Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Can you name a top talent Valley player who transferred to Harlingen. I can't name one, I would like to know who it was. ????????? Maybe I missed it.
    You didnít miss sheit. However, Harlingen gets transfers just like all of the Hidalgo County schools...(not).

Heisman Winner

Saw jacob on campus today, kid is a good size. Looks like the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    It happens all the time... You can't tell me that there aren't kids at HHS that don't belong to La Feria, Lyford or HSouth... I personally don't mind this...
    Can't think of any especially the type of kids you are talking about, top talent starting at another school and then transferring to Harlingen.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Saw jacob on campus today, kid is a good size. Looks like the real deal
    He is the real deal... He's better than any QB Vela has EVER had... He's just on another level physically, he automatically opens up the Vela Offense... I think Pioneer has better WRs than Vela does, but Vela has a better OL and RBs...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Can't think of any especially the type of kids you are talking about, top talent starting at another school and then transferring to Harlingen.
    I don't know... Nor do I care... Quit whining because y'all aren't getting top players... You don't see me whining because my team isn't getting transfers anymore, we still winning without them...

Hall of Famer

He is the real deal... He's better than any QB Vela has EVER had... He's just on another level physically, he automatically opens up the Vela Offense... I think Pioneer has better WRs than Vela does, but Vela has a better OL and RBs...
    Fabian was pretty dang good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    I think being lefty helped, great guy imo, good friend of mine.

Junior Varsity

qb ehber lopez was a monster/playmaker. --- all qb's have been great imo

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    Fabian had a better team around him IMO... Jacob is the better QB because he can play in any system... Dude can run the triple option on Monday and run a pass happy spread on Tuesday without skipping a beat...

I don't know... Nor do I care... Quit whining because y'all aren't getting top players... You don't see me whining because my team isn't getting transfers anymore, we still winning without them...
    Hahahahaha, no one from Harlingen is whining about not getting top transfers. Itís more like: yíall sound pathetic and lame glorying transfers, kids moving for athletic purposes.

Lol

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Hahahahaha, no one from Harlingen is whining about not getting top transfers. It’s more like: y’all sound pathetic and lame glorying transfers, kids moving for athletic purposes.

Lol
    "Glorying transfers"?? That's a reach... You guys sound all jealous because Harlingen isn't getting any transfers... I can already see the excuses if Vela has a better season than Harlingen this season... I'm not even a Vela fan, but I can see why parents want their kids to attend that school...

Hall of Famer

"Glorying transfers"?? That's a reach... You guys sound all jealous because Harlingen isn't getting any transfers... I can already see the excuses if Vela has a better season than Harlingen this season... I'm not even a Vela fan, but I can see why parents want their kids to attend that school...
    Sounds like Vela needs to learn how to keep their coaches....seems like a lot of turnover..Football coach last year, basketball coach this year after 1 year....transfers in football help sometimes but probably more so for baseball if your goal is to go more rounds in the playoffs or the opportunity to go further.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    Sounds like Vela needs to learn how to keep their coaches....seems like a lot of turnover..Football coach last year, basketball coach this year after 1 year....transfers in football help sometimes but probably more so for baseball if your goal is to go more rounds in the playoffs or the opportunity to go further.
    Expectations at Vela are high that's all I can say.
    Last edited by LupitoLPNL; 06-01-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Expectations at Vela are high that's all I can say.
    That’s at any good program.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    That’s at any good program.
    Indeed... If a program doesn't expect to be the best football team in the district going into the season, what do they play for?!?

Hall of Famer

Vela better go 5 or 6 deep getting all these transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Vela better go 5 or 6 deep getting all these transfers.
    Very unlikely they will even get out of the 3rd...

Heisman Winner

Very unlikely they will even get out of the 3rd...
    Hoping we do get past that 3rd round.

Perhaps “glorying” was the wrong term, but I couldn’t careless if Harlingen receives transfers or not. It’s just comical how it’s made into a big deal and largely a McAllen-Mission-Edinburg thing.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Perhaps “glorying” was the wrong term, but I couldn’t careless if Harlingen receives transfers or not. It’s just comical how it’s made into a big deal and largely a McAllen-Mission-Edinburg thing.
    Its a big deal due to the caliber of the transfer... Had it been a kid who was a benchwarmer, no one would bat an eyelash but being that it is one of the top QBs in the area, who could probably start at most schools in South Texas its a big deal...

Thread Information