Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 508
  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    See Section 443 (e) (2)

    http://www.uiltexas.org/files/consti...bchapter-m.pdf

    It appears that there is no time limit for a superintendent (or designated administrator) ; Prinicipal or Coach of departed school to sign off on the PAPF form. The rule seems to allude to anyone of the three can sign off on said form. But, that's left up to interpretation.
    It's a checks and balances approach. Two people must sign off. Superintendent or designated administrator AND Principal or coach. The interpretation is quite narrow and is more a matter of alternative delegation.

    If you would be kind enough, please provide the UIL reference to the 15 day rule. I've heard of it but never read it.

  2. #102

    Default

    Double post.
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 06-08-2018 at 07:58 PM.

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post

    IMO, the student-athlete in question, did not transfer WITHIN 16-5A DII and moved up in classification to 6A.

    A case to consider:
    2017-A former Mercedes student-athlete transferred from 5A Mercedes to 2A La Villa a month or so after his senior season began. He just had to sit out the required 15 days and was eligible to play when La Villa's district play started.
    OK, a review of the UIL Constitution (Subchapter M) shows it is irrelevant to determining the eligibility of a transferring student athlete if the student athlete transfers from a lower classification to a higher classification (i.e, 5A to 6A). The probative basis is rooted in the elements contained in the PAPF and adjudicated through the DEC and UIL in cases where transfers are believed to be for athletic purposes or other matters which would be in contravention of the UIL Constitution and its eligibility rules.

    As for the 15 day sit out rule, that only applies to a transferring student athlete that is otherwise deemed eligible to compete, AND registers after the 6th class day of the current school year. Eligible transferring student athletes enrolling and in attendance at the new school during the first six days of the current school year are eligible immediately. From my understanding, Rosales is already a student at Vela and the 15 day sit out rule isn't applicable to him if he is otherwise deemed eligible at the new school.
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 06-08-2018 at 09:03 PM.

  4. #104
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,205

    Default

    VNL, I seriously doubt Coach Lee signs off, I would also doubt the principle does either...

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    VNL, I seriously doubt Coach Lee signs off, I would also doubt the principle does either...
    I agree with you RGVT. The more I think about it, it's less about Rosales and more about accountability at Vela and school districts in general. I believe Lee and his school district have an ethical obligation to not sign off on the transfer if they have credible evidence the transfer doesn't pass the UIL test. Either way, I wish the kid the best.

  6. #106

    Default Vela

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    OK, a review of the UIL Constitution (Subchapter M) shows it is irrelevant to determining the eligibility of a transferring student athlete if the student athlete transfers from a lower classification to a higher classification (i.e, 5A to 6A). The probative basis is rooted in the elements contained in the PAPF and adjudicated through the DEC and UIL in cases where transfers are believed to be for athletic purposes or other matters which would be in contravention of the UIL Constitution and its eligibility rules.

    As for the 15 day sit out rule, that only applies to a transferring student athlete that is otherwise deemed eligible to compete, AND registers after the 6th class day of the current school year. Eligible transferring student athletes enrolling and in attendance at the new school during the first six days of the current school year are eligible immediately. From my understanding, Rosales is already a student at Vela and the 15 day sit out rule isn't applicable to him if he is otherwise deemed eligible at the new school.
    That’s why he enrolled at Vela the last week of school to prevent him from sitting out the 15 days. They knew what they were doing.

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats View Post
    That’s why he enrolled at Vela the last week of school to prevent him from sitting out the 15 days. They knew what they were doing.
    I don't think that's the primary reason. He could have shown up at Vela during the first six days of the new school year without a 15 day penalty. So, technically he could have waited another 3 months or so to transfer.

    There's likely a calculated reason he transferred during the last week but it's unlikely it was to avoid the 15 day "time out." I tend to think it is to force Lee to show his hand and have time to regroup with a contingency plan if the transfer eligibility is contested successfully by Lee and his school district.

    Conspiracy Theory (I have no data to support this henceforth Conspiracy Theory):
    Parents have moved into Vela school zone already. If they own a home in the Pioneer school zone, they have listed it for sale. If it comes to hearing before the DEC, they can assert that they have been trying to sell it for three months and it has been shown X times by their real estate agent indicating the move is legitimate and the transfer of schools was necessitated by the physical residential move rather than for athletic purposes. It's kind of like showing the whole move is a process over an extended period of time and not spontaneously done the week before school starts. It's more palatable for a DEC that way. Did I mention this is an unsupported conspiracy theory?

    Conversely, had young Rosales already moved into the Vela school zone and remained on the Pioneer playoff-bound baseball team until they were eliminated on May 12, 2018? Then the week after baseball season ended he transferred to Vela the last week of school during finals? Two words come to mind: PREDETERMINED STAGING.
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 06-09-2018 at 11:02 AM.

  8. #108
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    I don't think that's the primary reason. He could have shown up at Vela during the first six days of the new school year without a 15 day penalty. So, technically he could have waited another 3 months or so to transfer.

    There's likely a calculated reason he transferred during the last week but it's unlikely it was to avoid the 15 day "time out." I tend to think it is to force Lee to show his hand and have time to regroup with a contingency plan if the transfer eligibility is contested successfully by Lee and his school district.

