Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top coaches

Default Top coaches

Not too much to talk about right now, so who are your top five coaches in the RGV?

Ron Adame, Gilpin, Dan Gomez, Bill Littleton, and if i had to pick one the Coach from Los Fresnos (forgot his name)

Hall of Famer

In no particular order Los Fresnos, San Benito, Weslaco East, McMemorial and Brownsville Vets
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by bwgonzales View Post
    Ron Adame, Gilpin, Dan Gomez, Bill Littleton, and if i had to pick one the Coach from Los Fresnos (forgot his name)
    Coach Patrick Brown
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    In no particular order Los Fresnos, San Benito, Weslaco East, McMemorial and Brownsville Vets
    McMemorial can't even get past Laredo or RGV schools with D1 talent...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 05-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Platinum

Ron Adame Sharyland, Dan Gomez San Benito, Michael Burgett Weslaco East, David Cantu Brownsville Vets, Patrick Brown Los Fresnos... I think Mark Guess needs to be mentioned too...

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

In no order Ron Adame Dan Gomez Patrick Brown David Cantu hard to pick between coach Gilpin and Burget. If i had to pick one would be between Dan Gomez and Ron Adame. Honorable mention Coach Guess.

Heisman Winner

#1 Burgett. has gone to 3rd round 3 times in a row with small enrollment and no superstars. I can't remember a down year at East. . Brown LF very good as well but has depth with 3500 enrollment. SB coach and Manny Gomez best of the rest.

No love for the Lord?
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

He is helping the starving Cardinal football players who don't know where their next meal is coming from.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    No love for the Lord?
    You didn't see that redwave called him "the best of thr best"?!? I chuckled a little when I read that...

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    He is helping the starving Cardinal football players who don't know where their next meal is coming from.

Praise!

Hall of Famer

Manny Gomez should be at top of list no doubt ... look what he done the last 10-12 yrs and he’s actually broke thru to 4th round ... stumpbaugh should be up there as well
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by craftysouthpaw View Post
    Manny Gomez should be at top of list no doubt ... look what he done the last 10-12 yrs and he’s actually broke thru to 4th round ... stumpbaugh should be up there as well
    In no particular order...

Gomez (harlingen,sb), Burget again accomplishing what he has with one of the smallest if not the smallest 6a enrollments in the valley. The entire bvets coaching staff. Adame has consistently done really good at sharyland.

Gomez is a good DC at best.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Gomez is a good DC at best.
    Agreed!

Platinum

How has he done over the last 5 years though, don't tell us about what he's done a decade ago tell is what he's done lately... Don't get me wrong, beating Reagan was nice but missing the playoffs doesn't help his cause... You want to be the best team come WK10 not WK1...

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Not too much to talk about right now, so who are your top five coaches in the RGV?
    Only 2 valley coaches, that if I saw them eating at a restaurant, I would pick up the tab and pay for them. All the other ones have to pay my tab. SR basketball coach and SB softball coach.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    How has he done over the last 5 years though, don't tell us about what he's done a decade ago tell is what he's done lately... Don't get me wrong, beating Reagan was nice but missing the playoffs doesn't help his cause... You want to be the best team come WK10 not WK1...
    What do you mean ... 2 years ago undefeated in a district everybody thought was best in valley ... beat SB that yr, that was the favorite that yr...
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

What do you mean ... 2 years ago undefeated in a district everybody thought was best in valley ... beat SB that yr, that was the favorite that yr...
    Adame is 58-16 as HC in the last 7 years, whatís Gonezís record in the last 7? 4/7 DC , 7 playoff appearances and 3, 3rd Rd appearances in a row.

Thread Information