Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 508
  1. #181
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HARLINGEN
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Transferring to a private school is out of the UIL's hands.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

  2. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    Transferring to a private school is out of the UIL's hands.
    So then he can play right away?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #183
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REKAT View Post
    So then he can play right away?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on the private school and TAPPS/TCIL rules and regulations.

    MMA is independent, if I'm not mistaken, and probably the only place where he'd be able to play right away.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  4. #184
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    Transferring to a private school is out of the UIL's hands.
    Dude, think about schools in California, Florida, Ohio and even Vegas... Those are all private schools, imagine we had the same system here! I mean the RGV, not Texas... Maybe we could get past the 3rd round more often..

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TX9er View Post
    I believe the DEC hearing is set for June 23. I have been told that Pioneer is not signing off on the transfer, and the DEC chair has also been provided evidence of recruiting. All of this stemming from baseball traveling teams. The transfer was not a surprise move, as it was suppose to occur early in the spring, before baseball got underway. News spread quickly about that, and it got pushed back till the end of the spring.
    Is Jacob Rosales' hearing before the DEC still set for tomorrow (6/23)?

  6. #186

    Default

    What was the outcome of the DEC?

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    What was the outcome of the DEC?
    The posters in Hidalgo County have gone eerily radio silent on this one. Akin to the calm before a storm.

  8. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    The posters in Hidalgo County have gone eerily radio silent on this one. Akin to the calm before a storm.
    Or maybe there’s no info , and maybe the hearing didn’t happen yet

  9. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Or maybe there’s no info , and maybe the hearing didn’t happen yet
    Well at least the periscope emerged from the deep, but unfortunately with the lens cover engaged!

  10. #190
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Or maybe thereís no info , and maybe the hearing didnít happen yet
    Hearing was pushed to July.

  11. #191
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TX9er View Post
    Hearing was pushed to July.
    So did lee sign off on papf?

    Is that the reason for a hearing?

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    So did lee sign off on papf?

    Is that the reason for a hearing?
    If Lee were to sign off on the PAPF, the need for a hearing would be moot, unless another in-district school challenged the student's eligibility.

  13. #193
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    If Lee were to sign off on the PAPF, the need for a hearing would be moot, unless another in-district school challenged the student's eligibility.
    Lee did NOT sign off... I have also heard several teams within that district are also challenging his eligibility

  14. #194
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Lee did NOT sign off... I have also heard several teams within that district are also challenging his eligibility
    So where do you think he would end up?

  15. #195
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,866

    Default

    Let this be a lesson.

    Next time Edinburg Vela coaches come calling, just say “no”.

  16. #196
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    So where do you think he would end up?
    Vela, he might miss a game or two but the UIL and DEC dont have any teeth...

  17. #197
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,354

    Default

    Senses tell me that the UIL won’t allow the transfer
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  18. #198
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Edinburg, Tx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    The kid transfers before the school year ends, to a school in a different district and classification. Legit change in address, he is now zoned to Vela. It's pioneers word against vela, dec and uil need hard evidence that he indeed moved for athletics purposes. I think he will stay at Vela

  19. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    The kid transfers before the school year ends, to a school in a different district and classification. Legit change in address, he is now zoned to Vela. It's pioneers word against vela, dec and uil need hard evidence that he indeed moved for athletics purposes. I think he will stay at Vela
    He can stay and go to school at Vela but if he uses your justifications before the DEC/UIL, his move may turn out being solely for academic purposes. As Trouble mentioned, the coaches in Vela’s district are going to be throwing their own spears. The totality of the circumstances does not favor Rosales.
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 06-30-2018 at 09:30 AM.

  20. #200
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    The kid transfers before the school year ends, to a school in a different district and classification. Legit change in address, he is now zoned to Vela. It's pioneers word against vela, dec and uil need hard evidence that he indeed moved for athletics purposes. I think he will stay at Vela
    Odds are against him, I think they'll rule him ineligible... He'll file a law suit and settle... He'll play baseball at the very least at Vela.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •