Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Platinum

Exclamation New QB at Edinburg Vela???

I just heard via a reliable source that former Sharyland Pioneer QB Jacob Rosales has enrolled at Edinburg Vela. Anyone hear about this yet??

Heisman Winner

Probably will be used in a different position, freshman campbell and sophomore Sotelo will be the favorites for the starting job. Welcome aboard Jacob

Heisman Winner

Frankie Zuniga also transferred to Vela was the starting QB at EdNorth

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Probably will be used in a different position, freshman campbell and sophomore Sotelo will be the favorites for the starting job. Welcome aboard Jacob
    There is no way on earth AJ or Campbell will beat out Rosales... Rosales will be the best QB to have ever played at Vela, he's bigger and stronger, has played in a decent program for the last 3 years, not to mention he is automatically Vela's fastest player...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Frankie Zuniga also transferred to Vela was the starting QB at EdNorth
    Zuniga wasn't considered a top QB... Rosales is probably two in the RGV...

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    There is no way on earth AJ or Campbell will beat out Rosales... Rosales will be the best QB to have ever played at Vela, he's bigger and stronger, has played in a decent program for the last 3 years, not to mention he is automatically Vela's fastest player...
    Don't get me wrong trouble he's an athlete, we will have to wait and see

Hall of Famer

And yet another transfer on the west side of the Valley. What a joke. But I guess if it gets him a chance to go to college its OK.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Aj still has a leg up since he is familiar with the system. Chase is a great kid and competitor but still an incoming freshman. Jacob going in gives Vela experience, if he can adjust to the system then he will probably get the start. Sotelo and Campbell won’t go quietly though both youngsters have that fire to compete and won’t back down.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    And yet another transfer on the west side of the Valley. What a joke. But I guess if it gets him a chance to go to college its OK.
    And the players from los fresnos that transferred to Harlingen? Like you said if it gives him a better chance to play college ball, players and parents will make the move. We don't know the reasons why, we can just speculate

Platinum

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    It happens all the time... You can't tell me that there aren't kids at HHS that don't belong to La Feria, Lyford or HSouth... I personally don't mind this...

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Aj still has a leg up since he is familiar with the system. Chase is a great kid and competitor but still an incoming freshman. Jacob going in gives Vela experience, if he can adjust to the system then he will probably get the start. Sotelo and Campbell won’t go quietly though both youngsters have that fire to compete and won’t back down.
    Let the drama begin!

Hall of Famer

Didn’t I hear Pioneer has a stud QB coming up that was going to compete with Rosales for the starting job?

If the transfer is true he’ll start at Vela. He’ll also make their baseball and track teams better.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    Didn’t I hear Pioneer has a stud QB coming up that was going to compete with Rosales for the starting job?

If the transfer is true he’ll start at Vela. He’ll also make their baseball and track teams better.
    Yes and no... The "stud" you are referring to is Eddie Lee Marburger, yes he's talented but he's not Rosales, not as big, fast or athletic... He also doesn't have the experience Jacob does, no way he would have beaten out Rosales for that spot

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    It happens all the time... You can't tell me that there aren't kids at HHS that don't belong to La Feria, Lyford or HSouth... I personally don't mind this...
    Does it?

I don’t hear much about it, especially concerning top talent.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Does it?

I don’t hear much about it, especially concerning top talent.
    LarCard and I have spoken at length on this topic

Heisman Winner

If transfer is true I wonder how the Sharyland school board feels now. They hand picked their new coach and now they lost the franchise player. This is too funny. RGV Trouble, a Victory over Pioneer is in the Bag for your Rattlers.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    If transfer is true I wonder how the Sharyland school board feels now. They hand picked their new coach and now they lost the franchise player. This is too funny. RGV Trouble, a Victory over Pioneer is in the Bag for your Rattlers.
    Was in the bag with or without him...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post

It's true. He's already enrolled over there. Kids are talking like it was more for baseball than anything.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    It's true. He's already enrolled over there. Kids are talking like it was more for baseball than anything.
    Vela has a great athletic program, baseball team had a good run in playoffs. Only a few seniors graduating this year so success will role over to next year.

Thread Information