Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    It's true. He's already enrolled over there. Kids are talking like it was more for baseball than anything.
    Jacob was going to have a great crew of WRs next season at Pioneer... Joel Cajero, Lavar Lindo and Diego are big time guys... I don't think the Vela WRs are gonna be quite as good as those kids, but I do think Vela is a MUCH better football team than Pioneer's is...

Hall of Famer

If I understand the UIL rules correctly. You can transfer without having to be signed off on as long as you're transferring to a school with a different classification then the one you're leaving?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    If I understand the UIL rules correctly. You can transfer without having to be signed off on as long as you're transferring to a school with a different classification then the one you're leaving?
    You can not transfer for athletic reasons. They will have to prove it was for other reasons. Then the school you are leaving will have to sign off on it. Just depends on how hard they want to make it on him. Then it has to approved by UIL.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    You can not transfer for athletic reasons. They will have to prove it was for other reasons. Then the school you are leaving will have to sign off on it. Just depends on how hard they want to make it on him. Then it has to approved by UIL.
    Sounds like a very risking move, especially for it being his senior year. You mentioned people are saying he left more for baseball. That sounds like to me for athletic purposes. Sharyland has won a UIL ruling or two in this same matter. It will be interesting what Tom Lee and Sharyland ISD decides here.

Hall of Famer

Sounds like a very risking move, especially for it being his senior year. You mentioned people are saying he left more for baseball. That sounds like to me for athletic purposes. Sharyland has won a UIL ruling or two in this same matter. It will be interesting what Tom Lee and Sharyland ISD decides here.
    Yep.

Platinum

I was told from a guy who knows a guy that Coach Lee isn't going to sign off...

Heisman Winner

How can the UIL prove that indeed it was for athletic reasons? For all we know he probably moved address. Being that Vela is known as an athletic magnet for students doesn't help Jacob. Hope they let kid play, I'm all for transfers. It's whatever is best for the athletes. I'm sure they do it often in the top programs in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    This is purely speculative conjecture, but is there a chance Coach Lee (and/or any of his assistants) did something to sour young Rosales' loyalty to the Pioneer program? What would Coach Lee gain from refusing to sign off on the transfer? Obviously Rosales (with the concurrence of his parents) has made his decision clear that he doesn't want to play at Pioneer by already transferring to Vela before the school year has concluded. Hopefully, they work things out amicably.

Retired Football Guru

Please refer to: https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/cons...al/eligibility

Pay special attention to Sections 410, 442, 443.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Who is that team they are playing with a blue football field?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Who is that team they are playing with a blue football field?
    Vets or Valley View

Vets or Valley View
    Where is that? Brownsville?

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Where is that? Brownsville?
    Valley View is in Pharr and Vets is in Mission. The other Vets is in Brownsville as the Chargers.

LarCard and I have spoken at length on this topic
    So.....?

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    So.....?
    Can you name a top talent Valley player who transferred to Harlingen. I can't name one, I would like to know who it was. ????????? Maybe I missed it.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Can you name a top talent Valley player who transferred to Harlingen. I can't name one, I would like to know who it was. ????????? Maybe I missed it.
    Why does it matter? Aren't you two always commenting about winning with home grown talent rather than transfers?? If it helps Vela get into the 4th round then good for them... I personally don't think they'll get past the 3rd round any time soon, with or without transfers...

Heisman Winner

Lee would gain nothing for refusing to sign off but he has rules to follow and if there is no proof then you don't sign. Rules are made for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    This is purely speculative conjecture, but is there a chance Coach Lee (and/or any of his assistants) did something to sour young Rosales' loyalty to the Pioneer program? What would Coach Lee gain from refusing to sign off on the transfer? Obviously Rosales (with the concurrence of his parents) has made his decision clear that he doesn't want to play at Pioneer by already transferring to Vela before the school year has concluded. Hopefully, they work things out amicably.

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Lee would gain nothing for refusing to sign off but he has rules to follow and if there is no proof then you don't sign. Rules are made for a reason.
    Iím uncertain as to the proof you allude to. The six questions that Lee and his principal need to answer are below. Number 6 seems to be the sign off question at issue. It asks for the coachís informed personal opinion as to why the student is transferring is for athletic purposes. His opinion is good enough for purposes of completing the form. It doesnít ask him to prove anything. In fact, if Lee doesnít sign off itís the studentís burden under the preponderance standard to move the DEC the move wasnít for athletic purposes. Leeís opinion (devoid of proof) that the student move for athletic purposes sends this to the DEC for hearing to determine eligibility. Based on a prior post the move was for baseball.

Here are the questions from the UIL form that Lee needs to answer:

Was there any conflict or dissatisfaction between the student, his/her parents, and the athletic/academic supervisors at the school?
    2. Was this student recruited to attend another school or was any undue influence exerted upon this student or family to change schools?
    3. Did this student quit an athletic activity or program while enrolled in your school? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    4. Was this student ever suspended or removed from your school athletic program? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    5. Would the student be prohibited from participation in athletics had they not changed schools? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    6. Based on your knowledge of the student and their circumstances, is this student changing schools for athletic purposes? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 05-31-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Retired Football Guru

It already sounds like the scenario with Jaden Taylor and Lanny Wilson at Harlingen South a few years ago.

Rosales should've just transferred to Hidalgo, no one would've raised an eyebrow. But, since it's Vela, it's going to raise red flags.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    How can the UIL prove that indeed it was for athletic reasons? For all we know he probably moved address. Being that Vela is known as an athletic magnet for students doesn't help Jacob. Hope they let kid play, I'm all for transfers. It's whatever is best for the athletes. I'm sure they do it often in the top programs in Texas.
    Don't forget a magnet for controversy too. (Change my mind.)
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Thread Information