    Conspiracy Theory (I have no data to support this henceforth Conspiracy Theory):
    Parents have moved into Vela school zone already. If they own a home in the Pioneer school zone, they have listed it for sale. If it comes to hearing before the DEC, they can assert that they have been trying to sell it for three months and it has been shown X times by their real estate agent indicating the move is legitimate and the transfer of schools was necessitated by the physical residential move rather than for athletic purposes. It's kind of like showing the whole move is a process over an extended period of time and not spontaneously done the week before school starts. It's more palatable for a DEC that way. Did I mention this is an unsupported conspiracy theory?

    Conversely, had young Rosales already moved into the Vela school zone and remain on the Pioneer playoff-bound baseball team until they were eliminated on May 12, 2018? Then the week after baseball season ended he transferred to Vela the last week of school during finals? Two words come to mind: PREDETERMINED STAGING.
    Wow! This is getting really good! It almost sounds VNL has the inside scoop on this matter! If this works, then you just gave the solution for future transfers.

  9. #109
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Might consider Santa Rosa, possibly helps SR win 3 state titles, football, basketball and baseball.

  10. #110
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Wow! This is getting really good! It almost sounds VNL has the inside scoop on this matter! If this works, then you just gave the solution for future transfers.
    I believe the DEC hearing is set for June 23. I have been told that Pioneer is not signing off on the transfer, and the DEC chair has also been provided evidence of recruiting. All of this stemming from baseball traveling teams. The transfer was not a surprise move, as it was suppose to occur early in the spring, before baseball got underway. News spread quickly about that, and it got pushed back till the end of the spring.

  11. #111
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Might consider Santa Rosa, possibly helps SR win 3 state titles, football, basketball and baseball.
    He'll need to pull a Jadon Taylor to be able to play or a parent mysteriously gets hired at Vela.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  12. #112
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TX9er View Post
    I believe the DEC hearing is set for June 23. I have been told that Pioneer is not signing off on the transfer, and the DEC chair has also been provided evidence of recruiting. All of this stemming from baseball traveling teams. The transfer was not a surprise move, as it was suppose to occur early in the spring, before baseball got underway. News spread quickly about that, and it got pushed back till the end of the spring.
    So lee nor Thompson is signing. If true than vela and parents can appeal and what happens then?

  13. #113
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    213

    Default New QB at Edinburg Vela???

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    So lee nor Thompson is signing. If true than vela and parents can appeal and what happens then?
    If they do try and appeal, luck will not be on their side. It has become extremely rare for the State UIL executive council to override the decision of the DEC. There must be overwhelming support of a wrong doing by the DEC for them to overturn the ruling. That ruling will be him moving for “athletic purposes.”
    Last edited by TX9er; 06-09-2018 at 08:17 PM.

  14. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    He'll need to pull a Jadon Taylor to be able to play or a parent mysteriously gets hired at Vela.
    JT never transferred to a 5A.

  15. #115
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    [QUOTE=TX9er;881172]If they do try and appeal, luck will not be on their side. It has become extremely rare for the State UIL executive council to override the decision of the DEC. There must be overwhelming support of a wrong doing by the DEC for them to overturn the ruling. That ruling will be him moving for “athletic purposes

    Tx9er so do you think this case is closed. Rosales looses? What happens for him then. This is his Sr year.

  16. #116
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,205

    Default

    [QUOTE=buckeye;881174]
    Quote Originally Posted by TX9er View Post
    Tx9er so do you think this case is closed. Rosales looses? What happens for him then. This is his Sr year.
    LOL!!! Who cares if it's his senior year! No one forced him to transfer, this is called ACCOUNTABILITY and before anyone makes an excuse for immaturity or experience, the kid has parents who should have know what COULD happen!

  17. #117

    Default

    I doubt they hold him back.. I’ve known of only one player who Sharyland didn’t sign the papers for , because he tried moving from Pioneer back to Shary for football in 2015.

  18. #118

    Default

    He also was already enrolled and at campus before the year ended. Already has property in Edinburg, and no longer have “assets” in Mission(Sharyland). They can’t hold back someone for moving , UNLESS THERES PROOF HE MOVED FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES, which there isn’t any. At the most he still has to wait the 15 days, but there’s truly nothing Sharyland ISD/Pioneer can do in this situation to not let him play , besides wanting to keep him.

  19. #119
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Edinburg, Tx
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    He also was already enrolled and at campus before the year ended. Already has property in Edinburg, and no longer have “assets” in Mission(Sharyland). They can’t hold back someone for moving , UNLESS THERES PROOF HE MOVED FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES, which there isn’t any. At the most he still has to wait the 15 days, but there’s truly nothing Sharyland ISD/Pioneer can do in this situation to not let him play , besides wanting to keep him.
    From what I've heard from the kids is that he moved address. Whether if it was for athletic purposes I don't know but we can all speculate that he did. Now is there proof? I don't know. I say they find a way to get it approved. Hope they let him play, would be awesome addition to the team.

  20. #120
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    JT never transferred to a 5A.
    True, but he transferred nonetheless using a loophole. Left out of state played one Varsity game; then transferred to Lyford. He established residency then waited 15 days to play at Lyford.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •