Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

Default Top Passing and Rushing teams

For the 2018 season, which teams will be the top 5 passing and top 5 rushing teams in the RGV in 6A and 5A, respectively?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    For the 2018 season, which teams will be the top 5 passing and top 5 rushing teams in the RGV in 6A and 5A, respectively?
    Top passing team in 5A Mission Veterans and 6A PSJA High... Top rushing team in 5A Brownsville Vets and 6A McMemorial... I think it'll look something like that... Landry Gilpin is gonna run all over everyone, but he's also gonna pass for a lot of yards... Mission Vets will be the top Offense in the RGV

5A Passing:
    Mission Vets
    Sharyland Pioneer
    Sharyland
    Mercedes
    Rio Grande City

6A Passing:
    PSJA
    San Benito
    Rowe
    Harlingen
    Vela

5A Rushing:
    Brownsville Veterans
    Sharyland
    EE
    Mission Vets
    Mercedes

6A Rushing:
    McMemorial
    Weslaco East
    Edinburg High
    Edinburg Vela
    Hanna

2018 6A Passing - PSJA High Bears - Rushing - Mc-Memorial - Most Balanced - Vela (IMO) - 5A - Passing Sharyland - Rushing - Mission Vets - Most Balanced - Sharyland.

DOUBLE POST*
    Last edited by Jesus12399; 05-23-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Top passing team in 5A Mission Veterans and 6A PSJA High... Top rushing team in 5A Brownsville Vets and 6A McMemorial... I think it'll look something like that... Landry Gilpin is gonna run all over everyone, but he's also gonna pass for a lot of yards... Mission Vets will be the top Offense in the RGV

5A Passing:
    Mission Vets
    Sharyland Pioneer
    Sharyland
    Mercedes
    Rio Grande City

6A Passing:
    PSJA
    San Benito
    Rowe
    Harlingen
    Vela

5A Rushing:
    Brownsville Veterans
    Sharyland
    EE
    Mission Vets
    Mercedes

6A Rushing:
    McMemorial
    Weslaco East
    Edinburg High
    Edinburg Vela
    Hanna
    Very solid list and agree with Mission Vets being top offense. Just have a feeling Los Fresnos must be in the list some how just dont know where to place them but again agreed on the lists.

Immortal

Will vela be a 50/50 team which is why they are not higher on the list? They've always had an explosive offense

Hall of Famer

Los Fresnos is 50/50, we can pass and we can run
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Will vela be a 50/50 team which is why they are not higher on the list? They've always had an explosive offense
    That is exactly why they aren't higher on the list... Same goes for LF, I think they're gonna be more of a rushing team though

Immortal

That is exactly why they aren't higher on the list... Same goes for LF, I think they're gonna be more of a rushing team though
    Those teams are going to be the harder teams to scheme for of course depending on defense. Speaking of defense, which teams in each district will be putting up the best defenses?

Hall of Famer

LF has a good core coming back on defense. LF kept most of their opponents last year with the exception of SB in the teens for points.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    LF has a good core coming back on defense. LF kept most of their opponents last year with the exception of SB in the teens for points.
    I heard that a couple of LF players transferred to Harlingen. Any truth to this? Heard anything? An OL and a RB or WR.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    I heard that a couple of LF players transferred to Harlingen. Any truth to this? Heard anything? An OL and a RB or WR.
    Havenít heard anything

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    This is true. I heard of a couple of players transferred to Harlingen from Los Fresnos. I heard about 2 transferring as they were disgruntled because they were not starting at LF and felt they should be starting. They transfered to Harlingen as a player from the cards said they would put in a good word with their coaches. These players that transferred were not projected to start at LF but you never know with hard work and a chip on their shoulders at Harlingen. Again they are not the top talent at LF according to current players thoughts.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    This is true. I heard of a couple of players transferred to Harlingen from Los Fresnos. I heard about 2 transferring as they were disgruntled because they were not starting at LF and felt they should be starting. They transfered to Harlingen as a player from the cards said they would put in a good word with their coaches. These players that transferred were not projected to start at LF but you never know with hard work and a chip on their shoulders at Harlingen. Again they are not the top talent at LF according to current players thoughts.
    Nothing is given, all is EARNED.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    We can put them on our bench too.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Nothing is given, all is EARNED.
    Agreed

5A Passing:
    Mission Vets
    Sharyland Pioneer
    Sharyland
    Mercedes
    Rio Grande City
    RGV Trouble,

With QB Jacob Rosales' transfer to Edinburg Vela, do you still have Sharyland Pioneer projected as the #2 5A passing team or does Rosales' transfer change your predictions? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Platinum

RGV Trouble,

With QB Jacob Rosales' transfer to Edinburg Vela, do you still have Sharyland Pioneer projected as the #2 5A passing team or does Rosales' transfer change your predictions? Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Yes they're still gonna be up there, Marburger is gonna throw for a bunch of yards... They've got some really good WRs at Pioneer...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 05-31-2018 at 06:41 PM.

5A Passing:
    Mission Vets
    Sharyland Pioneer
    Sharyland
    Mercedes
    Rio Grande City

6A Passing:
    PSJA
    San Benito
    Rowe
    Harlingen
    Vela

5A Rushing:
    Brownsville Veterans
    Sharyland
    EE
    Mission Vets
    Mercedes

6A Rushing:
    McMemorial
    Weslaco East
    Edinburg High
    Edinburg Vela
    Hanna

I'm assuming the one in bold is a guess ???
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Thread Information