Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Its a big deal due to the caliber of the transfer... Had it been a kid who was a benchwarmer, no one would bat an eyelash but being that it is one of the top QBs in the area, who could probably start at most schools in South Texas its a big deal...
    Thank you captain obvious lol but yea I agree itís a thing now in the mission,Edinburg McAllen area & its only the beginning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow SintonFan_inAustin On Twitter
    Visit SintonFan_inAustin's Youtube Channel

Matt Stepp writer for DCTF,
    http://www.texasfootball.com/this-we...otball-may-30/

Edinburg Vela benefits from move-inís

Coach John Campbellís squad already had the looks of being the Valleyís top Class 6A squad in 2018, with 13 returning starters from a 12-1 squad along with a talented 9-1 JV squad coming up hopes were high for a big season from the Sabercats. Now, there are a pair of talented transfers at key spots who could really make Vela dangerous in 2018 as RB Cristian Flores a 1,200 yard back moves in from Edinburg North to team with Aaron Alvarez who ran for nearly 900 yards and 18 touchdowns a year ago. Maybe the biggest question mark for Vela was at QB and that question looks to be answered as word filtered down Wednesday morning that Mission Pioneer QB Jacob Rosales would be transferring to Vela in the fall. Rosales has played at the varsity level since his freshman year and accounted for over 3,200 total yards as a junior. Thereís no question that at least on paper, Edinburg Vela looks to be the team to beat in the Rio Grande Valley in Class 6A.

Its a big deal due to the caliber of the transfer... Had it been a kid who was a benchwarmer, no one would bat an eyelash but being that it is one of the top QBs in the area, who could probably start at most schools in South Texas its a big deal...
    Wait... is that why no one said anything when I transferred? My mom just said we did a good job of hiding it.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Thank you captain obvious lol but yea I agree it’s a thing now in the mission,Edinburg McAllen area & its only the beginning

Hearing of another potential transfer moving into the area. From a good source but could well be a rumor. So can't say who it involves for now
    Last edited by LupitoLPNL; 06-02-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Vela better go 5 or 6 deep getting all these transfers.

A couple more guys isnít going to get them past westlake

Very unlikely they will even get out of the 3rd...
    Nobody ever gets passed the 3rd round.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    A couple more guys isn’t going to get them past westlake
    A Mission-Edinburg-McAllen super team wouldn't win region 4 unless they got some Jerome's and Dusty's on their team.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Hoping we do get past that 3rd round.
    have to get past 32-6a fourth seed first

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ralphss434 View Post
    have to get past 32-6a fourth seed first
    True, very achievable. 2018 sabercats will be a much better team than years before. Can't wait

Immortal

Panthers and Wildcats will be waiting for there shot at this vela super team.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    True, very achievable. 2018 sabercats will be a much better team than years before. Can't wait
    I'm told there is no way Coach Tom Lee (Pioneer) signs off on Jacob, that will draw out the process similar to the way it did when Jorge Olivarez transferred to Vela from PSJA North... This could force Jacob to miss the beginning of the season, but he'll be there for the playoffs... I had Vela going 9-1 possibly 10-0 before Jacob showed up, I would be willing to be they'd go 10-0 with Jacob... HOWEVER, now with this distraction, I could see Hanna, Los Fresnos, United or Memorial giving Vela a game IF Jacob is forced to sit out maybe 7-3 or 8-2... If Jacob plays, Vela will win all those games by 21+

Heisman Winner

I'm told there is no way Coach Tom Lee (Pioneer) signs off on Jacob, that will draw out the process similar to the way it did when Jorge Olivarez transferred to Vela from PSJA North... This could force Jacob to miss the beginning of the season, but he'll be there for the playoffs... I had Vela going 9-1 possibly 10-0 before Jacob showed up, I would be willing to be they'd go 10-0 with Jacob... HOWEVER, now with this distraction, I could see Hanna, Los Fresnos, United or Memorial giving Vela a game IF Jacob is forced to sit out maybe 7-3 or 8-2... If Jacob plays, Vela will win all those games by 21+
    We will be just fine with Sotelo or Campbell

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Iím uncertain as to the proof you allude to. The six questions that Lee and his principal need to answer are below. Number 6 seems to be the sign off question at issue. It asks for the coachís informed personal opinion as to why the student is transferring is for athletic purposes. His opinion is good enough for purposes of completing the form. It doesnít ask him to prove anything. In fact, if Lee doesnít sign off itís the studentís burden under the preponderance standard to move the DEC the move wasnít for athletic purposes. Leeís opinion (devoid of proof) that the student move for athletic purposes sends this to the DEC for hearing to determine eligibility. Based on a prior post the move was for baseball.

Here are the questions from the UIL form that Lee needs to answer:

Was there any conflict or dissatisfaction between the student, his/her parents, and the athletic/academic supervisors at the school?
    2. Was this student recruited to attend another school or was any undue influence exerted upon this student or family to change schools?
    3. Did this student quit an athletic activity or program while enrolled in your school? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    4. Was this student ever suspended or removed from your school athletic program? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    5. Would the student be prohibited from participation in athletics had they not changed schools? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    6. Based on your knowledge of the student and their circumstances, is this student changing schools for athletic purposes? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    I think Sharyland ISD needs to take a hard look at #2. Jacob was recruited heavily before the season, at the start of the Spring, and after football. If you know anything about Vela or Pioneer, this wasnít a complete surprise. Word got out early in the spring that Vela coaches were coming after Jacob hard. Even heard that Lee met with Jacob and his dad about the move. Now there is a lot of talk about Vela asst. coaches celebrating about the move, saying how ďthey finally got him!Ē Sharyland ISD needs to fight this because it is a pure athletic move and to stop Vela from blatant recruiting.

Heisman Winner

When will this decision take place ?

What’s going to happen to Frank Zuniga he transferred from Edinburg north to play qb at Vela. They are already looking into the the transfer of Rosales. I’m hearing that there’s a baseball parent recruiting heavily. It’s about to get interesting in the coming weeks.

Default Vela

Whatís going to happen to Frank Zuniga he transferred from Edinburg north to play qb at Vela. They are already looking into the the transfer of Rosales. Iím hearing that thereís a baseball parent recruiting heavily. Itís about to get interesting in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats View Post
    What’s going to happen to Frank Zuniga he transferred from Edinburg north to play qb at Vela. They are already looking into the the transfer of Rosales. I’m hearing that there’s a baseball parent recruiting heavily. It’s about to get interesting in the coming weeks.
    If what you write about Zuniga transferring to play QB at Vela is in fact correct, he would be ineligible to play under UIL rules. As you have described it, it’s the classic definition of transferring for athletic purposes. DEC should be busy dealing with the Vela transfers.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    If what you write about Zuniga transferring to play QB at Vela is in fact correct, he would be ineligible to play under UIL rules. As you have described it, it’s the classic definition of transferring for athletic purposes. DEC should be busy dealing with the Vela transfers.
    Do you really think anything will happen? I will all work out. It’s the Rgv.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Do you really think anything will happen? I will all work out. It’s the Rgv.
    I mean, we can always see another Adam Solis situation again, except Jacob is a senior...

Hall of Famer

I mean, we can always see another Adam Solis situation again, except Jacob is a senior...
    Refresh my memory.

Thread Information