Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    He also was already enrolled and at campus before the year ended. Already has property in Edinburg, and no longer have ďassetsĒ in Mission(Sharyland). They canít hold back someone for moving , UNLESS THERES PROOF HE MOVED FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES, which there isnít any. At the most he still has to wait the 15 days, but thereís truly nothing Sharyland ISD/Pioneer can do in this situation to not let him play , besides wanting to keep him.
    Will the DEC please provide its decision?
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 06-10-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Hall of Famer

I heard that one of his parents got a job in Raymondville, so they moved 5 miles closer to the new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    I heard that one of his parents got a job in Raymondville, so they moved 5 miles closer to the new job.
    QUESTION: So why didn't they move to Raymondville?

ANSWER: Because their son wanted to play at Vela silly rabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    QUESTION: So why didn't they move to Raymondville?

ANSWER: Because their son wanted to play at Vela silly rabbit!
    Or why go to raymondville when U are still zoned to vela, just like I use to live in McAllen and could’ve gone to memorial , but was still zoned to Sharyland
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 06-10-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Or why go to raymondville when U are still zoned to vela, just like I use to live in McAllen and could’ve gone to memorial , but was still zoned to Sharyland
    What part of, "I heard that one of his parents got a job in Raymondville" was unclear?

What part of, "I heard that one of his parents got a job in Raymondville" was unclear?
    What part of he could live in Raymondville but is zoned to vela is hard to understand ? Just cause he MAY have an address there doesn’t mean he has to attend the high school there. Lmk if that’s clear. I also gave you a perfect example of how that could happen.

And like you said “got a job at raymondville “ not a house or address the live there. From what I’ve heard at my peeps in Edinburg , he is zoned to Vela, and his dad has a job nearby , whether raymondville or anywhere else , it’s not hard to understand he is zoned to Vela. Shary ISD , DEC or anyone can contest the purpose of the move, but they got it covered. Idc about The transfer, doesn’t affect my Rattlers in any way.

Platinum

a whole 5 miles huh....LOL

From his previous address if you do take those 5 miles NE , he is zoned to Vela. So either way again, he’ll play.

What part of he could live in Raymondville but is zoned to vela is hard to understand ? Just cause he MAY have an address there doesnít mean he has to attend the high school there. Lmk if thatís clear.
    Is it just me who doesn't understand the logic presented!?

What part of I lived in McAllen , could’ve gone to memorial , but was still zoned to Shary , so went there , is hard to understand ? Take that statement , switch McAllen to raymondville, and Shary to Vela. VNL what is so hard to understand? You know if you’re zoned somewhere , even tho u live in another city , AS LONG as you’re still zoned to a specific school , you can attend.
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 06-10-2018 at 09:55 PM.

I actually am curious , does anyone get I’m saying or am I just talking nonsense and truly VNL and no one else is truly understanding ?

What part of I lived in McAllen , could’ve gone to memorial , but was still zoned to Shary , so went there , is hard to understand ? Take that statement , switch McAllen to raymondville, and Shary to Vela. VNL what is so hard to understand? You know if you’re zoned somewhere , even tho u live in another city , AS LONG as you’re still zoned to a specific school , you can attend.
    I agree with your conclusion in your last sentence. One can attend as you state. It's even more wide open at other school districts like McAllen and Brownsville where they will let you attend if you live anywhere in the State of Texas. You could fly in and out every day from as far away as Amarillo or El Paso if you wanted to attend those districts and even be eligible to participate in varsity UIL athletics. But if a DEC or the UIL find you are flying in for athletic purposes within those districts you can still attend academically but you're not going to play.

I actually am curious , does anyone get I’m saying or am I just talking nonsense and truly VNL and no one else is truly understanding ?
    It's all good Jesus. No worries.

I agree with your conclusion in your last sentence. One can attend as you state. It's even more wide open at other school districts like McAllen and Brownsville where they will let you attend if you live anywhere in the State of Texas. You could fly in and out every day from as far away as Amarillo or El Paso if you wanted to attend those districts and even be eligible to participate in varsity UIL athletics. But if a DEC or the UIL find you are flying in for athletic purposes within those districts you can still attend academically but you're not going to play.
    And I understand that. And that’s what I mean, JUST because his dad works at raymondville , doesn’t mean HE LIVES THERE. As someone mentioned earlier , they moved 5 miles closer to the job, which if you know where North Mission/McAllen is , it’s around the Area Pioneer is built, if you go 3 miles East , you are in the heart of Edinburg almost , so by that logic that Rosales dad got a job at raymondville , and moved 5 miles closer to the job or from the job, he is still in the Edinburg area , where he could be zoned to Vela. Which concludes that HIS DAD works @ Raymondville, and their address is somewhere in the school zone of Vela. Whether he moved 5 miles NE of his Sharyland Address or 5 Miles from The raymondville job
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 06-10-2018 at 10:32 PM.

And I understand that. And thatís what I mean, JUST because his dad works at raymondville , doesnít mean HE LIVES THERE. As someone mentioned earlier , they moved 5 miles closer to the job, which if you know where North Mission/McAllen is , itís around the Area Pioneer is built, if you go 3 miles East , you are in the heart of Edinburg almost , so by that logic that Rosales dad got a job at raymondville , and moved 5 miles closer to the job or from the job, he is still in the Edinburg area , where he could be zoned to Vela. Which concludes that HIS DAD works @ Raymondville, and their address is somewhere in the school zone of Vela. Whether he moved 5 miles NE of his Sharyland Address or 5 Miles from The raymondville job
    Your singular conclusion that since Rosales now lives in the Vela school zone he is clear to play is only 1/7th correct. He still needs to clear six other hurdles before the DEC/UIL (PAPF). Failure to clear just one of those six hurdles is enough for him to be declared ineligible. I invite you to study the UIL Constitution. The DEC will be charged to consider and study the totality of body of evidence and circumstance surrounding Rosales' move into the Vela school zone, to include the conduct of others. You may not realize it but Rosales bears the burden to disprove any allegations made against him and his eligibility. Think of it as the mega lotto. He's needs to get all remaining six numbers to win.

Retired Football Guru

Your singular conclusion that since Rosales now lives in the Vela school zone he is clear to play is only 1/7th correct. He still needs to clear six other hurdles before the DEC/UIL (PAPF). Failure to clear just one of those six hurdles is enough for him to be declared ineligible. I invite you to study the UIL Constitution. The DEC will be charged to consider and study the totality of body of evidence and circumstance surrounding Rosales' move into the Vela school zone, to include the conduct of others. You may not realize it but Rosales bears the burden to disprove any allegations made against him and his eligibility. Think of it as the mega lotto. He's needs to get all remaining six numbers to win.
    Gotta have all the ducks in a row.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Platinum

So odds are, Rosales is still a Diamondback...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    So odds are, Rosales is still a Diamondback...
    It will all turn on how competent the members of the DEC are and how seriously they take their charge.

Hall of Famer

It will all turn on how competent the members of the DEC are and how seriously they take their charge.
    So if he has moved like I've read on here to Edinburg, the DEC declines he can play for Vela, then the family takes it to the UIL and looses the appeal, then what happens if he no longer lives in Pioneer's district? What, where and with who does he play for?

Thread Information