

Section 407: ELIGIBILITY BURDEN OF PROOF
    If a student’s eligibility to compete in a League contest is questioned, the student has the burden in any proceeding to establish
    that he or she is eligible.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/consti...bchapter-m.pdf
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 06-30-2018 at 04:23 PM.

No my good man it is the student’s burden of proof. Always has been Jesus. I don’t carelessly post erroneous info and pass off my opinion as fact. See Section 407 of UIL Constitution. Feel free to offer up your regulation source to authenticate your claim that Pioneer/DEC/UIL have the burden of proof here. Be a responsible poster.

Section 407: ELIGIBILITY BURDEN OF PROOF
    If a student’s eligibility to compete in a League contest is questioned, the student has the burden in any proceeding to establish
    that he or she is eligible.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/consti...bchapter-m.pdf
    yup spoke without proof , but within your claim and back up to it , all he needs to prove is that his dad was given a job at (Raymondville) which we all know he did , that just means proving position change or promotion whatever might’ve been the case. 2. Proof that he doesn’t reside in Shary and now lives in Vela zone. Which we all know he does , and 3. He can’t go to pioneer if he lives in Edinurg common sense. So I spoke without really knowing what I was talking about. Still doesn’t change that they have to prove his ineligibility either , cause that’s what challenging means also, because you can’t just make a challenge and not have anything to back it up
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 06-30-2018 at 05:33 PM.

The Young and the Restless, As the World Turns, General Hospital, All My Children...

Lol, why do I know the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    yup spoke without proof , but within your claim and back up to it , all he needs to prove is that his dad was given a job at (Raymondville) which we all know he did , that just means proving position change or promotion whatever might’ve been the case. 2. Proof that he doesn’t reside in Shary and now lives in Vela zone. Which we all know he does , and 3. He can’t go to pioneer if he lives in Edinurg common sense. So I spoke without really knowing what I was talking about. Still doesn’t change that they have to prove his ineligibility either , cause that’s what challenging means also, because you can’t just make a challenge and not have anything to back it up
    "So I spoke without really knowing what I was talking about."
    Nothing further Your Honor. The prosecution (Pioneer/DEC/UIL) rests...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Odds are against him, I think they'll rule him ineligible... He'll file a law suit and settle... He'll play baseball at the very least at Vela.
    That lawsuit would need to be filed in Travis County where venue is vested by the UIL constitution. Besides the legal fees and travel/time costs, Rosales is not going to have a Hidalgo County judge or jury.

Life goes on for the UIL whether they win or lose any lawsuit brought by Rosales. The UIL isn't liable for monetary damages in this matter and really has no incentive to settle. I believe they will defend an ineligible ruling and the UIL Constitution in court with vigor. This is such an egregious case of transferring for athletic purposes that the UIL would be remiss if it didn't defend an ineligible ruling with its full resources.

As a side note, Vela as a school could be sanctioned by the UIL if it is found school personnel engaged in recruiting of Rosales. Recruiting by the school or its personnel is a violation of UIL rules.

Hall of Famer

That lawsuit would need to be filed in Travis County where venue is vested by the UIL constitution. Besides the legal fees and travel/time costs, Rosales is not going to have a Hidalgo County judge or jury.

Life goes on for the UIL whether they win or lose any lawsuit brought by Rosales. The UIL isn't liable for monetary damages in this matter and really has no incentive to settle. I believe they will defend an ineligible ruling and the UIL Constitution in court with vigor. This is such an egregious case of transferring for athletic purposes that the UIL would be remiss if it didn't defend an ineligible ruling with its full resources.

As a side note, Vela as a school could be sanctioned by the UIL if it is found school personnel engaged in recruiting of Rosales. Recruiting by the school or its personnel is a violation of UIL rules.
    Shouldnít be that hard to find Vela guilty of recruiting kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum

Its the parents doing the "recruiting" its the baseball parents from what I hear... As for the UIL, a family member of mine went through this process in another sport some years baack... "Their" home district wouldn't allow "them" to compete in "their" preferred sport, even though the district "they" were zoned to did NOT offer the sport at the time... The DEC ruled against my family member and went before the UIL and lost again... "They" sued and won... Long story short, the relative got to compete in "their" sport at the neighboring district... UIL has no teeth

Heisman Winner

At a golf tourney a few days ago, was talking to a Shary player who said he was a receiver, asked him point blank is the qb gonna play for Vela, he said ''he'll play''. And kids are smart than we are.

Of course they are smarter than YOU.

Hahahahaha!

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post

Of course they are smarter than YOU.

Hahahahaha!
    Go find your buddy greenweeds and go play volleyball, leave the game of football to those that played it.

Hall of Famer

Its the parents doing the "recruiting" its the baseball parents from what I hear... As for the UIL, a family member of mine went through this process in another sport some years baack... "Their" home district wouldn't allow "them" to compete in "their" preferred sport, even though the district "they" were zoned to did NOT offer the sport at the time... The DEC ruled against my family member and went before the UIL and lost again... "They" sued and won... Long story short, the relative got to compete in "their" sport at the neighboring district... UIL has no teeth
    You are correct on the parents doing the recruiting to a point. No parent is gonna take their kid to another school/team unless he knows his kid has a legit chance at winning the starting job. No parent can offer that. Wouldn't you agree?
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Go find your buddy greenweeds and go play volleyball, leave the game of football to those that played it.
    Hahahahaha, same stupid response. At least you admitted where you stand on the IQ spectrum. lol

Default QB

I know they didnít beat Barrientes middle school and the article states they went undefeated. The important thing is that itís going to be hard for him to beat out Sotelo(sophomore next year). Next year itís Jacob Rosales if his allowed to play at QB. But after next year itís Sotelo at QB.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Bigger story out of Vela this weekend is the recent offer from UIW to OL Jayden Borjas. Happy for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Bigger story out of Vela this weekend is the recent offer from UIW to OL Jayden Borjas. Happy for the kid.
    Thats awesome; great to see kids from from the valley are being looked at. I think the kid Cuello(Vela) and Kaden (bobcats) got a scholarship there also last year.

Sooooo we dont know yet if hes gonna tear up my team the last week of the season?

Lotta good that big arm will do him at WEast...
    True, but Ill take it! We had an arm last year that helped

Thread Information